My slim and save wedding weight loss diary - From 242lbs to 185lbs for my big day!

That sounds like good choices for your meal Tara. Enough of what you wanted to make it enjoyable and feel that it was a treat but not so much that you blew the diet. That is probably how naturally slim people eat all the time. On the other hand I was the sort of person who ate as much as I could when it was an eat all you want type of thing. I remember eating from an enormous buffet in Las Vegas. It was obscene how much food I chucked down my throat then!

Be interesting to see how you fare tomorrow. You might not even be out of ketosis to be honest as it doesn't sound like you had a stack of carbs. I don't really have a problem with getting into ketosis but I know you did and hope that if you are slightly out you get back in with ease tomorrow.

Thanks BG, I am feeling ok now to be honest, for some reason I thought I would be feeling off balance, but didn't overdo it really. I have 3 relatively short work days then thurs/fri off so hope to be back into ketosis within 3 days, will grab some sticks from work to check. I hope I haven't come out of it, but am well prepared if I have. Thinking of doing a 25 day countdown for my next block too. The time has flown by really to be honest, this time I can countdown to trying on my dress too!

I don't usually eat too much on buffets here in the uk, usually only do one plate but do still eat quite a bit. But when I was in the US I ate so much, we went to ponderosa for breakfast and I've never seen so much food! It was like I had to try everything because I could, instead of just having what I needed!But we did so much walking around for the 2weeks that I came back around 5lbs lighter, depsite eating like a pig!

It is nice to indulge once in a while, but I was doing it far too often! I was satisfied having that little taste today, so now I know that I can do it when I am at goal. I don't need a huge plate full to feel satisfied!

Evening Tara :)

Glad to see you survived the carvery :D Great that you are chomping at the bit to get straight back on to it.Sounds like you were very controlled during the meal and knew exactly what you were going to have.....Mmmm cabbage i looove cabbage by the plateful but this diet has me windy enough(not telling OH i am having cottage pie with 200g of cabbage tomorrow ). :)

TMI I know but this diet has made me the opposite of windy :)

Haha aww, I have IBS so I am used to having tummy troubles, but this diet is either one extreme or the other for me lol Never the happy medium, but I am not so bothered about that really.

Raring to go again from tomorrow. Just guzzled lots more water and had to have a mealpack as had some ibuprofen for toothache.

xx

Hey Tara hope you enjoyed your meal and you are doing great on the weight loss!! I'm ready to get back on track but completely exhausted! xx

Awww it's made my day seeing you post on here again Janet!!! Nice one. Yeah did enjoy it thanks, but was careful. Have a clear plan in my mind now and ready to keep going and knuckle down!

How did it all go then>? and how have you been the past week? xxx

Bless you!! Did u miss me?! No idea how I have survived this week at all! Every time I do a show I say I must take time off work next time but never do lol. It was fun but I am not disclosing what I have eaten in the last 6 days on the grounds I will incriminate myself hee hee!!

Help me through the next couple of days getting back into it please!! xx

Of course I will, It's great that you're back. I may be out of ketosis but not sure yet, will test tomorrow at work. So we can help eachother battle through the rest of this week! x

This is me at around 16st 10lbs before I started s&s. This is my official start photo, I've added it to my album and plan to add more as I go along. Will add one this week sometime x

Attachments

• 380120_2946699114302_1466032808_33174474_1065602671_n.jpg
    380120_2946699114302_1466032808_33174474_1065602671_n.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 75
OMG Tara, I was just thinking I'd upload my 'start photo' but it's exactly the same dress!! I don't look half as good as you though x

Hahahaha omg! How weird! Yeah do it, and we can take after photos when the dresses are hanging off us! I tried it on again last week and it was loose on me! xx

Morning all, it's bloody freezing today, my hands feel like ice!

Feeling good this morning, no headache, etc I also weighed on the scales and weigh exactly the same as weigh in day on sat, so quite happy I didn't do much damage at the carvery!

Taking my caramel shake, spag bol and oatmeal to work today xxx

no headache for me yet - although its early days! have a good day! xx

Home from work now. Well I haven't had any 'getting into ketosis' symptoms but have the worst toothache! So that's been bugging me all day. I have only had two packs today so far too. Just don't feel hungry. I still have horrid taste in my mouth and cold hands and feet so think I'm not out of ketosis, but have brought a stick home with me to test later. Will have spag bol and mushrooms for tea and have my coffee and caramel shake later.

Apart from toothache I am feeling good, looked on my rotas today for the next month and seems like no time at all until my b-day trip. So 24 days counting down now until then!

Glad you feel ok today Tara, apart from the toothache (but you can't blame that on ketosis :)). The time always seems daunting when you first start but flies by when you look back.

Hahah no, sadly not down to ketosis, think this toothache is here to stay! Will get doc to write me a prescription tomorrow!

Yeah you're right there, the time does fly by, Day 31 today, and although I had a little treat with the carvery, I cannot believe that it's been this long! I didn't think I would last, but proved myself wrong! Yesterday I had little voices in my head saying, ooohh now you've tasted normal food you won't be able to do it and carry on, but I am fine today, and seems like no time at all until my b-day meal. For the two days before it, I will have two packs, and a slimming world red meal. Lots of vegs and lean meat. Then on my meal out, will have what I want, and then back on straight after. Don't want to give myself too much of a hard time getting back on it.

I luckily didn't weigh any more this am, but not expecting a huge loss this week, 2.5lbs would be nice, get me into the 14s!!! I am 14st 10 at work on docs scales lol

Yay, good news! :)

Back