My slim and save wedding weight loss diary - From 242lbs to 185lbs for my big day!

Wooohoooo

Well done Tara that's amazing!!! she will deffo be taking in that dress at this rate :) I love the lemon bars too and I got the least out of them lol

Do you know if you can just order the bars on their own? xxx

Morning TaraTeal,

thats a fab weight loss, really great, well done, esp with the hours you work etc, im fairly lucky i work m-f 7.30am till 1 ish sometimes a bit later but then have to dash to get the boys from school..... but then the rest of the days my own,

you are a real inspiration to me and i love reading your diary and thoughts etc, it makes me see that i can do this and that there are lots of people going through stuff but still coming out on top!

thanks and cant wait to see what your weigh day says !

PrincessK4ty said:
Do you know if you can just order the bars on their own? xxx

You can order just bars from S&S but they are quite expensive compared to Low Carb Megastore or the like. I did a post on this subject a couple of weeks ago. If you like the bars and don't mind boxes of 7 then LCM might be worth a shot although someone on here spoke to Rob and got a discount for buying from S&S so you could try that to?

HTH

Yeah, was just going to post the same, I will try and do an order from the low carb megastore for some more bars as its two weeks til my nxt full order. I am slowly running out of oatmeal too, been having the cookies! lol

I just organised my meals into sections lol I will not touch the veg soup or banana shakes again, I have quite a few of them, but willing to cut my losses on those! I have enough spag bol to last until my next order, and some caramel shakes, chicken soups etc. But I def have my faves now, chilli, spag bol, oatmeal, caramel shakes, lemon bars and chicken soup. Thats what my next order will comprise of anyway!

Twink! Can't believe I am an inspiration to you, never thought I would be, but honestly, this diet is perfect for my lifestyle, working long hours so always found slimming world difficult as theres so much cooking! I think it's great that there are so many of us starting out on this together, it's great that we can keep eachother motivated!

x

Thanks Lisa, think I may have to put in an order, as think it may be harder to keep going without me faves! Don't want to have to resort to the cardboard and dust soup/veg soup xxx

Ok so low carbmegastore are out of lemon bars. So ordered from S&S. Spent a bit more this first month but at least my next full order, I have no wastage as I know what I like now! xx

i hear you with the time saving thing,

to make time for all that cooking and prep etc on ww to only lose 0.5lb in 3 weeks was soul destroying, even the leader had no idea why i wasnt losinig when i took my tracker in to show her, but i wasnt the only in the group that it happened to.... there must have been 12 of us in the first few weeks not losing... though i do know it works for many people!

this is way is soooooooooooooooooooo much easier, and the bars and shakes are so nice.....

we can def do this! and totally agree about the support of this site,

and you missy TaraTeal are wonderful and very inspiring to us all.. :) so accept it and carry on doing what you are doing and telling us all about it lol x

Hahaha awww, I just never thought I would ever lose the weight, like you going to slimming group and never getting anywhere. I did SW twice, each time got to around a stone in 6weeks or so, and then stopped losing, got fed up and gained it back. Spent the last couple of yrs losing and gaining the same stone!

This way is hard, but like bordersgirl said to me before I started, she finds it easy because it's all or nothing, and I think that seems to be suiting me too. I've never been so in control of my eating habits as I am now.

I think ultimately theres a diet that suits everyone, and it's just finding that plan to follow. Your 8lb loss in your first week is amazing and it's nice that we are around the same weight and point on the plan so we can keep eachother going!

Day 13 now:

Feeling good and motivated by inch losses as well as scale losses. I couldn't have got here without the lovely people on this forum, I am only at the start of my journey but have never felt this confident about any diet/weight loss plan before.

xxx

I completely agree Tara. It's 100% finding one that works for you and running running and running with it x x x

Well done Tara the scales still moving down woohoo!! xxx

It's getting your head around it all that is crucial in the first days/weeks Tara and you've done that superbly. Keep on moving forward, there's no going back!

Having a stressful time organising my hen do, I have four bridesmaids, 3 of whom are my little sisters and 1 is my best friend, but she is hopeless at organising anything bless her and has two little kiddies so didn't want to pressure her.

Trying to get everything together and get this thing booked is proving difficult and I could quite happyily dive into a vat of fresh cream right now and eat my way out of it. But no, then I'd be messing up all my effort! and I aint making my 5 days from hell getting into ketosis mean nothing! x

well......cream is actually pretty ketogenic so there are worse things!! (like crisps lol) - NOT that I am encouraging you to dive into a vat of anything!!!!

Aww we will organise your henny and we will just come too!

Thats so nice you hav three sisters. I have one - and we don't get along so great - okayish but we are not close as we have completely different ideas about most things and some of the stuff she does really distresses me! Also have one brother but he lives in England so I never really see him much!

Good luck getting organised!!
xxx

The more the merrier lol

Me and my sisters are all so different ones only 14 but thinks shes 21, next is 19 and shes off at uni doing art, shes so talented, and one is 22 and has a lovely little baby, who I adore! She also happens to be the image of me when I was little!

We are all quite close but have fought like cat and dog at one point or another! haha my poor mother! x

One more and you would have been the Bennets!! xx

Big news, bridal shop just rang and my size 14 dress has arrived!!! Bloody hell, so tempted to go and peek but I said I will arrange a fitting in march. Don't want to pressure myself because i know from the measurements I won't yet fit nicely into it!

Also just booked our airport hotel for the night before we go on honeymoon and booked a lovely rental car for our treks!

Exciting stuff Tara, I think you have done the right thing in waiting to see the dress, you never know by the time you try it on it might be too big!!

Back