My slim and save wedding weight loss diary - From 242lbs to 185lbs for my big day!

It's odd, I didn't have any breaks but feeling exactly like you today... like I could gnaw my own arm off.... I actually found myself in front of the fridge eating raw spinach! Now THAT is hungry!!! :p

You'll be back in ketosis in no time... but I do think as the weight starts to shift and feeling better and better about yourself with every week, that it may become difficult to be as strict.... I do think exercise is a great appetite suppresant.. I got off the bus a few stops early and tried a brisk walk to get rid of my hunger but just wasn't going anywhere... BG and I are under a bit of stress at the mo with jobs at risk so it was maybe just stress!!

Hang in there... post some more pics for us all... honeymoon? bridesmaids? venue? or send them as PM to us all if you don't want to risk some meanie spoiling your day :jelous:

Thats a good idea Jacqui. I will put some photos together and post them, our honeymoon destination, the bridesmaid dresses and our venue. Keeps me focused on what I want to achieve.

At certain points in the diet, within the first 8 weeks I had days where I felt so hungry, but they passed. So I know if I buckle down now it will pass eventually. May be a bit TMI but I just got showered and got out some nice underwear I bought last year, but it was too small. Now it fits and actually looks quite nice! Won't post any photos of that though haha! I had a good look in the mirror and analysed as usual, I am starting to feel better but can see the areas that will slim with more weight off.

I know I can get to goal, and even though it's hard going right now, I know it will be worth it, and I will regret it if I fall off the wagon. I'd rather face the hard work now and a few months down the line be happy to come to the end of another 8 weeks of hard work and be at my goal weight and much happier, than give up now, probably lose no more weight or gain and be a few months down the line wishing I just carried on with this.

I placed an order today to try some atkins bars, and some more wafers, I think I just need some variety.

Jacqui I sympathise with the job situation, I had to apply for my own job a few weeks ago, luckily I've secured it but it's a horrible process and hope it all goes well for you xx

Last edited:
Just catching up on ur diary. Love ur dress u looked lovely. Glad u had a good bday. I had a break at the weekend too so I know it's hard to get back into it but like u I actually feel relieved to be back on the packs. My scales went up 11lbs! Starting to come down now but it's a huge shock.

The important thing is just getting straight back on track, just keep telling yourself you've done it once so you know you can do it again. I am feeling so hungry, bit headachy etc But I had an awful first week, but it passed and the 8 weeks have just flown by, I never thought I would get past the first week let alone 8!

I was up 10lbs too at first, but the next morning it was 6lbs, now I am 3lbs away from where I was pre weekend break. It will come off again xx

Hope so. was just the initial shock! only 3.5 lbs away from my weight at last weigh in. So hopefully will be back to a sts by tue.

Ok, thanks to Jacquis lovely idea, I thought I'd post some wedding stuff on here, take my mind off being starving and eating my own arm. Also reminding me of the reason I am doing a vlcd.

We are going to the smokey mountains in Tennessee, USA. We are renting a cabin while we are there, I can't wait, I haven't been on holiday for almost 3 years now!

The bridesmaid dress photo is the wrong colour, my girls will be wearing a rich royal blue colour, its almost purple. Really lovely colour and they all look beautiful in the dresses.

Attachments

• honeymoon.jpg
    honeymoon.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 61
  • bridesmaid.jpg
    bridesmaid.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 69
  • venue.jpg
    venue.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 72
Thanks cupcake :) Can't wait, it's all very exciting!

The OH didn't hide the scales the other night like he planned so I have been hopping on them!

This morning though, please to say back at 199lbs so 1lb away from pre-break weight. Official new weigh in is monday now, so fingers crossed for a loss! Not bad considering I felt like I ate so much over the weekend and then went for a meal on tuesday for my bday! I am day 3/26 100% days now, I am feeling sooooo hungry, bit nauseous and have an upset tum. But feeling nowhere near as bad as I did when I first started S&S!

I have placed an order with LCM for some atkins bars to try and some choc wafers. I like to have 3 packs, multivit and the two wafers throughout the day, plus I enjoy the choc flavour, really feels like a treat! Never tried the atkins bars but looking forward to something new. Also will prob order some mac n cheese samples at some point too.

