My slim and save wedding weight loss diary - From 242lbs to 185lbs for my big day!

how long you still got at your job then tarra???
can see you are back on to doing so well, i will have to try those wafers i havent bought them before,
have a good day .

In such a bad mood today. Been majorly let down by so called mates. I arranged my hen night budget 1 year in advance, I chopped loads out of it recently due to money probs and then we finally booked it in jan. Now all of a sudden they are saying they are worrying about money, one said she cant go because she wants to spend the weekend with her sis before she goes on a working holiday. One is saying its her anniversary with her bf the week after and doesn't wanna spend money on my hen night. It's been arranged for a year almost!

I am livid and have cancelled it all, fed up.

On a plus side, I am starting new job 16th april. And s&s is going well. Enjoyed my atkins bar today too. Haven't weighed as my OH has hidden the scales. So eager for weigh in on monday. x

Oh no that's sucky, I know how disappointing it can be when people start to drop out :( shame you had to cancel it all though, will you plan something else instead? What were you doing before?
Well done on sticking to plan over all the stress though, fingers crossed for Monday x

Awww that's really crappy hun :-(. Well don't let it get to you as your doing so brill :)

Loopeylou said:
Oh sweetie that's awful, can't stand it when I'm let down especially by so many do can only imagine how disappointed you are.
We'll have to have a cyber hen party for you (((big hugs)))
Huge congrats for sticking to plan xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Love the idea of a cyber hen party!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thanks guys, haha cyber hen party!

We had a night in manchester, spa hotel, 3 course meal at tiger tiger, vip entry and our own decorated booth with free cocktails and cupcakes. Breakfast the next day and train tickets there and back, all for £99. Our budget was £200, I got this organised and asked everyone they said yes, book it. And now all this. I don't have time to arrange anything else, took me ages to get this one sorted, we are just concentrating on getting all the other bits for the wedding done now, need to get all the paperwork together and pay for things etc. Need a meeting with our venue to go over final numbers and menus etc.

I just had cinnamon cookie for tea. Just chilling out now, catching upon diaries and prob watch a film tonight. Got a shorter day at work tomorrow, only 8.5 hours instead of 10.5, yay! Then I am going to go on sunbeds after, as I haven't bloody got round to it yet, need to do it asap as I am going to have hair and make up trial fairly soon. x

aw tarra feel for you the same happened to me, i gave everyone notice to sve for a night away nothing special either then 1 by 1 they all started to drop out, even to put a fiver a week by would have done it the time i gave them, so 2 weeks before our wedding hubby took us off to crete for 2 weeks, we had a fab time and came back tanned and ready to get married, was great.
its great when all is done and you can relax and wait for the big day.

That's a shame Tara. Maybe you could still go for a meal in town with some of the girlies, or hit a local club?

Tara Teal, I've been reading your diary from start to finish over the last few days and am wowed by your steely determination!! What an inspiration you truly are!
You've had so many obstacles and unnecessary sh*t thrown your way that would've been a worthy excuse for anyone to pack it in and say "Scr*w this!" and head for old comforts.
But here you are, stronger than ever, carrying on regardless!
And you're just glowing in your night out pics in that lovely summery dress!
Amazing hun, keep it up. It's going to be so worth it on the best day of your life.
And, y'know, they say everything happens for a reason, so if you look at things that way in regards to the hen night disaster, maybe it's for the best in the grand scheme of things as you now haven't got the worry of the "will I, won't I be able to get back on plan" afterwards.
The cocktails and cupcakes can wait until the honeymoon! x

Hi Shivie!

Thank you so much for your lovely words! I never thought for one minute when I started I would get this far, I was reading other peoples diaries, thinking oh my god they've lost over 2 stone in a matter of weeks! I will never be able to do that, but I have and now it's just this last 23lbs to my goal! Hoping for a good loss this week too. Weigh in on monday before work!

It really is a wonderful plan if you can stick to it, this week I have had wafers instead of bars but today I had a bar and wafers, but put it into my fitness pal and it's not too bad. Just for quickness more than anything really.

I am popping to my mums tonight and have been on the sunbed after work for a few mins. Hope to build some nice colour for the wedding which is 11 weeks away today! x

Hi Tara what's your username on mfp there's a lot of us on there now. I seem to go on there more than here lately x

Hi Tara, yeah MFP is great, I've been on there more than here too. My username is 'Laurazeman' if you want a friend :)
Hope the sunbed is going well for you! I was lucky as we had really nice weather last year in the run up to the wedding, then I got stuck in hospital for a week and after 2 weeks recovery at home as I was nearly white as a sheet again haha!
Not long til youcan weigh in now, you'd better be ready to race me into those 180's!! x

I just started using MVP does it have forums too?

Hi everyone,

I rooted for the scales this morning and wish I hadn't of done! I got on them and I am 196lbs, a measley 2lbs since monday. Bit gutted as I thought I'd get a bigger loss with it being after a break. I still have two days I suppose!

I can't wait to get out of the 14s and also into the 180s. Laura you have blitzed through the 190s! good for you hun! well done. Hope to be where you are very soon!

Think today I am going to have 4 packs, will have cinnamon cookie around 10ish me thinks, then caramel shake hot, spag bol then a bar.

We were going to get lots of wedding stuff done today as I only have these two days off in a block of 11 days. And the OH decided to bugger off out last night didn't he, without a key and came home hours after he said he'd be back. Douchebag. Anyway he's not in the good books today as I know he will be to hungover to do anything and he's just laying in bed furmenting.

I am going to the florist to change the flowers, changed my mind now lol Off to pick up all the invites soon too, today or tomorrow.

We have decided on a new plan for the hen night now. It's not glamourous but it's a cheaper night and more people can come. We are just going to hire a minibus and all have a meal at damons, then going to club hop in lincoln then come home. It will be 26th may now so will have an extra two weeks on s&s to shift a few more lbs hopefully. Can't wait to go shopping for a nice hen night outfit! (That will be covered in hen night tack i'm sure lol)

I hope for more scale movement soon, seeing 14st 0 today was annoying! x

2lb with 2 days to go is great sweetie, you have a tough few days emotionally which can disrupt how our bodies work too so be proud.
Good news about hen night, I'm sure your outfit will be stunning but yes then totally covered in hen night tack lol I had condoms, badges and knickers all over me lol
Hope you have a great day, make sure you make plenty of noise to wake your other half ;) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

2lb is great Tara, plus you've still another couple of days to go on plan. Who's to say you won't lose more!
Have a great weekend xx

You'll lose more by Monday for sure Tara, and be rewarded with the next number on the scales. And I agree with others, make sure you make lots of noise to p**s the OH off :).

I gave him what for when he stumbled out of bed. Then we decided it was such a lovely day so drove to louth and had a good walk around hubbards hills. Then we went to see the hunger games at the cinema, it was pretty good. Took choc wafer and Dr pepper with me.

I am going to my dads today, they keep inviting us for dinner and I have said no every time. But we are going today, my OH will have the cooked dinner and I will take a pack and just have some of the veg with it.

I have been rewarded with a 13 on the scales this morning. I don't officially weigh in until tomorrow but today it said 13st 12lbs. yay! Will see what tomorrow brings, would be nice to have another lb by then! Feeling very positive now, going to have my first pack soon, will have a cinnamon cookie for breakfast me thinks.

Have a nice day everyone! xx

Back