My slim and save wedding weight loss diary - From 242lbs to 185lbs for my big day!

Week 4 and another 5lbs down that is fantastic Tara!!! :) Just goes to show how much this diet works.

That is a fabulous weight loss Tara, and so amazing when your bf has been eating all that bad stuff around you - I just love your focus, keep it up!

And well done on making the decision about looking for a new job, it sounds incredibly stressful where you are now, and very unfair - I bet you will feel a million times better once you get something new :)

Well done Tara, those 14s better watch out you'll be there next week to kick their arse

Well done Tara. I would have poured washing liquid over the OH's chippie and told him he could use it to wash the pots with. Men are so inconsiderate when it comes to diets. Hope you succeed on the job too.

5lbs loss - that is absolutely brilliant. Keep up the good work.

Family crisis today, it's been an awful day, I am really wanting some normal food! I don't know what to do! Just one meal! I really want something normal, I know it's because I am stressed but really am craving more than ever at the min, more than I have on this plan so far. Keep thinking I can be into the 14s this week, if I don't cheat, but it's so hard. Been reading up for an hour about the impact of cheating, or going off plan for a single meal. The worst thing is coming out of ketosis, help me!

Can't you have a proper meal but loose the carbs? So you could have roast chicken and lower carb veggies but without the potatoes, or a stir fry without the rice (and try to use frylight or something instead of oil) or something of that ilk. It's not all lost if you have the carbs but you'd need to get back on track straightaway the next day otherwise you'll find an excuse and before you know it you'll be back to square 1 getting back into ketosis.

Whatever you choose I hope things are ok with you xx

Oh hun, hope whatever the crisis is gets resolved soon. Am sending motivation vibes, keep to it. All I can about the meal- maybe look at atkins type of meal, keep in ketosis? Hope you get though this, I know how tempting it is to go off plan. Or maybe try veg from the list you haven't had before?

Or try anything you can to not think about food...... food isn't a stress buster, it isn't a treat. Eat to live not live to eat, it's just fuel! I try to tell myself that all the time, I have as much willpower as a bee in a ..... flower shop, or something.

Sorry to hear about your family crisis Tara, but well done for staying on the wagon. I hope it all gets sorted soon x
I hope you make a decision on your job soon too. I'm also in a position where my job is making me miserable but the place and the people are great so making a decision to leave is a hard one.
But getting through these tests and coming out the other side is what makes us stronger and more determined! You've done so well so far, keep going x

Good morning all,

Well we ended up back at the hospital at 9pm later night until late. I just had my spag bol at tea time as usual and just drank lots and lots of water. Glad I didn't cave now, don't want to be out of ketosis. Me and OH are considering going for a meal for valentines today as he goes back down to plymouth tonight for a week. I am considering an atkins type meal, maybe I could have chicken salad, or something. We may not even go yet, maybe we can find something to do. It's weird because we usually go out for a meal, and catch a film etc It's weird not doing that, so we are spending alot of time in. I like to go for long walks, but because I've had an upset tum on and off I don't think that's best at the minute!

But anyway, I am pleased to say that I made it through, it seems like once a week I get these massive cravings, and it's for things like a roast dinner, or normal food. Not the old cravings I had for all things sweet, chocolate etc! I have a banging headache today, think from all the drama and worry yesterday though.

Just off to have oatmeal for breakfast and get lots of water down my neck! Good luck everyone. The thing that's keeping me going now, it that I could be in the 14s this week!

Well done you! Oh yes very good to have a goal, my goal is to get back down to 12st13 as I've gone up again today booooo.

I'm meeting a friend in a couple of weeks for a meal in our fave pub so I've looked at the menu and will be having ceaser salad.... without the dressing, croutons or cheese so basically lettuce and chicken! Good to plan ahead.

