My slim and save wedding weight loss diary - From 242lbs to 185lbs for my big day!

Thanks guys. Yeah was just concerned because my goal is 175lbs which I think is fairly achievable. But that's right up until the wedding day, so was just worried that if I have the dress fitted 8 weeks before, it will be too big when the time comes if I carry on losing, as could be another 10lbs + down.

I hope to be around 200lbs by my bday, then I have 25 to go. I think I will have my fitting in march still, and if it fits how it should then I will have a word with the seamstress. The laces where done up quite tight today, as in they weren't gaping open at the back like I was expecting them to, so I kind of expect it will need taking in. We will just see how it goes. Depends where I lose the weight from I guess! I do have a little bit off my middle back to lose which will make the shape of the dress smoother! Though I was pleasantly suprised by how it looked today to be honest, but I was just fixated with my arms, neck, shoulders and chin, I looked the same as before to me, my sis said there was a huge difference and took a photo of me, but all I see is Arms! Fat face!

My concentration now is to move steadily towards goal and introduce more exercise as really want to tone up and hope this will help with the arms. Thanks for the advice everyone! xxx

Just saw your pic tara well done I can really notice a difference! And if the blazer is too big then that must feel great! Can't wait for my clothes to be too big lol. Who's the person on cd pictures you refer too I was gonna look on there but so many will take hours to get thro them xx

Good luck for your weigh in :)

Just saw your pic tara well done I can really notice a difference! And if the blazer is too big then that must feel great! Can't wait for my clothes to be too big lol. Who's the person on cd pictures you refer too I was gonna look on there but so many will take hours to get thro them xx

Her username is skatie, but I don't think shes goe photo albums. Shes posted on page 5 of the main before and after photos forum, on the sticky at the top that says fao CD dieters. She looks amazing. I have no idea if shes kept it off or anything because it was a couple of years ago she posted her pics, but omg, it just proves these diets do work x

Ok, so weigh in this morning...

-4lbs this week! Very happy with that! This takes me to 14st 12 on my scales at home! I did my bodyfat and I wish I'd have done it before but its now 32% I know it was much more than this when I started, but can't for the life of me remember! Will monitor it from now on though.

So that takes me to 208lbs, just 8.5lbs to get out of the 200s for good!!! And now I am in the 14s it feels great! Was a short stay in the 15s. My visit to the 14s will be longer I am sure, but happy to be so far away from the 16s now! I am now just over half way to goal too! Whoop!

Last edited:
Well done that's fab :) you can really see the difference in your photo. I bet it feels amazing to be in the 14s x

Yeah it does, I am really chuffed! It would have taken me right up until the wedding to get to this weight on slimming world, because I wouldn't have been 100% most days, fallen off the wagon so many times on sw! My goal was to be around 203lbs by my birthday trip and I now only have 5lbs to reach that target and 19days!

Wow you can more than do that I reckon :) I'm the same I would of done slimming world or weight watchers and not lost half of what I have on this plan. I love it :) never thought had the will power.. But I guess we can all do more than we imagine we
Can.

Well done Tara you've done amazing. It seems like 5 minutes ago that you said you'd just hit the 15s and now you're going to whizz through the 14s. You'll easily be under 200lbs for your birthday I bet. It feels really good to write a number 1 in that current weight box, replacing the 2 forever :)

Thanks BG! I know, I was chuffed to get down into the 15s and seems like yesterday! It's going so quickly! Heres to counting these last pounds of the 200s down! xx

Well thought I would ping pronuptia an email about the dress. they said I could still lose another few inches and my dress will still fit ok, they said anything beyond that it would probably need taking it, but they said that they can take it in by two sizes without having to take it apart. I am not sure how they do it but think it's at the side seams. I have some detail on one side, beadwork that goes round the front and back from there, they said it wouldn't be noticable if it had to change. Fingers crossed I don't need it altering, I have this awful idea in my head that it will look weird, or come apart lol!

They also said I can leave it until 4 weeks before because I am losing weight, so yay! xx

Well that is good news Tara....just you keep going until you are happy with your losses, just replied on another diary about your total losses cannot believe you have lost 25.5lbs in 5 weeks that is super!!! Such a boost for you, if you can do that in 5 weeks what could you do if you stayed on this diet longer:D

This diet makes things possible with will and determination and as L2L says "stubborness":cool:

I for one cannot wait to see this dress on you and the transformation :)

Thanks so much, I am determined to get to goal. I still have issues with my arms and shoulders but hopefully they will shrink down with the last 33lbs! I also am going to up my exercise to 5 days a week, 30mins cross trainer and 10mins of toning exercises too.

I actually thought my body looked quite good in the dress. Even though there was a hint of tummy podge! lol I really want to concentrate on getting to 200lbs now. Next big milestone! xx

Having the fitting 4 weeks before sounds great :). You'll just be 'smoothing' and getting rid of lumps and bumps in the last 4 weeks I think. It's a pity you can't post the wedding dress fitting photos so we can see your progress but I guess it's not the done thing ;) :). You'll have to do it post the wedding. Do you have a photo of the first time you ordered the dress pre diet as the starting point? If you have I bet you can see a huge difference from then to now.

Back