My s&s journey has began!!

Yorkshire Lady

Well today has been my first day ever following s & s and have never tried anything similar before.
After been at ww for quite a while messing around with the same few pounds ,only going every other week or so I was wasting sooo much money! Worst thing is that I have/had become obbsessed with food !!!
So thought s & s will hopefully help me get out of that mind set.!
So today Day One,
Coped alot better than I thought I would.Had porridge with water around 9:20 ish I think and managed to drink a litre of water before and during. Felt abit hungry at work half twelve ish so had more water that settled it till had chick soup at 2pm with again water before and after, had chicken and broccoli when hubby and kids had tea at 6pm then had lemon,yog ,white choc bar with cuppa at nine.
Supprising how many times I try picking and looking at stuff to eat when I aint hungry. Was abit strange not having any fruit too!
All in all a good day I think still feeling really positive, srill want to carry on so will take it day by day.
Bit of along post ooooops.....
PS Have never piddled soooo much in my life, have to walk through a waiting room at work felt a teeny weeny bit embarressed as same faces sat there on my 2nd,3rd trip!!!
Bed is calling day 2 awaits!!x

Good luck, know what you mean about the toilet trips at work! You are doing well by taking it one day at a time, before you know it you will be weeks into it and well in the swing of it xx

Well done. The toilet trips do decrease as our body gets used to the water.

Day 2- Almost complete and I have found it really tough, again like yesterday got hungry around 12ish after having crispy vanilla shake (it was really really nice!) for brekkie at half nine kept on top of it with drinking water. Tried chilli for dinner (2pm) that too was nicer than I thought it was going to be. Fish and rest of broc from last night with family at 6pm and a muesli bar at 9pm with a cuppa.
I have really struggled today to stop the urge to pick at/eat rubbish I have just craved anything and everything it's like when I stopped smoking years ago that urge to fill my face is unreal. I did have one boob when I put kids tea out and the spoon went where? Yep straight in the hatch, realised what I was doing and spat it out!
Only day 2 can it get worse??????
Positive thinking..........I will do this!!!
Here's to day 3!
Good look guy's.x:)

Welcome and well done on completing day 2. It will get easier stick with it x

Hello hun how u doing today? going into ketosis is always tough but once ur in it BOOM the hunger goes :D Keep at it xxxx

Thank's guy's, day 3 got to say not too bad. Quite hungry when I got up but cuppa and water sorted that. Busy day at work and forgot to have dinner shake so had it when I got home. Didn't need my bar really cos I wasn't hungry . (I did have it tonight with a cuppa)
I am struggling sooooo bad with the cravings to eat rubbish (biscuits,choc,crisps) I know I don't need them and know I ain't and don't feel hungry , it's happening a good few times a day but I am not giving in......although I have been in the cupboards a couple of times.
All in all good day me think's!
Hope you have all had a good day.x

Well done hun! Yep its normal to crave the food, yesterday i had an awful day i had been up from 1.30 with my son throwin up everywhere and when im tired usually is tuff my face with all my face treats, get a takeaway etc but obviously i couldnt lol just had to keep ignoring my thoughts and get on with it, it does get easier, but then it is still hard sometimes.. I Just keep reminding myself its choc and crisp that helped put me in this position, and its always gonna be there when im done as a treat :D Hope u have a good day today xx

Hi Stef2009,
Hope your son is feeling better now.What sort of day have you had? I am really bad too when tired (or pretty much when I pass anything edable!!)for stuffing my face with anything thats around! Can't actually believe i have got to the end of day 4 today. Had loads of mad craving's again and did eat 1 grape!!!! wasn't hungry, havn't felt hungry at all today just habit I think.
Don't know how I will manage over the weekend but hey ho I'm about to find out!! Take care.x:)

I'm interested to see ow I get on over the weekend..all new ground.. Well done on day 4.

Good luck! Sure we will do fine,just got to keep in the right mind set and remember why we are doing it! Gonna really miss the alcohol don't know how I will cope, leave hubby and kids to fend for themselves and hide under duvet till mon!!
Let us know how you are doing over weekend.xx

Well done hun on completing day 4. And thankyou he is better now :)
So your first weekend.. How u feeling? Weekends are always the hardest unless uve got a really busy one!

Since my totm (which i havnt had in 5 yrs!) Ive been a nightmare, hungry, fed up, wanting to eat. I convinced myself yesterday ive knocked myself out of ketosis even though i hadnt cheated!! lol Its just mind over matter!!!

Whens your first weigh in? It'll be monday right? xxxx

Well here I am finally! I'm struggling to find time to get on here and its cheesing me off, ive always been a lurker but never dared to post! Now I managed to brave it grabbing 20 mins ,half hour is impossible!!
Anyways the weekend has gone fab I did turn a night out down though! with it been my first week didn't want to mess up need to get my head round the plan first.
Still getting the cravings for junk but knowing they soon pass makes them bareable!
Day 7 tomorrow then my first week will be over and i've got to say it hasn't been too bad at all and the fact Im still 100% says it all. I'm well chuffed,ready for the week ahead,hope you have all had a good week.xx

Awww dont worry hun we all get really busy times, if i didnt work from home id never have time to come on!!

Well done you for turning your night on down, think that was a very good choice!

Wow day 7 does this mean ur weigh in day today or is it 2morro???

Wahooo well done for sticking to ur first week 100% and doing great!! keep it up xxxx

Day 7 finally here!
First week over and it has gone ok.
Weigh in no 1....8.5 lbs down(totm too). Had a sneaky weigh couple of days ago and was down abit more but I'm pleased with that.
Had such a busy day at work today I didn't get dinner till I got home at 3pm tried the veg soup and got to say it was yuk! Not good at all so tried strawberry shake which was nicer!!
I'm so glad I stumbled across s&s , I would still be messing about with the same half stone at ww like I had done for the past year! But now in 1 week ive done it and can't wait to see what next week brings. Good luck to you all.xx

Brilliant, once the first week is down then it gets so much easier x

I know that some people have great losses on WW (well relatively speaking) but IMO nothing beats a VLCD if you want to shift weight fairly rapidly. I do think that WW, SW etc are great plans for maintenance tho. Well done on the loss - hope you get a good loss in week 2.

Sounds like your first week has gone well and you should be into ketosis now... Good luck with week 2!

Back