I have a job interview today at 3 so feeling a little nervous, always hated interviews, there are 3 people interviewing too :-S I am going to do some prep before I go so it's fresh in my mind! Fingers crossed I can make a good impression! x

So heres my progress from MVM. Good to see I am over half way to my goal size!

Attachments

• changes.jpg
    changes.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 71
Wow that is a big change in your body shape well done hun, how do i get them pictures xx

I tried that mvm site but I really couldn't figure out what to do? I'm not usually crap at that stuff, maybe the link wasn't working on my browser? What did you click on to do it? I want to play too!! x

Thanks Tara! Not sure why I couldn't get it to work yesterday. It's a bit fiddly on my phone and I don't want to do it on my work computer lol, people might think I'm making a fat little virtual friend! I'll have a play when I get home x

All went well at the job interview today, I was offered the job about an hour after the interview. So happy! I am ecstatic actually. Cannot wait to hand in my notice on monday! WWOOOOHHHOOOOO!! This is the start of good things now. I've been down for too long. I am ready to blitz off the rest of this weight too, 23lbs to go, 12 weeks until the wedding exactly. Got some new products arriving monday to add some variety.

Working 9-3 tomorrow and 10-3 sunday. So will be an easy couple of days on the diet. xxx

WOW

So much to comment on...

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS.. and hope some of your luck 'rubs' off on BG and myself!

Love, love, love the pics... although I think the underwear ones need to be going to FHM :D

OMG, the wedding venue is simply stunning and very classic... and as for the honeymoon.. I have been humming John Denver to myself after reading 'Smokey Mountains'!! Looks wonderful and such an unusual destination...

What a boost today will be for you... nice when it all starts coming together, isn't it?!

Hi Jacqui,

Thanks for the lovely compliments! It is nice when things start coming together yeah, we've had a bit of bad luck and things are turning around now. Just keeping fingers crossed now my OH will find a job soon as he's now officially a civvy and out of the Navy!

We love the venue too and it was a back up, we just phoned on the off chance one day and the owner said to pop down, they were prepping for an indian wedding, it all looked so beautiful and it was a rainy grey day, even then the venue was amazing. So we booked there and then. My OH was banging on about how the bar prices were great and how the bar is 'a decent size' thats sailors for you!!!

I do feel so happy today! Feel like a new lease of life has begun. Sounds so over the top doesn't it! I really hope to just be at 198lbs again by monday and then get this last 23lbs off sharpish! I think I will wait for another 10lbs and will go and try my dress on again too! xxx

Congrats on the new job Tara! Make sure they put the offer to you in writing before you hand your notice in. Seen people burned by that in the past. Fingers crossed for your OH!

Oh wow a new job! That's such great news! Kiss goodbye to all the stress and worry from your current job and say hello to a new chapter in your life!
I do agree with BG though, don't say anything to anyone until you have that contract, just in case.
Hopefully you're back in the big K now and ready to jump into the 13s at any moment :) xx

Hey,

Yeah thanks guys, I have my offer letter emailed and ready to sign and send back! Keeping my fingers crossed for monday and being hopefully back to 198lbs, STS today. Stuck at 199lbs at the min. Can't wait to get into the 13s! Hoping for this week, would love to coast through the 190s! Then my goal doesn't seem that far away. I think I am going to stay on s&s until the week of the wedding, so extending it a little, just to make up for the fact that you gain a little coming out of ketosis etc.

Off to get ready for work now, this will hopefully be my last working weekend! x

Giving up working weekends will make a massive difference, I am really chuffed for you!
Just seen the wedding pics too, the venue is beautiful! It's all getting so close now. It will be fantastic for the guests who haven't seen you for a while to see how well you've done. If you weren't the one in the big white dress they wouldn't recognise you!! x

Came into work this morning and the manager has messed some appointments up, this is the type of thing I won't miss. It's a daily occurance really, that something hasn't been done properly.

I am just drafting my resignation letter. Being as someone may be losing their job as the company want redundancies I may be able to save someone from that fate by handing in my notice. Let's hope so anyway!

The scales at work say 13st 12lbs, but I know at home they still say the same! x

Back