My Second Half of Development and Beyond Diary

Congratulations Julia on getting to RtM.
Its wonderful and scary at the same time - but there are a lot of us at the moment in the same boat and I have to say the support I have received in the last two weeks here on Mini's has been incredible!
Just wanted to wish you lots of luck
Laura

Thanks Laura. I have been avidly lurking on all the management threads and can only echo that they are a tremendous source of support and advice, and really has helped me over the last couple of weeks in development and now management.

Today I am feeling really hungry for some reason, and finding myself thinking of how I could possibly sneak some food without affecting week 1 of RtM. I think it's just one of those bad days and I have to be very aware of any triggers and voices above and beyond the real physical hunger which might make me want to eat. This is not helped by the fact that there are 2 packs of coconut bites and chocolate cookies sitting in the office, which I will not go near but which probably got my rebellious child going. I have to admit to eating 4 macadamia nuts, which I found in a pack in a cupboard, but considering the damage I could have done had I caved in and eaten those cakes I am actually quite pleased with my choice, although it would have been best to just sip a glass of water instead….But I see this all as part of my learning curve and it kept my rebellious child in check and I was pleased that I could say to myself "just 4 and no more" and that I was able to stick to it.

Also I am feeling quite bloated around lunchtime/early afternoon for the last couple of days, which I find really weird. I don't have any food until dinner time so doubt that the bloating comes from the food. But I can literally feel it, I sometimes have to actually adjust my belt because it starts feeling tight in the afternoons. Maybe it's just one of those things that happens when back in the world of food???

I have to say that I find the new routine of three packs and a meal quite challenging at times. I just got so used to having certain packs at certain times of the day that I find it hard on deciding which pack to leave out, which is really weird as I genuinely enjoy my evening meals.

On the plus side I find preparing food for the family so much easier and stress free since I know I will have something to eat as well, and tonight will have some quorn sausages with a bit of lettuce and celery, and try and watch the portion size as still not sure how much I actually should be having.

Back