My slim and save wedding weight loss diary - From 242lbs to 185lbs for my big day!

Hi, 2st 4.5lbs in 7 weeks (Though that's counting the 2lbs this morning too)

It would have taken me 6 months on slimming world, ad I really don't even think I would have got there! x

That's great how long til you try your wedding dress on?

Bet that dress needs taking in :)

I tried it 2 weeks ago and it fits me, I couldn't believe it when I got it on! I could still lose another 1.5stone and it will still fit, but will prob have to be taken in! x

Well done Tara, your a true inspiration.
I hady niece yesterday too, they do keep you busy she is 18 months.
I have everything crossed that you get out of the 200's this week and onto the 100's. It seems like time on SS is flying by.

Yeah I agree with you there, it does really fly by! Cannot believe we are in march now already! I am so happy that I decided to go on this diet, also if it hadn't of been for these forums I would have never even heard of S&S!

xx

My goal of 175lbs is still overweight for my height etc, but I look quite slim-ish at this weight and think anything below that before the wedding is a huge bonus! I think I would like to go back on S&S after the honeymoon and maybe lose another stone or so.

It is weird though, I still feel the same size I was, I have the odd moment where I think yeah I look slimmer than before, but overall my head is still 'I'm 17stone'. I will post some more photos this week when we go to lincoln for my bday, will post me in my new outfit before I go. It's really nice to see progress in photos, makes you realise it yourself sometimes too, even if you can't tell when you look in the mirror. xx

PS. Also 16lbs to go to get into 'overweight BMI' and no longer in obese!

I take pics every 4 weeks and the last pics taken I look quite slim my 14 clothes are getting loose too but I don't feel that slim yet. Just used to being smaller.

Pics are great as they show us our progress that purselfs can't see.

Look forward to seeing the new pics

I can't wait until I am in the 13s! I am still wearing 16-18 clothing, and think that once I am in the 13s it will be more 16s and then 12s will be 14s.

I know I keep banging on about my arms, but they really are my problem area, don't get me wrong, I carry fat all over, but my arms, teamed up with broad shoulders and big chest make me look so much larger up top, and in a wedding dress, you have nowhere to hide! Can't wail for my arms to slim and neck area. It's weird, I carry little weight on my ribs and top of my back, it's just from the front around my shoulders. I do hope this goes, I keep having images in my head that I will just have the same massive arms lol x

I've had large arms and big boobs don't carry any around my ribs and I got most around my thighs hips belly bum.

But it will go my arms are getting quite small now collar bones sticking out and can see first few ribs under collar bones.

Boobs well I've gone from 38dd to 36dd but that will go down to around 34 c/b

Plus every time you lose weight it's more dramatic than the last pound as each time it's coming off a small body sp you will suddenly see a huge difference.

Oh my god the 100s are so close now! Say hi to Lincoln for me next weekend, that's where I grew up!!
It's funny how you say you don't feel much different, I don't think I will feel good until I'm less than 13 stone as that's where I was last August but everybody else says they can notice, I hope they wouldn't lie!! x

Thats reassuring. I sound similar to you build wise then, I have a smallish waist compared with hips and boobs. Large thighs and bum lol I was wearing a 38/40DD/E depending where bras where from, now my bra is 38DD roughly, just been tightening all the straps on my bras for now as the cup size hasn't altered that much to be honest. I don't have much back fat, but where my hips come into my waist I have a bit of podge just there in the middle on my sides, above and below that I don't have much fat, really want that middle podge to go as I am quite self conscious about that.

Haha here I am disecting every inch of my body again! But it's nice to know you are slimming noticeably in areas I feel I need to, makes me think that I will get there! x

Last edited:
Oh my god the 100s are so close now! Say hi to Lincoln for me next weekend, that's where I grew up!!
It's funny how you say you don't feel much different, I don't think I will feel good until I'm less than 13 stone as that's where I was last August but everybody else says they can notice, I hope they wouldn't lie!! x

Will do! I love Lincoln, such a lovely city. It's great to be bordering the 100s isn't it!! We will both be in them very soon!!

I think it will take me being in the 13s to really feel different too, and prob more nearer the lighter end of the 13s. x

Have to laugh how we all examine every single centimetre of ourselves now. I am an apple, a couple of stones ago I described myself as an egg on legs. I too have the same size chest as you Tara, and I want it to go DOWN. Just think, one more month and what will we choose to dissect then!

Yes we do sound same shape.

My arms were so big I've stretch marks on the under sides of them.

Last time at target my arms and everything was tiny. I was size 10 in every shop.

I go into a size 12 at 11.12 or there abouts and the size 10 around 10.7

That next stone and a half you will see arms and shoulders and belly n legs disappearing that's where all mines came off lately

Have to laugh how we all examine every single centimetre of ourselves now. I am an apple, a couple of stones ago I described myself as an egg on legs. I too have the same size chest as you Tara, and I want it to go DOWN. Just think, one more month and what will we choose to dissect then!

Haha I know, it is funny, I always do it, I stand in the mirror and prod various parts of me! Thinking that feels different or that's not as lumpy! I do think having larger boobs can make you look bigger too, don't get me wrong I do like being curvy, but def need some serious shrinkage!

Yes we do sound same shape.

My arms were so big I've stretch marks on the under sides of them.

Last time at target my arms and everything was tiny. I was size 10 in every shop.

I go into a size 12 at 11.12 or there abouts and the size 10 around 10.7

That next stone and a half you will see arms and shoulders and belly n legs disappearing that's where all mines came off lately

I have faint stretch marks under my arms too, you can't see them much, but if you look really close you can, do you do any exercise to tone your arms? I carry all my arm weight on the backs, over my triceps, but I know that doing tricep dips won't make my arms smaller when they are still covered in fat lol

This next couple of stone will be interesting then! Can't wait.

One the other hand, very few of my clothes fit me now, I am down to just a couple of pairs of jeans, one pair of skinnys that still fit on my legs/bum but are gaping at the waist massively now, think I may have to go and buy a couple of cheap pairs to see me through! x

Love reading your diary Tara, always so interesting - I am thinking of all my body bits and where the extra fat lies as I am reading yours:D You are so close to the 100s I am really happy for you:D

No not started the exercise yet and weights coming off my arms nicely.

I'm hoping my boobs get smaller soon as there's a fair amount of weight on them.

It takes time after we have got to goal for the skin to shrink back and exercise won't do that.

I am slightly worried about my skin and how it will look, particularly on the arms, but to be honest, now being almost 2.5stone down I can't see that my arms/tum or anything is looking like empty skin, the tops of my legs need a little help! But my arms look the same really, but I am not a good judge of my arms, my mum tells me I won't notice as much as her/others because I always pick about my arms and they are my worst body area. She has a point but I still know they are big! x

Back