Yeah definately best to do that! We will probably skip the meal today anyway. I have my birthday meal in just under 4 weeks. That was going to be my first break/off plan meal. x

If it feels best to skip, then do it. One meal isn't going to make you so happy you magically fall in love with your weight right now and stop wanting to change. Lol thats kind of what I think, I think one meal isn't worth the guilt but in the end humans need treats and such so having a one off to look forward to in the future is good. Wow I am making no sense, my thoughts are all over the place. I'm trying to tell myself all will be well cos I fell off the blinking wagon yesterday and had an extra bar at 11.30pm after a really good day :(

An extra bar isn't the end of the world moosh. Don't worry about that. We have decided to celebrate valentines and go for a meal. I will try and stick to just meat and veg, water etc. If I come out of ketosis, I am determined to get straight back in, will check at work tomorrow. Just had oatmeal for breakfast. I figure, I've done 4weeks now, will try and keep low carb today for our meal out, have my other packs, maybe not as many and skip having bars for a few days. Stick to my mealpacks and oatmeal/shakes. Then I have my bday in 4 weeks, we are booked for a meal over in Lincoln with friends. Then do another 4 weeks after that until after easter, maybe have another small break then and then the last 4weeks until my hen night. It breaks it up into 4 week blocks, I won't be having full week breaks, maybe just the one off plan meal. I don't see this as caving, I am not going to beat myself up about it, I just don't want to obsess this week and end up having a binge or doing something silly. I am still determined to lose this 2lbs this week to get into the 14s. I also want to be around 14st 7 by my bday in 4 weeks. And I will be. I love this diet/plan whatever you want to call it, and it works for me. But I am going to enjoy this meal today and get straight back on it, if I come out of ketosis so be it, but I am going straight back in to kick its arse, if I can do it once, when it took 5-6days I can do it again!

I've thought long and hard about breaks/off plan meals, and have wise words from fellow vlcd'ers on here. Have a good day everyone, I will be back to report later. xxx

Well done on staying strong Tara. I hope you will be rewarded with the number 14 soon xx

We've decided on going for a carvery. At least then I can have the meat and some veg's. Keep it as light as possible. I've spent hours today reading various diaries/posts about having off plan meals then getting back into it again, all people with varying outcomes. But I have my wedding dress to think of, there is no way I will be falling off the wagon. I've done 29 days of 100% and am so proud of that, after today it will be another 25 days until I switch to slimming world red for a couple of days and go for my bday meal, for this 28days my goal is to lose 12-14lbs putting me ahead of target and probably fitting nicely into the dress.

Then I am straight back on s&s the following monday with a brand new order of products for my next block of 100%, I've worked out that the weekend of 14th april we have a do over in brid, and that will make it 32 days of 100%. Then after that, the final block of 100% before my hen night, which is about 3 weeks before the wedding. So that gives me the block of 23f final 100% days.

I am an obsessive planner in all areas of my life, lol Thinking of it in smaller blocks of 100% stints is probably the way to go for me, I don't want to have full weeks breaks etc, but I luckily have special occasions/events roughly at 4 week intervals until the wedding, so hope this can keep me focused throughout. I plan to set goals for each block of time. Realistically I would love to lose 12-14lbs before my bday, then another 12-14lbs on my next block then the final amount before the wedding in the remaining 6 weeks.

This will roughly mean... around a stone for each run of days at 100%. If I lose 13lbs in my next run, then 12 in each afterwards this will put me at exactly 175lbs, which is my goal before the wedding.

I am going to enjoy my day, refresh for tomorrow on my 25 day countdown! x

It's good to have a plan around everything Tara because that's usually when people are able to get back on track. It's when things happen that are unplanned like snacking on things that things often go awry for some people. Like you I like to break things down into chunks. I've had 2 chunks so far and am on my 3rd chunk until Easter. Hopefully I will only have 1 more to go after Easter :).

Yeah I think this will help, not just to justify what I had today, but in the overall picture. I went to the carvery and had mostly mixed cabbage, turkey and beef, no fat. But did have a potato and a parsnip. Nothing over the top but did have gravy. I was full quite quickly and I don't feel bad at all. Now I am home, drinking as much water as possible, want to start flushing my system. Fresh start tomorrow on second chunk lol 25 days until bday trip. I respond well to planning and mini goals, so as I said previously, 1 stint down (29days) weight loss - 1st 7.5lbs. 2nd block my goal is 12-14lbs. I still hope to be into the 14s this week, if not by next, I originally wanted to be in that stone category by 8 weeks, so will be more than happy doing it between week 5 and 6!

I have no doubt about being able to get back on it. May be a rougher couple of days with ketosis etc, but I am prepared, I know what to expect and I know it will pass. Probably quicker this time round too.

So technically I am 1 quarter of the way through my S&S journey time wise and weight loss wise I am almost half way to my goal.

I appreciate the support on here and know that this is what will keep me going in round 2!! Bring it on :) and lets see those 14s!!!! xxx

Back