My slim and save wedding weight loss diary - From 242lbs to 185lbs for my big day!

we just booked our photographer actually, got a really good price too! I will def me posting some pics on here throughout my journey! Might do a start and during one next week maybe, I am 23lbs down since nov so should see a dif on photos by now, I can tell in the mirror for sure!

Yes that's a good ideal it's good to show others before pics. And just think of the nice new clothes you can get when u reach your target

Aww thanks twinks! It's the people on here I swear, just being able to read their diaries and seeing what can be achieved has really switched my perspective. I would say I am quite a pessimist naturally, but on this diet I would say the opposite. It's proved me wrong, I never thought I'd shift any weight but it's working, this week might be a blip but it's gotta come off eventually! x

Thought I would log my inch loss. Dug out the bridal shop measurements from October when I ordered my dress.

Bust: 47 inches
Waist 39.5 inches!
Hips 51 Inches!!

So now...

Bust 46 inches
Waist 36 inches
Hips 48 inches

Much better, measurements of wedding dress:

Bust 44 inches
Waist 32 inches
Hips 44 inches

x

Think your dress will need taking in

You will be surprised at how much you can lose in the given time.

:)

I am hoping to lose most of what I need to by my bday in march, (inch wise) and keep going after that to get nearer to my ultimate goal weight! We have a little money put aside for possible alterations so fingers crossed it will come in a bit! It also has a lace up back so can budge either way by a couple of inches x

That's good the ones I tried on a few years ago were lace up too and you can pull them right in a good amount

It's so exciting Tara listening to you talk about your dress. Keep up the fab work xx

Hey,

Having a good day today, I am drinking lots of water, headache from hell but it's work/stress related I'm sure! I've had caramel shake warm for breakfast, lemon bar and spag bol.

Good luck today everyone!!! Day 19 nearly done! yay x

How did you decide on what size of dress to buy Tara? It must have been tough and you showed some determination back then. You knew this would work, on some level. You mentioned support; I don't think if this was a group we had to drive to, or whatever, it would work so well. In my dark, dim memory of such meetings, it was usually a crummy village hall, a payment table, boring leaflets and a speaker who was super thin and had reached goal 25 yrs before. All a bit depressing and patronising. Here, we have some amazing women with one common denominator; determination to kick these dieting yo-yo games into touch. We are all rather special in the power of the VLCD S & S vision!!!!!!!!

Def think that this site is helping me carry on, for sure! I didn't like slimming group either, not for me. I had a pretty good idea of what i wanted when I went to look for my dress, had been into shops previously and had tried on a few.

I went in and tried on the styles I liked, they were lovely dresses and was so in love with one. After a while the woman in the shop said would you trust me to blindfold you, and put a dress on you?

So I said yeah why not, I got into this dress, walked out to my sister and her jaw dropped. Didn't ever expect to get that reaction! When I saw it myself I was shocked! It looked lovely even at the size I was! I had my measurements taken and was determined to not walk down the aisle that size. I said the woman to order the 14 as there is no way I can walk down the aisle in that if I am this size.

The fact that it is smaller has motivated me to actually do it. If i don't I will look awful on my wedding day. I am not too far off the measurements now, and I know I will get there. x

Last edited:
So, coming to the end of day 19. It's flying by!

I've had a caramel shake today, yum, lemon bar yum!! Spag bol for dinner and oatmeal cookie about 8ish.

Felt quite hungry today and a bit headachy, but feeling a bit run down. Still feeling positive about the weight loss though. I am nearly at the end of 3 weeks! I've gone 3 weeks almost without chocolate, 3 weeks without my 'vices'. I've lasted this long, so I know I can go the whole hog! I would love to be in the 14s within 2 more weeks! I am coming up 15st 8 on my home scales at the mo, so it's a push, but aim high and all that. I will be happy with 3 lbs a week though, but I'm so eager to see 14! x

You'll see a 14 soon Tara, you just have to stick with it. Good idea re the dress and buying in a 14. What better motivation to stick with it than that.

You will totally get there Tara!! You hav great motivation. I never thought I'd get to three weeks and almost there!!!!! xxxx

Well done Tara, I hope your headache has disappeared. I am concerned about my dress. it's been ordered in a size 20 but I did say I wanted to lose weight. The lady told me that if I moved up or down a size or more to call her and we'd 'talk' the dress isn't due in the shop til July and i have paid for alterations already, so what should I do? I'm going to the Uk end of feb. I want to book an appointment with her as I know I will be a completely different size by then but after that I'm not home until after the dress arrives. Help!

Back