My restart week: Random thoughts and questions

Discussion in 'Strugglers and Restarters' started by Cy2006, 5 June 2007 Social URL.

1. Cy2006

Cy2006 New Member

So after starting the Cambridge Diet late last year and losing 4 stone in 5 weeks, I ended up having to finish it early due to doctors orders. After months on medication which had sorted out the original problem (and put weight back on at a fast rate at the same time, which was a particular side affect with the drug I was on). I saw my doctor and discussed the situation with them and they agreed to me restarting the diet, so after they signed the form here I am back on it.

I restarted on Saturday the 2nd of June and am now on my fourth day. I got through the carb headache and am now in the first week phase of doing the following:
    • Having to second think my brain when it goes "oh go on have some food it will be OK, you can restart the diet tomorrow"
    • Dreaming about food and then waking up guilty over the fact that i have eaten (when I haven't)
    The one thing I am sure of is that once the diet is over I am never going back to my old ways and putting the weight on. Not after this all this.... :)

I have to admit I do feel a bit odd dieting and then talking about it in public, especially on here on a forum. For any men who are registered on here, is this normal or just part of my general insanity

2. Avatar Matched Content

3. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Don't diet anymore!
    Perfectly normal bud but food problems and dieting are a human problem and not gender specific.

Therefore welcome to the forums and hope you stay and post along the way as it can be a great source of support.

Good luck although you know luck doesn't come into it with this diet :)

4. s_786

s_786 Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I have re-started 3 days ago aswell as My size 12 clothes which were very comfortable last summer are very tight these days. Not 100% I must admit as I am suffering from eye infection and soar throat at the same time. It is very much in the head aswell as a test of will power. I find it easy when things are going smooth for me. I need to look my best 23rd of June as I am going to meet someone very special.
    Just hope we can all do this together.
  5. Cy2006

Cy2006 New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome Mike, I have to admit your blog on your dieting experience were the main reason I started this type of diet. I'd heard about it before, however a lot of the information was along the lines of "always hungry", "the weight always gets put back on at a faster rate afterwards".
    Having read your blog though I realised that it works and if you're willing to change your lifestyle then you can do it.

I myself had come to a point where I needed to do something or else I was facing health problems later in life, so I bit the bullet and did it the first time.

Knowing that I have done it before to me means I will do it and complete it.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.