My slim and save wedding weight loss diary - From 242lbs to 185lbs for my big day!

Wow you look so beautiful!! Massive congratulations and well done :) xxx

You look amazing! Lovin the colour of the bridesmaids dresses as well.. Your dresses stunning and wow those shoes! We're they very high heels?
Fab pics, looks like a brilliant day all round.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

You looked lovely Tara, and it was so worth sticking with the diet. The good thing about continuing to diet now is that you are fully in diet mode so it should be relatively easy to step up to a higher calorie allowance. Would love to see some photos of the honeymoon too.

Oh tara you look amazing :) you did so well to lose all that weight looks like u had a fab day. May you have a long and lasting happy marriage :) btw I love the blue bridesmaids dresses just gorgeous x

I am pretty sure all the milkshakes had alot to do with the weight gain haha, we were eating 2 meals a day on average, having huge breakfasts and lasting all day, then an evening meal, usually 2 courses. Then snacks at the cabin on an evening, we found a great winery there and had some of their lovely wine of an evening in the hot tub too! We indulged so much, hubby put on 20lbs and I put on 16lbs all in all. Bloody hell! We really enjoyed in, but now I am dealing with looking and feeling a fair big larger than before and none of my clothes fitting right! x

The honeymoon scenery looks amazing! My type of place. I didn't think that the milkshake looked like a S&S one ;). I'm sure you'll get the weight off pretty quickly tho. Half a stone of that will be out of ketosis water weight so it's not quite as bad as it sounds. If you use the S&S packs and add some other foods to make up to the 1000 calories, and use MFP to keep around 60g of carbs you'll get back into ketosis and get those extra pounds off very soon. The main thing though is that you enjoyed yourself. You'll soon get back on track xx

Truly lovely pics from your big day Tara! That hard work paid off cos you looked gorgeous. Welcome back x

You look stunning and your honeymoon looked amazing! I'm sure those 16lbs will be gone in no time, you've already done so well I'm sure you can get rid of those lbs!

you look totally stunning and your dress is just amazing!

im sure you will lose the extra weight in next few weeks

after im married we are just staying at hotel for 2 nights and i expect ill gain about 2 stone lol

I agree with everyone else you look absolutely beautiful!! Looks like you had an amazing time The dress is out of this world love everything about it !!

Bet you'd dead chuffed and you'll have any excess lbs off in no time wouldn't worry about that too much :)

You look so beautiful. And BG's wise advise will have you shimmying those svelte hips again very soon.

Loved the pictures. You looked amazing! and so slim! welcome back x

Great pics! You looked amazing in your dress - you really deserved to look that great after the journey to get to the size you wanted for the big day! Honeymoon setting looks wonderfully relaxing! You know that you can get the extra pounds off again and you now have the incentive of the clothes you have that are feeling a bit tighter. 16lbs isnt a lot for someone who has been as motivated and as motivational as you!

Thanks lovely ladies! Couldn't have done it without you all, you kept me going as well as inspiring me to start with!

My next goal is to be a fit size 12 for xmas. We are planning a hot relaxing holiday in march after Danes sisters wedding, so I would like to be one the the girls wearing the little shorts, and a swimsuit without shorts and feeling fat.

This is where the hard work really begins. I plan to alternate between 1000/1200 cals and then have an all pack day, keeping it varied but limiting carbs and cals. The days I consume more I plan to exercise a fair bit on. I am starting officially monday, but have been watching what I've eaten this week and lost 6lbs of my holiday gain :) I won't be on here as much but will keep everyone posted on my progress and hope to post slim xmas pics. Would love to get there sooner but I am happy to take my time now xx

Ok... so back at 195lbs after gaining 16lbs on honeymoon! bahaha

My new goal is 154lbs for march next year, I plan to take the scenic route, but it is still 41lbs to lose between now and then, which is alot of weight.

I plan to exercise much more losing this 40lbs as toning will be vital! I am doing S&S again to try and give myself a post honeymoon weight loss boost! I haven't had my first pack yet today but will very soon, Choc shake I think first. When I think how quickly I managed to lose 40lbs before it is almost hard to believe I did that, I know I have it in me, and I know I can get to my goal. Bad habits have crept in after the honeymoon, and I find myself craving junk, but I want slim more. I don't have my wedding to slim for now, but I have my friends wedding in 2 weeks, and then my sister in laws in march and then we go away on holiday again.

I will continue with S&S but don't see me following it in the long run. I plan to just see how I get along.

xx

Hey sweetie, I've been back on it a week but it doesn't feel right now for many reasons.
Works tough, hubbie had a hypo and recommended to come off it, wanting to eat good healthy food with my family ... Could go on.
I've still stuck with it and dropped 11.25 of 20 gain but again 20 gain was just not what I expected. Worried the "after" effects it will have on my body now.
Seriously considering swapping to SW or WW for the scenic route now, over 4 1/2 stone down now and know I don't want to be back there again..... Tough decisions

Good luck hunni xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I agree with you Claire, well done 4.5 stone is amazing.

I loved s&s at first, the weight was dropping right off, I felt good.

Now though is very different, I am still carrying an extra stone from my lowest weight, from honeymoon gain! Which I too was shocked at as we did alot of exercise really. I also am losing massive amounts of hair, which I am very concerned about, so much so that I have a teeny bald spot near the side of my hairline, not happy. I keep thinking about the amount of weight I can lose quickly if I went back on it again, say for a couple of months, but will that be followed by a gain of a stone when I eat again? Just from reintroducing carbs? I don't want that...

I know I can survive on under 600cals per day, I know I can survive without pizzas, chocolate, roast dinners and all the other bad things I enjoy eating. I've proved to myself that I can do it, we all can here. We've all lost so much weight and should be proud, but I think there comes a time for every vlcd'er when they should switch over to eating a healthy diet, mix in carbs again, getting lots of fruit and veg and exercise too. My concern was that despite losing weight I was feeling flabby, not as firm as I once was, I couldn't exercise the way I needed to on VLCD.

In my opinion it is a great way to lose weight, but I am going to use it more strictly to get back down to the wedding weight I was, 13st 7lbs, Then after that I plan to lose the rest by healthy eating and restricting carbs and cals along with upping my exercise, I think this will teach me to take better care of myself after the weight loss is done with.

I hope you can find something to suit you Claire, and I think it's important we all keep everyone updated, it really does help when we are trying to lose weight, I never realised how far a little support from people in the same situation could go! xxx

Back