My slim and save wedding weight loss diary - From 242lbs to 185lbs for my big day!

Thats not sad, it's a good idea, I usually weigh 2-3pounds more at night pre diet, but now I weigh about 1-2 pounds more. Just goes to show I am putting less crap into my body in the day!

My breakfast this morning, oatmeal + cinnamon cookie, with sprinkling of sweetener.

Attachments

• SAM_0560.jpg
    SAM_0560.jpg
    490.2 KB · Views: 45
that does look nice,

i hadnt added any sweetners to mine as i dont have any,

which do you use? only asking cos i thought there were some we werent supposed to use.... but it does look good x

its making me a little hungry looking at, good job i have a surgery full of people or id be licking the picture off the computer screen lol x kidding! id be off to make a shake :)

hmmmm must drink some water me thinks x

All caught up on your diary Tara :)

Congrats on the 7.5lb weight loss... and the 2 more lb this morning :) You are really doing amazing!!!!

You seem to be in a very good place and thinking about things rationally and practically!

Good luck for day 10 :) You are going to be one STUNNING bride!! x x

Right Tara how do you get your porridge cookie to look like that?! Mine is more like a squidgy mess - How much water are you adding? How long do you give it? I am well jell lol!!!!! xxxx

Really enjoying your diary TaraT and well done on almost getting out of the 16s! You mentioned that you'll have been doing S & S for eight weeks before your break. I've just completed 8 weeks exactly almost to the day going from around 17.6 to this morning's 14.4. I can't wait to get into the 13s and currently, I'm at my lightest for about 10 years...see how I highjack others' diaries to toot my own trumpet? Shame on me but I take your point re a break. Once I realised how 'easy' this is, I was terrified of stopping. Now I WILL take a bit of a break in Week 12 and add some veggies and chicken (and a big fat tomato!). We have to learn how to cope with food/portion control etc. I have NEVER weighed food in my life but I'm about to start that in Wk 12! Keep up the great work/diary!

that does look nice,

i hadnt added any sweetners to mine as i dont have any,

which do you use? only asking cos i thought there were some we werent supposed to use.... but it does look good x

its making me a little hungry looking at, good job i have a surgery full of people or id be licking the picture off the computer screen lol x kidding! id be off to make a shake :)

hmmmm must drink some water me thinks x

I use splenda, its aspartame free. xx

Really enjoying your diary TaraT and well done on almost getting out of the 16s! You mentioned that you'll have been doing S & S for eight weeks before your break. I've just completed 8 weeks exactly almost to the day going from around 17.6 to this morning's 14.4. I can't wait to get into the 13s and currently, I'm at my lightest for about 10 years...see how I highjack others' diaries to toot my own trumpet? Shame on me but I take your point re a break. Once I realised how 'easy' this is, I was terrified of stopping. Now I WILL take a bit of a break in Week 12 and add some veggies and chicken (and a big fat tomato!). We have to learn how to cope with food/portion control etc. I have NEVER weighed food in my life but I'm about to start that in Wk 12! Keep up the great work/diary!

Wow! 3 stone in 8 weeks!! wow that is amazing!!!

Right Tara how do you get your porridge cookie to look like that?! Mine is more like a squidgy mess - How much water are you adding? How long do you give it? I am well jell lol!!!!! xxxx

Hey,

I don't really measure the water, I just add a couple of drops from the tap, mix up, and then keep adding to get a sticky consistency. I make sure to make the edges thicker and the middle thinner as it cooks the edges first, zap it for about 15 seconds each side. But I stop it every few seconds to check it xx

I think Tara is turning into our S&S cordon bleu chef :). My attempts at anything are pitiful in comparison!

hahaha lol I am a bit of a disasterous chef usually, I have a few select meals that I am great at, but when I try new things I usually mess it up! xxx

Had a bit of a bad day at work today, there is talk of redundancies to admin staff and we are currently short staffed as it is. Long story, but it's getting to me a bit and all I could think about today was comfort food.

I have just had my fours packs though, and haven't caved. The nurse at work bakes cakes all the time and she brought in a massive sponge and cream cake for everyone, she sat and ate it at the desk right next to me today, I had visions of myself in slow motion diving through the air and biting it before it got to her mouth lol Then I told one of the other admin staff and had a bit of a giggle about it.

