My slim and save wedding weight loss diary - From 242lbs to 185lbs for my big day!

Thanks! :D

I have got a bit of a poorly tum today and I am working 9-6.30 :( TMI but been to the loo twice this morning already! I am aiming to get to 188lbs this week, we are going over to bridlington saturday night and staying until monday afternoon, My OH mum is opening up a pub so we are going to help her out and get it all nice and clean. I will be taking my packs with me too. Really want to get out the 190s this week, been in them far too long. I found a post in the success threads yesterday. It was from november when I started slimming world. I commented on how well someone had done and said that I would like to get down to the 170-180s beforfe my wedding, well here I am sitting at 191lbs, not that far away! Never thought I would do it. Last month I didn't lose much weight, it was -5lbs overall, but I did have a couple of bad weeks and didn't stick 100% at all. This month I have stuck and haven't been rewarded with much loss to be honest, but the scales are making a move again now, let's hope it carries on!

x

Tara

Just sending you positive vibes for some good results this month.

Thanks I need it, really considering throwing in the towel, just so badly wanna see the 180s, and I've not been rewarded, TOTM has hit early too, and I feel so bloated again. I have 4 weeks and 2 days until the wedding, and still have over a stone to lose to be at goal. Right now I'd settle for lower end of the 180s, because I am just sticking at the same weight! I had a decent loss last week, but a +1 this week, will keep tickers at the same, as I am sure TOTM has something to do with it. I am going back to just packs for the rest of this week to see if it shifts anything before monday, then I have two weeks until the hen do. Just going back to basics I think, not adding tuna or egg in as I've had the odd bowl of tuna and cucumber with a boiled egg.

Just feeling a bit rotten at the mo, banging head, TOTM is extra painful and have an upset tum :-( Only a short shift at work today though! x

Oh sweetie your really going through the mill at the moment, whatever happens over the next fews weeks you are going to look absolutely stunning ;)
Maybe the stress of the oncoming wedding isn't helping hun and the pressure your putting yourself under to achieve your goal ((hugs))

Just go back to basics, concentrate on the wedding and whatever the scales read will be a bonus............easier said than done I know xxx

Thanks, I will stick with it, as long as I can, I just really want to be in the 170s for my wedding, then I would be where I originally set my goal. 175 would be great but it doesn't look possible right now with all the STS. I've been in the 13s far too long! x

It's healing to read your diary. I've read a good few diaries and it's almost like reading a novel. I feel like I know you girls! You've done so well! Hope the wedding day is amazing!

Thank you very much! I haven't done my best the last 6 weeks though, recently been 100% though and scales aren't playing ball, but have lost some inches, so maybe all is not lost. Gunning for the 170s for the wedding, not fat until the 180s, hoping by friday I will by safely within them! xx

Good luck for the rest of this week - and have a lovely time!

If ANYONE can reach their goal it's YOU Tara!! Just take it day by day hun, you won't have a moment to think about food indulgences
as the next few weeks will be a whirlwind of activity leading up to your BIG DAY!
Try varying your eating times over the next week if possible, I found I had better scale losses on weeks where I had say my first meal pack in the middle of the day then a meal & a shake (made into a mousse like a dessert) together when I got home. Then maybe having porridge & a shake close together the following day. Weird I know, but it mixes up the food routine a bit so less plateauing.
I'm rooting for ya sweetie, you're a star! x

Thanks so much!! I am determined, really upped my exercise recently too. I am doing 30 mins a day most days on the cross trainer, and 3 days per week toning exercises. I ache today! Drinking lots of water and varying my food. Today I am having porridge around 9 before work, then spag bol for lunch, then porridge for tea. Having a muller yoghurt too with dinner. Since mixing it up a little the scales are moving again. Back at 191lbs now so the 180s are close! Wedding is three weeks tomorrow, and my hen is next weekend. I am hoping to be in the 170s for the wedding day. 21 days and counting! eeek!

You can DO IT!!!!! xxx

21days! You must be so excited! Woohoo! You are doing great!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi Tara just sat for an hour reading your posts, I'm starting s&s as soon as my packs arrive and your posts have made me very hopeful and inspired! Well done you've done brilliant!

!89lbs on the scales. Hen night this sat though, so could all go horribly wrong. Mixing slim and save packs with ordinary food and upping my cals and exercise is working. My body seems to like it, have more energy too. xx

Yayyy go Tara GO!!

Go girl!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

So I have revised my goal and set it back to it's original, I wanted 182lbs, this is where I am setting my target for the wedding. I have the hen do this weekend, so having a nice meal and drinks. This will set me back a little I think. I am going over to brid for the jubilee weekend and staying in b&b. So going to resist the free breaky! My OH's mum has a pub over there so I can make my packs there. Just have to stay away from the booze! It will be so close to the wedding and I don't wanna ruing my weight loss and break out in spots!!

Did the wedding centrepieces last night, so that's another thing checked off the list! Just waiting on the massive bill from the venue haha! I have worked it out down to the penny on the pricing he gave us, so if it comes back anything over what I have worked out, there will be a phone call to make! I know how these wedding venues can be.

I have the hair and makeup trial rebooked for 5th june too, so looking forward to that a few days before the wedding.

I don't have any lemon bars which I miss, I have a box full of products but wish I could just have a bar sometimes! found it easier when I could just grab one on the go. I have been having tuna, and the odd muller light yoghurt. The scales are moving so that's the important thing!

Hmmm Hen do has put a halt on progress, feel very bloated and puffy from the carbs! It's weird, but 6lbs coming out of ketosis and a bit of water weight makes such a difference to the size of my body! My jeans feel tighter, and my legs look huge! I have shed 3lbs of the gain so far though so will be back on track soon. x

Hope you've plenty of fond memories hun! You'll get those "fun pounds" off in no time at all x

Back