My slim and save wedding weight loss diary - From 242lbs to 185lbs for my big day!

Yay that's great news Tara I'm glad your in ketosis as you did have a hard time getting in it during the first week

Good that you are still in ketosis Tara. Love the 'start' photo - very glam!!

Just off to bed now, really tired and toothache is doing my head in!

I have just been in a daze looking at my ticker thing. It seemed like yesterday that I was sitting here at over 17 stone, thinking, 'How the hell am I going to shift this weight before the wedding?' I just wanted to shift 50lbs in the first instance, that would get me into THE DRESS. I remember thinking, god I wish I was like some of these women, who only want to lose like 30lbs.

When I started S&S I set a higher goal for myself, already lost just over half a stone on slimming world, and seeing the remarkable results people had on vlcd's I thought what the hell, let's drop the full 67lbs needed to get to 175lbs. I remember thinking, bloody hell, 67 whole lbs, and although determined, I had huge doubt in my mind and fully expected to fall at the first hurdle like I've always done before.

Today I sit here, 30lbs down from when I started before xmas, looking at the ticker, almost half way to 175lbs! I'm now like those other girls with 30lbs until their goal, may not be an official healthy weight, but 175lbs for me is a big deal and means so much!

So 30 days down, 24 to go until my birthday. 14lbs to lose between now and then. Fingers crossed, locks on cupboards, Dr Pepper zero at the ready...

That's really fantastic Tara!!! Not the toothache lol the weight loss and your outlook!!

You seem to focused and determined it is lovely to read how positive you are :)

I wish you many many more losses let's see more of the pounds melt away :D

Thank you :) Heres to us all melting the pounds!

It's hard to put down, but for the first time in my life, I actually feel like my goal is achievable, and in the back of my mind, I know I will get there. I do feel focused and have the goal in sight. I had some really lovely compliments recently from my family, they'd realised how much weight i'd lost. My nana on mums side, I hadn't seen since xmas and she noticed immediately.

The little things, like, sitting in my office chair in my awful work uniform, feeling much less self conscious than before. Not walking through town feeling huge. I still have a long way to go, but really know I can do it. Like BG I just know that this is the plan for me, nothing else has ever worked.

Minimins is a lifesaver too and I love the fact that our little s&s community is getting bigger and bigger! x

I love the fact that our little s&s community is getting bigger and bigger! x

The community is getting bigger and bigger while we're all getting smaller and smaller :)

Well done and you have such a positive way of thinking which must not only help you toward your goal but also inspire the rest of us!
You are going to look amazing at your wedding!

Morning all,

STS on scales this morning, might be a STS week or small loss, but that's ok. I am not feeling too well today, toothache is still really bad, and have upset tum too. Working until 7 tonight too :-(

Just had some water, need to have something to eat sooner today so I can have some painkillers this morning. So might grab a bar in a bit. Considering ringing in sick, but we are short staffed this week, and cannot leave my colleague on her own running the office today!

Will take my spag bol and caramel shake to work with me today.

Let's hope the scales shift soon! xx

I'm sure you'll get a drop soon. Just have to be patient ;)

Have a good day Tara(bugger off toothache)!!

I have the dentist tomorrow for fillings so not looking forward to it :(

Well, today was good, managed 3litres of water. Work was rubbish as usual but went quite quickly. Had lemon bar for breakfast, spag bol for lunch and half caramel shake at 4ish, just had oatmeal and will have other half of shake before bed.

My tooth is killing me still, will prob have to get some antibiotics!

Really want to get out of the 15s this week!!! These scales best get moving! x

Well done on the water Tara. It is supposed to really help and I must say, I notice a huge improvement in my skin since I started drinking so much.

Really hope the scales are kind to you soon - you deserve it!

Thanks, I've been suffering with odd spots the past two years, goes hand in hand with my thryoid problem! I never had spots before. I thought my skin would improve on this diet with drinking so much water but not so far. Could take a few months though maybe.

Hoping for movement on the scales tomorrow! Would love to see a 14 this week! xx

All my friends seem to be having chinese tonight! bloody hell. One of them even sent me a bloody picture of hers! All my faves piled on this plate! Well I can say now, the thought of ordering one has been running through my mind for 20mins! But I am not giving in, I want the 14s more than I want chinese! 32 days done, and Day 2 of my second run at 100% down! 23 days to go until bday trip, I want 14lbs off by then so I am bordering on the 13s!!!

Greasy horrible chinese, just think of the effects on your waistline and your skin! Stay strong, you are doing brilliantly. You will be the one laughing when you look terrific walking down the aisle!

Yeah, thanks Alison!

It's 16 weeks until the wedding now, and the time is really flying by. 4 weeks on this diet so far and just 4 times that and the wedding is here! Yeah don't need the greasy chinese meal! Really gunning for these 14s now! It's been so long since I was in them! x

Tara I had some Chinese last week and could hardly eat any of it!!! Sooo not worth it so avert your eyes!!! xxx

Fancy sending you a pic :( Grrr some ppl lol you should have sent a pic of your shake back and said my dinner hint hint!!!!

You can resist it just isn't worth the hassle for 10 maybe 15 mins of greasy crap lol besides your doing brill :)

Hey everyone, just thought I'd pop on to say hello and let everyone know I didn't have chinese, or any food for that matter. Just popped lovefilm on and watched a film.

Only had two packs today as I was at a training course with nowhere to make my poducts! I had oatmeal for breakfast and then had my bar for lunch while I was there. Starving now!! lol Have bought some giant mushrooms so steaming one now then going to make up my chilli thick and stuff it in the mushroom and finish off in the oven for a few mins.

Will have last pack around 9ish, prob will be spag bol to be honest as I've ordered with having both spag bol and chilli everyday, so have lots to eat!

Hope everyone is having a good day anyway. Now looking at 22days to go until bday trip! Scales sts again, stupid scales. But I am ok, I took out my tape measure and I am down almost another inch on my waist! Will post my new measurements on weigh day, have to dig out the old ones and the ones I posted on here the other week.

Can't believe it's half way through week 5! Bloody hell x

Right, not a huge difference, but this is the change from 16st 10 to 15st 2. So 22lbs difference between the photos. Thought I'd try and wear the same outfit to show the best weight loss, couldn't put the blazer on as it is now way too big! xx

Attachments

• weight loss 30lbs.jpg
    weight loss 30lbs.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 95
Back