My sample pack came!

MiniMoosh

Mooshing back
I'm really glad because I've never tried any kind of meal replacement or shakes, I did have one Biggest Loser one to see if that was the diet for me and... yuk! Now I'm not sure if I should start doing the diet, even though I only have 5 items and I'm pretty sure I will hate the porridge as I hate it anyway! But I had to try it, nothing ventured. But if I do start I'll then have to make a full order which may take a while so I'll have to stop and re start. Or if I should just try the items as one meal a day then decided.... hmmm. Any thoughts?

I try them as one meal a day and start properly when your full order comes

Good luck x

Thanks! I think I need luck :D

I just tried the caramel shake and I'm so relieved its palatable- not delicious but I could get it down! I think I'll try 1 or 2 tomorrow (looking forward to the truffa bar, seems to be a favourite on here!) then if that goes ok do a full order.

Once you find what you like then it's easier to stick to it. I just have same flavour every day. 3 shakes and a bar and I'm quite happy to live on that for next few months :) x

Thats what I hoping to do, find the ones I like and stick with them! I'm a creature of habit, always had the same breakfast for over a year when slimming before.

Oh and I tried the truffa bar now (within the cal limit I set myself until I start a proper diet!) and its lovely, I may order a full week now to try everything else!

Once you get started you will drop the weight, do you have much to lose? I'm looking to Lose 4 stone 2lbs now it's fast so it suits me.

When are u hoping to start?

I'm aiming to start as soon as I pick a diet and recieve whatever I need! I'd like to lose quicker than I did Rosemary Conley, I found the 1lb a week loss disheartening, as one week of going up a lb undid 2 weeks work! I did lose almost 4 stone but it tapered off then a change in circumstances made me give up. I have at least 6 stone to lose, maybe 7! I put on about half of what I lost before, I never want to get up to 21 stone again.

I've been 20 stone years ago and I lost all the weight went down to a size 10 then my thyroid went wrong and I have gained 5 stone back. Which I've now lost 10lbs of that. I found other diets too slow for me as I have a lot to loose I like to see results and get the rewards for sticking to the diet. I think you will find a vlcd will get rid of the weight fairly fast if you can stick to it.

It's all in the mind and as long as your mind is focused and in the zone it's easier.

X

I know I'm focussed- I have a few goals, to fit into size 10 which I've never done, to be a healthy BMI, to look and feel good for my best friend's wedding in June. And my biggest goal- I live in London and visit family in Cornwall twice a year. I want to get off the train and they don't know it's me!

Wow they are great goals and certainly enough to keep you on track.

It's an amazing feeling buying small clothes and you will be surprised at how quick u will need to

I know! I've lost 7lb since early December just eating better and trying not to pig at Christmas. I'm already losing my trousers... which is both good and bad! Last time I dieted properly I bought the same pair of jeans in size 22 (start size) then all the way to 14 which I nearly fit into but life got in the way. Back up to 18- I'm so proud for not going up to 22 again, I could easily have done it!

I've now tried the caramel shake, the truffa bar and the bolognaise (for breakfast!) and I love them! I'm happy I've found something I can do. Tonight I'm trying the veg soup and tomorrow the porrage though I do usually have porrage so I don't have high hopes! And my order was placed this morning and will arrive tomorrow. I just ordered one week plus extra spag bols, bars and wafers which will see me through and show me if I can do it. I'm also using tesco ultraslim in the day as my sample wasnt enough to cover me till the order gets here- I hope thats ok, on the Exante forum they mention that they are similar. Taking a multi-vit and mineral too. Really hoping this works for me!

The ultra slim bars are ok but the shakes are full of sugar and therefore too high in carbs for a VLCD, but seeing as you aren't in ketosis yet I don't suppose it'll make a difference if you are using the shakes for a couple of days until the real thing arrives. Good luck!

I got both sorts, and some Biggest Loser meal bars which are fine but a bit odd! Hopefully the nix of those with the S+S MRPs will be enough, though I may order some Exante for variety.

I really should go and make this soup sachet. I don't think I'll like it so I'm putting it off!

Oh and I did get a couple of the Tesco drinks as I didn't realise they weren't the same thing (lot to learn!) I'll keep them as spares or use them if the order doesn't arrive tomorrow.

Don't use the Ultra Slim shakes once you're in ketosis as they may kick you out and you'll make things difficult for yourself. Better to have low carb veggies and protein if you do actually run out.

I thought that may be the case.... oh well, they were only 88p each. Not the end of the world! I got two Slim Fast shakes too, I think they are the same. Oh dear!

Yes, Slimfast are the same unfortunately. Maybe you could return them?

Maybe, I did only buy them this week. Wanted to try all options really. Maybe see if Tesco will let me change them for the bars!

Yeah, the bars are ok (meal replacement ones not snack bars).

Back