My slim and save wedding weight loss diary - From 242lbs to 185lbs for my big day!

Aww that's great, this diet will have him in the 19 real soon and before he knows it in the 18s :)

New avatar Tara - looking good! Round face gone forever :)

Haha yes! Def gone forever!

Well survived the day with family, kept myself away from food by taking all the photos, I am usually armed with a camera at these things. Think it comes from not wanting to be the one in front of it!

Had lemon bar for breakfast, spag bol for dinner, caramel shake for tea and just had oatmeal with cinnamon made into cookie for a sweet treat.

Haven't managed much water today, to be honest I bet under 1.5 ltrs, so going to have to drink a few glasses between now and bedtime! Bought Dr Pepper zero, two big bottles on offer in asda. x

Congrats in your loss babe that great :-D you look amazing in your picture :-D xxx

Well done Tara, you're doing fantastic! I wish I'd found this diet before my wedding!! Your determination is great and it will all be worth it on the day when everyone says how amazing you look, especially if some of them haven't see you for a while!! Oh gawd, I'm excited for you! :) x

Aww thank you so much! I really do hope I can look my best on the wedding day, I've never been confident and although I'm quite social the whole time I am thinking, oh god, I look huge, or don't sit like that because your tummy looks fat, or I'm thinking in the back of my mind everyone is judging me. My OHs mate are all lovely lads, but they all have beautiful slim girlfriends! So I always think, they are judging me. Ultimately I am doing this for myself, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't doing it for other peoples reactions too, I don't know if that sounds vain, but I really want to talk into the ceremony and have everyone gasp!

I've woken up early today with a headache and tummy ache, but going to have a good clean up day, get all my washing done and then off to the bridal shop! eeek X

Jumped for joy in the scales just now, more movement downwards. If all stays well overnight then in for a good loss this week! Fingers crossed I don't a repeat of week 3!

It's my own fault I have a headache today, classic dehydration headache. Just drank almost a ltr of water this morning to help.

xx

You will look fantastic, and it's amazing what having your hair and make up done does for how you feel too! Go mad on all the accessories and all that stuff and just enjoy what you have achieved by getting to where you want to be ready for the big day! I would do it all over again if I could!
I live pronuptia, they used to have one in Lincoln where I grew up but don't have any around here. Your dress will be fab!
Glad the scales are behaving for you this morning, fingers crossed for a great loss this week! x

The ladies in our local store are lovely too, which makes it all so much more pleasant! I did worry going into the shops, I had a few that were like, oh you will want this style for your size/shape bla bla bla. I know they are there to advise but they don't need to wrap me up and hide me because I am bigger.

Pronuptia let my try all different styles and the woman who manages the store said you cannot simply say to someone which dress is right for them before you've seen various styles on them, different people can carry off different styles regardless of size/shape. I tried everything from slimmer cut fishtales to full ball gown styles. I settled in the middle with a bias cut a-line.

I've got some beautiful accessories too! A gorgeous crystal headband, it's really pretty! And didn't set me back too many pennies either!

Really looking forward to it and can't wait to try the whole thing on! xxx

Ok, booked in at 4 to go and try my dress on. Will see how bad it looks lol Assess how far it is from fitting and how much more I need to lose inch wise to have a nice fit! eek

I think you will be pleasantly surprised how exciting trying on wedding dress

:)

Tara I am so excited for you - cant wait to see you how you got on today With your dress fitting :-D I love your new profile pic - you look gorgeous babe xxxxx

Well, cannot believe it, the dress fits! Almost perfectly! two whole sizes down from the one I was fitting into before xmas! I can't believe how it looked! I want to keep going though, even if it means it being taken in, because I still hate my arms, shoulders and fat face! But vast improvement since I last tried on the sample size in the dress!

At least the pressure is off now, and I can mosey along on S&S. I reckon I need another stone to smooth some lumps, and the dress will fit perfectly. Anything above the stone I think the dress will need taking in! xx

Well done Tara so chuffed for you! What a great feeling! x

Amazing, you will be such a beautiful bride knowing all your hard work paid off. Am jealous! Is it worth giving up my decadent lifestyle to find a bloke? Ha, no.

I started writing a post but got side tracked and didn't submit it!

I am in a bit of a panic. I have been told the final fitting is to be 8weeks before the wedding, that's 8 weeks from now! I didn't plan to stop dieting until 3 weeks before the wedding! I don't know what to do. I could be another stone down if I have the dress fitted 8 weeks before the wedding, I could be 2 stone down by then, but it's alot of pressure and it means losing over 3 lbs a week! I think I will ring and have a chat to the seamstress, maybe I can get them to do it 5 weeks before, at least that way I could get them to take into account I could be another inch or so down all over by the wedding! I do think it will need taking in eventually.

Best I can do is go and check at the end of march as planned and see how it fits then! Other than that I will simply have to have it fitted 8 weeks before and get them to take into account that I may lose another stone before the wedding! So 2 inches maybe. I am in a pickle and don't know what to do! x

Don't panic! My seamstress was really busy but only wanted to see me 3 weeks before as only small changes were needed. Just had to promise not to lose any more after that, but mine was corset back too do still a bit of give there if you lose a few more pounds x

I think realistically Tara that your weight loss will start to level out after you've been on it for about 3 months so you won't lose as rapidly as you have in the first 4 weeks or in the next 8 weeks. And as Laura says you may not need to go for the final fitting quite as early as 8 weeks before. For the time being concentrate on getting the weight off in the next 8 weeks and you'll feel fantastic :)

That is a tough one Tara but as its lace up back you have a bit to play with on the back :)

Well done on it fitting in this short space of time wooohooooooo :)

Back