My Shopping List

trying_healthy

Hi everyone, this is the shopping list that i have decided to start my diet with. If anyone has any information and why these foods are/are not good for a diet, please let me know. thank you!

Bananas, kiwis, oranges
Baked beans
Tomato soup, Chicken soup
Canned Tuna
Prawns
Sweetcorn
Warburtons Squareish wraps
Turkey Breast
Turkey Slices
Bell Peppers, Onions, Mushrooms, Lettuce, Carrots, Cheese
Passata
Tomato's
Rice
Muesli

It looks fine to me too, just make sure that you know how many calories in the wraps, I only mention it as I used to eat them, then realised they were about 160 cal each, and I used to have 2 with dinner! As a replacement to two slices of bread though, they're obviously better.

:) good luck avoiding temptation!

NumNums said:
Good shop, you'd be surprised how many meals you could make out of those things too.

Light Mayo?
Low fat/calorie wraps?

Warburton s squareish wraps are great for the pizza's, but high in calories if you want like... a tuna and salad wrap.

x

Warburtons are about 160 but deli wraps are more like 200. Warburton ones are prob a bit thick for wraps but pizzas are delis, you just need some mozzarella x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Warburtons are about 160 but deli wraps are more like 200. Warburton ones are prob a bit thick for wraps but pizzas are delis, you just need some mozzarella x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Weight Watchers Wraps are 103 calories if you want to use them to make salad wraps or tunea wraps, 57 calories is a big difference between those an warburtons.

I use the Warburtons for the pizza's though, they're fanrastic!

Ok, so here's why those things are good or bad as far as I know..

High in protein
Baked beans (also iron, calcium and fibre but make sure you go for the low sugar and salt ones)
Canned Tuna
Prawns (very low in fat too)
Turkey Breast
Turkey Slices
Cheese - can get low fat cheese

Low in calories
Tomato soup, Chicken soup
Prawns
Tuna
Passata
Tomatoes
All the veg you listed

Lower calorie than their alternatives
Warburtons Squareish wraps (I love these! Can turn them into pizzas too)

High in vitamins and minerals
Bananas (Potassium and B6)
kiwis, oranges
Prawns (omega 3 oils plus others)
Tuna (omega 3 oils plus others)
Carrots
Sweetcorn

Low carb (if you care)
Prawns
Tuna
Peppers
Lettuce

Low GI (slowly releases into your blood stream)
Prawns
Tuna
Carrots
Cheese
Turkey Breast
Turkey Slices
Onions
Mushrooms
Lettuce
Tomatoes

High GI (spikes your blood sugar, so not a good thing. Doesn't mean avoid just means moderation)
Baked beans
Sweetcorn
Rice
Muesli

High Fat (again, means keep in moderation)
Cheese - can get low fat cheese

So my biggest piece of advice to you is that nothing is out of limits to you, you just have to learn about moderation. That's the best thing about calorie counting really, there are no rules of eat this, don't eat that.

I'd also consider adding yoghurt, natural or greek, which is a great source of protein and calcium. You can have it with chopped up fruit and if you need it a little sweeter, a little honey maybe. Cottage cheese is great too, lots of protein and far less fat. Eggs are great again for protein though there's more fat in the yolks but as long as you don't have that many you'd be fine, I often use just the whites as well. Or say 2 whites and 1 whole, instead of 2 whole.

Hope that helps!

Back