My slim and save wedding weight loss diary - From 242lbs to 185lbs for my big day!

Haha Scotbean you were right lol! Well... 7.5lbs

Not bad for my first week really, was hoping for 9 to get me into the next stone, but it's the most I've ever shed in a week! So onto week two, just had my porridge for breakfast, my goal this week is to drink more water!

Thanks everyone, couldn't of done this week without you all!!! xxx

Well done Tara - over half a stone is great! I did 7lbs in my first week so you're in good company ;). You'll easily make that stone bracket in the next few days.

PS my work trousers are now loose, not sure how much water/fat was lost but think it must have made some difference as my uniform is def baggy!

Buy a belt with lots of adjustment. I had to buy one when I started as my trousers became too loose and the next size down were still a bit too small. I didn't want to buy new ones as I knew they'd only fit me for 2 weeks. I bought one of those belts without holes where you dig the stud in to do it up (if that makes sense!). I'm still wearing the belt but the difference between the place where I started with it (as I can see that indentation) and where I am now is a remarkable 8 inches, and that wasn't even from my start size - it was when my trousers started becoming too loose. I didn't do starting measurements or photos as I was too ashamed and horrified at my starting size so I have to rely on things like the belt and my clothes to show me how far I've come.

That's a good idea, must be nice to look at the belt and see exactly how much difference that is!!! 8 inches is remarkable! I tend to lose slowly but would love to get well on the way to the 14s within a couple of weeks!

Hi everyone,

As you can see I've updated my stats and ticker to reflect also my pre slim and save weight loss. I started slimming world in november and went up and down over Xmas. I started s&s at 16st 9.5lbs and currently I am 16st 2lbs. I started my journey before xmas at 17st 4lbs! cringe. But those days are gone and as others also put their pre s&s weight loss on their stats, I thought I'd do the same! xx

Well the OH has lost 8lbs in two weeks too, but he's been eating normal food, just cutting down. We are in competition to see who loses the most before the wedding, I will win! :)

We are going to the cinema today to watch warhorse, it's showing at 2pm so I plan on taking some DR pepper zero with me and my lemon bar! Had my porridge at 10ish to will be timing it just right! He will get nachos, I know it, but I am not bothered as don't really like them anyway lol xxx

Brilliant first week loss TaraT! You must feel encouraged. I started at almost the same 17+ weight as you and am now slowly moving down through the 14s - it doesn't take long! Well done again!

Thank you giza!!! It's good to know that you are doing the same and have made it to where you are so far! This forum is so motivating!!! xxx

Well done tara! And that film sounds really good, my friend went to see it last night.

Well done Tara!!! You've done brilliantly both before and after starting s&s!!

You started about the same as me then before Christmas so I'm playing catch up!!!

Have a great day I saw that film last week before I started this. Had a massive pizza hut beforehand lol. And hey I think it was BG who said you were in bed with the OH not me!! ( even tho I was thinking it lol ;-) )

Xxx

Ha, yes it was me who said it but I bet we were all thinking it :).

I started at 17st 6 so pretty much the same as you. Approaching the 12s now so it's definitely possible. You just have to take one step at a time. War Horse sounds weepy so I hope you remembered your tissues :)

Cried like a baby! What a brilliant film!

I took my DR Pepper zero and lemon bar and was fine. Only had porridge and lemon bar today so far, only 1ltr of water too! Need to catch up on that! xx

yes bit of a problem at the pictures though if you've had too much you need to keep nipping out and then you miss the film!! So you were fine not to have too much before hand

I wasn't sure about the film at all - I didn't hate it but I wouldn't rush to buy the dvd!! And although I weep at a lot of things it did not make me cry - lump to my throat a couple of times though! lol

For some reason it made me well up haha It was just moving lol Maybe I am just emotional because of the diet lol yeah I'll blame that xx

Well done that's a great loss xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Katie!!! Well had my spag bol with steamed broccoli and mushrooms, going to watch stargazing live on catch up now, absolutely love these programmes!

I have one pack left to have, I might have coffee with a vanilla shake, a few people have tried it so will see what it's like! xxx

Well done Tara, you seem to have had a challenging few days but wow 7.5lb off in the first week.
Your dinner sounded yummy, I can't wait for my delivery to finally arrive, after reading all the posts I decided to try the meals. Have you tried the cottage pie or chilli con carne??

Loving your diary x it has really helped me through the first few days x so big thanks x I know I have a few months longer than you till my wedding but I want to get to goal ASAP so I can tone up as well along the way and fingers crossed reintro food slowly and in a way I can maintain x

Just wanted to say thanks really lol x

Helloo!

Thanks Tinks and Slim wannaby... I am happy that my diary has helped, and I will just say, I owe my success this week to everyone on here, they have been so helpful, and everyone keeps eachother going. It's really great to know that you aren't all alone in this.

I didn't have my first pack until 1ish today, had porridge and cinnamon. I am not even hungry now, I've had hunger pangs all week, but they weren't bothering me the way they usually would, now I just don't seem to be having them.

Going to try the chilli today as I got a free sample xxx

Back