My slim and save wedding weight loss diary - From 242lbs to 185lbs for my big day!

Well done Tara! Better off than on, and if you've seen lower than that on the scales you know that it'll only be water retention. Good luck for week 4. You're on a roll now!

Thanks BG, yeah it showed 15st 5 yesterday so it's gotta be water. I am happy with it though, would like 3.5 this week as that will get me to 20lbs lost in 4weeks. Fingers crossed! x

Well done Tara! That's great. Any loss over totm is fab! Youve done so well and I can see you have a wonderful goal, your wedding. I am helping my S I L to be plan her wedding in October. We are off to a warehouse today to view bridesmaid dresses. They're copies of the ones in the shop but less than half the price. I've got until the beginning of Aug and then they need to order mine!
I'm so excited god imagine what it will be like when and if I get married lol.
I hope you have a lovely weekend and well done again hun! Xx

Well done tara :) a loss is a loss... Many people see week three as the dreaded week 3 as losses are generally low.. I had 2 slow weeks and a whoosh this week. Keep at it every pound in the right direction is an achievement xx

Well done Hun that's amazing amount to have lost on just 3 weeks keep it going those 14s will soon be showing on scales :)

Well done babe, you're doing a great job, stay motivated. You know those numbers will drop! Xx

Morning Tara!! Well done on your loss and your positivity! Keep it up!!

Please don't read my thread today it will bring you down!!!

xxx

Thanks everyone, me and my OH would usually be planning to go for lunch somewhere soon, but we can't lol Got invited to dads for sunday lunch this week too. It's hard with things like that, but it is worth it and it's going quite quickly too really.

Laura good luck bridesmaid dress hunting! I got mine half price too, and they are gorgeous! So happy with them. They are excellent quality, I took them to the bridal shop where my dress is from and the woman there took a look at them and said they are beautifully made. Which is always a risk with purchasing online etc. But luckily they are perfect!

I am going to get some more DR pepper zero, I've probably only had one bottle in the week, but I am feeling quite hungry now, not sure why but in between meals I am feeling hungry and needing them closer together.

I am going to start doing some light cardio this week I think too, and some toning.

So far today had just over a ltr of water and my oatmeal. Planning coffee and caramel shake for lunch, it was lovely when I tried it!! It's almost time to put in my next order too, will do it at the end of the week.

xx

if you dont mind me asking where did you get yours from we went to sexyher.co.uk today hopefully found the dresses! (sexyher-what a name lol!)

Well, went to shops to get OH some food shopping. I was hungry and really fancied chinese food. I usually only crave chocolate but not really bothered about that to be honest. Just craving a sunday dinner and chinese! lol

Haven't given in, just picked up some Dr Pepper zero and some mushrooms. Had spag bol for tea, with broccoli and mushrooms. Feeling very odd today though I must admit, craving like mad, but not going to give in, I've come this far and I sure aint coming out of ketosis now! haha

Quite honestly Tara, when I had my breaks I wasn't overly impressed with how food actually tasted anyway. The thought of what it was going to taste like was much better than the real thing. When I carbed up before my office Xmas do I had a banana and maple porridge planned. I envisaged how they would taste for ages before but I can honestly say that when it came to eating it I wasn't thrilled with how they tasted. It's definitely not worth coming out of ketosis for to find that out!

Thanks BG. I am glad I didn't give in today, I would have been feeling awful right now if I had. Got my friends kids party tomorrow, guna be surrounded by party food, going to take a bar and Dr pepper with me though. So will be ok.

I need to remind myself how quick this 3 weeks has gone.

We are booked in for a meal on 10th march (weekend before my bday) about 5 weeks today. I only want to have the weekend off plan. I did plan to have a week, but not going to now. However from the wed before we go, I plan to add a meal. So have 4.5 weeks until then. Then straight back on S&S the monday after. So that gives me 8 full weeks before my hen night in may. What do you think BG?

Yeah, that sounds fine. Of course your losses might be a bit lower when adding the meal but it should also shake your metabolism up a bit too as you'll have been on the diet for over 2 months. It's getting straight back on track after a break with no excuses that is always the key thing for me otherwise it's easy just to put things off. And do not be disheartened if you suddenly gain when you come out of ketosis. It's just your glycogen stores refilling and you will lose the weight again when they empty again when you go back into ketosis. That's why we have to be careful when we start refeeding for good, and introduce calories and carbs at a slow and sensible rate xx

Well done tara and good luck for your kids party today. I know I'm terrible for going overboard at those kind of things where nobody knows how many times I've gone back for more. Youre bar and Dr Pepper will keep you occupied and you won't even want all of that other non-ketosis friendly food :)

Day 23 now. I think lol! I am feeling ok this morning, glad I didn't give in to any cravings yesterday! I find now I am not craving 'junk foods' as much ie little choc snacks etc but I am craving actual meals, like sunday roasts etc

I placed my next months order last night, a combo of all the things I really like, so this order will take me nicely upto my birthday. I'm not far off half way through to that break. I am concerned about when I re-feed before the wedding, I think the best thing would be to go onto slimming world red for then, and slowly introduce carbs again. I do expect a honeymoon gain but plan to follow slimming world when I get back to keep my weight down. Maybe even another s&s stint, I dunno, but I think one re-start is quite enough to think about for now anyway!

Got on the scales today and looks like the other 2lbs have come off today. Knew they would. There is no way I would lose this much on any other diet. This works for me, it may be hard at times, but I know it will help me towards my goal!

~Good luck this week s&s'ers! x

Well done Tara it is hard but the rewards really are worth it.

I've no patients with other diets losing half a pound a week and costing the earth in loads of food and time preparing and counting.

Im the kind of girl who wants it now very impatient about losing weight. So a vlcd is the only way to go.

My niece did it for her wedding she was rather big but slimmed down lovely for her wedding looked amazing :)

It will be nice to have a before and after tread of pics. As we all get to target :)

Glad the 2lbs came off today Tara as you knew the would. It's impossible to see a number on the scales, stay on track and then not get back to that number pretty quickly as what makes the scales go up can only be water retention xx

Back