My sisters Dr wont let her do cd!

mummypower

Just call me Anne x
My sister is gutted, she has a bmi over 40, so had to take a form for the dr to sign, he refused saying it was a waste of money and she sould exercise!
I have told her to get a second opinion what do you think?

That makes me so cross these Drs!!!!!!!!!

Although she cannot do the SS or 790 plan she CAN do the other plans and then when her BMI gets to below 40 she can step down to 790 and then SSing.

She would not need her forn signing then unless she is on certain medications

Definately get another opinion - I had so much trouble from my GP who although eventually signing the form was frankly a bully. I now see another GP at the same practice who congratulates me on my progress everytime I go in so it's worth getting another opinion!

find another doctor. It makes me so cross to hear this attitude from some doctors while others are so for it. Just shows that doctors are not gods and definitely some have huge faults. Tell her not to take no for an answer. Also, I don' t know if it is the same for CD but on LL you can get the forms done at one of the medical centres in train stations etc. You have to pay but if it were me, I'd willingly pay

The Form cannot be signed at a medical centre it has to be the GP..

I also had huge probs with this. Tell your sister to book another appointment with another doc at the surgery and ask her cdc for a letter stating what exactly the cd is and also to include the booklet "notes for doctors". Thats what I did and also tell her to mention to the doc that this is really the last option before she asks for surgery on the nhs, that go their arses into gear believe me!
:)

deb.xo

My sister is gutted, she has a bmi over 40, so had to take a form for the dr to sign, he refused saying it was a waste of money and she sould exercise!
I have told her to get a second opinion what do you think?

Deffo get a second opinion! Good to see you posting hun - how YOU doing???

My doctors surgery here in the UK wont sign anything for CD or LL, They flatly refuse too. Luckily, I do not need a med form signed but I agree with everyone else, get a second opinion :)

Thanks for the replies, I have told her to see another dr.
Hi Donna, got a stinking cold, so feeling sorry for myself!
How are you ?

Dancing said:
on LL you can get the forms done at one of the medical centres in train stations etc

The LL is just an ongoing blood pressure check (every 4 weeks) which I cheekily got done for free at Lloyds Pharmacy every month, rather than a proper medical taking into account medication etc. I know a lot of women had problems even getting that much done and sometimes had to pay quite a lot for it (£40), so much so that my LL counsellor had sussed out all the local doctors who WERE supportive of the diet that she could refer people to them.
Obviously not suggesting CDC's should do so (especially since it doesn't need to be done monthly) but it might be worth ringing around local surgeries yourself to find out if they're sympathetic before potentially wasting your time on another appointment.
We should maybe start a pamphleting campaign and send out educational material to GP's across the country!!!

Hi Anne,
Sorry to hear you have a cold. Hope its not too bad. hows the girls doing? and how are you finding sticking to the diet? are you on your 3rd week now?
donna
xx

Ok-ish. I started SS again on Monday and have been to the gym a couple of times so had some chicken so that i had some calories to burn lol. Last night i had a few salad leaves with a radish & desert spoon of cottage cheese (prob shouldnt have had but wont have knocked me out of the big K). Went to make my shake up for supper and spilt the bloody thing all over!! luckily I had some spares so made another. did a vanilla one with a spoon of coffee in - omg, it was sooo lush.
Whats your favourite?

sorry dancing, it is probably my fault! we are mates & we got chatting :-(

My favorite is Chocolate yum yum!
Favorite soup is oriental Chilli Mmmmm!:p

I cant decide on a favourite shake - if I did it would be vanilla. My favourite soup is the chilli one and the bars - OMG how nice are they? The orange one is like a big jaffa cake, the malt chocolate one is like a mars bar!!! how can you lose weight eating stuff that is so good lol. :rolleyes:

What's wrong with those doctors who are not willing to cooperate if someone wants to loose weight? In the Netherlands weight loss is stimulated all around and it won't be different in the UK. I know that many people are against CD but please give the person who wants to do it some respect and confidence. To go on cd is not a one night thougt so i can get really mad about this kind of reactions of so called medical "experts". It takes al lot of courage and a strong will to go on CD so instead of helping people those doctors make people feel low and inconfident about themselves. If someone wants to try to loose weight on a way that is his or her's own choice, doctors should be cooperative, especially if it's better for the health of someone. Being obese makes most people down and depressed so let them break out if they want!!!!!!!!

Hugs
botozi

I also had huge probs with this. Tell your sister to book another appointment with another doc at the surgery and ask her cdc for a letter stating what exactly the cd is and also to include the booklet "notes for doctors". Thats what I did and also tell her to mention to the doc that this is really the last option before she asks for surgery on the nhs, that go their arses into gear believe me!
:)

deb.xo

If I've got the right 'mummypower' - the appropriate paperwork was sent before going to the docs :D I'm on the case Anne......!

Back