But yes, today I am feeling ravenous and am craving baddies! I will strive on however, GIZA, you have lost 3 stone in 8 weeks, and thats one hell of a benchmark! xxx

Tara that's amazing.... Well done lovely!!! Those situations are the worst and I can't tell you how many of those visions I've had... Even from random people walking past in the street ha ha x

hahaha it must be a common side effect then lol I just imagined myself hanging off the end of it like a dog with a frisbee! x

Ha ha yeah I sometime get worried I'd also just start eating and never ever stop ha ha I've never been a big one to binge.. Although the amount of sweets n choc I could put away probs would be considered by some... But I actually just imagine eating and eating...

This is going to sound really strange but ketosis really affects my dreams.... When I've really resisted something hard and am proud of myself.... I'll have a dream that I ate and drank and everything will be exactly the same as what my challenge was that day! I've woken up relieved on many many occasions!!! X x

Haha my dreams never make sense, so no chances of me having ketosis inflicted dreams lol

I guess you could say I had the odd binge, but I think of it more as a food addiction, it sounds drastic but I've used food as my vice for such a long time, particularly chocolate. I don't smoke, never really been much of a drinker, can't afford to be a spendahollic, and I've always turned to food instead.

But that's got me to where I am today, I don't think I've ever gone 10days without chocolate before, honestly don't think I have, since my teens anyway! x

Yeah... I know what you mean... It's one of the wonderful things of this diet it really helps you to identify why and when you eat so can have the potential to make you change your habits forever!

Prior to CD last year I was... As much as I hate to admit it... A MASSIVE binge drinker... If I was happy if get drunk, if I was sad I'd get drunk and so on. After 10 weeks of no alcohol not only can I not hold my alcohol lol but also I realized I don't need it to enjoy myself and also I don't like the effect it has on my moods n how I feel about myself! I still go out and enjoy drinking but nothing to the extent where I could potentially hospitalize myself!! So it had other benefits rather than just losing my weight.

Xxx

Yeah I agree, it's not just about seeing the scales go down, it's about changing your lifestyle and retraining your body and mind into new behviours. I don't know if my late night binges will completely stop, but I certainly won't be falling prey to one of them whilst on this plan. I am too focused and too determined to succeed now. It's all too easy to take that first bite, that turns into more, but I have lived the post binge feeling of shame, digust and regret for too long now. I hope I don't revert back and have every intention of no doing so, but theres always that awful voice in your head tempting, and the cravings you don't want to have but they are still there.

It's a mountain to climb but it is possible. Another thing I hope to achieve is to get more active, not really by following this plan, but maybe afterwards whilst maintaining, I've never been one to exercise that regularly since my teens, so that would be a welcome change! xxx

Loved the image of you diving in slow motion to get the cake haha!! Sorry you've got stresses at work. I totally understand where u are coming from I always reach for food cramming it in to make myself feel better. That's the thing I'm finding sooo hard. But learning!

And I am def going to try the cookie again. I think i add too much water......

Yeah, I guess I am learning that I don't need to turn to food. Got through yesterday without it. I am here at work now opening up the surgery, having a moment of calm before the patients flood in and love to complain to us admin staff! haha

I haven't had my first pack today yet, just water. But I am pleased to say, I hopped on the scales and..... I am no longer in the 16s on my home scales! another 2lb off since yesterdays quick peek! So hopefully another good week. I am 15st 12! Also I am officially 15st 7 on the docs scales at work! hehe! I am still sticking with my scales, even if it is tempting to weigh in here, but wouldn't be a true loss!

I am finding the losses motivating, but also though to myself earlier that I know that it is the weeks I see no movement on the scales that will test me. I know some of you have been through that recently and you have kept going anyway. If you can do it, so can I.

So, day 11 now. Not hungry today really, bit of a headache but I think this is a work headache, I often get them in a run of long days and was a bit stressed yesterday too. Have brought lemon bar, caramel shake, and chicken soup with me, I finish at 6.30 tonight so will have my spag bol with veg then xxx

Back