My story warts n all....I've started

Oooooo getting ever closer to your trip FF. I love seeing the clothes out on the line I got so excited with the nice few days we've just had everything that can be washed was and same as you even the dog blankets and bedding got it too lol.

Nothing better than slipping into a nice clean bed either mmmm.
Still haven't tried making the crisps (need to look back to see how! lol) got Thai chicken tonight so not going to waste that on crisps :p

Good luck with weigh-in and safe journey xx

Well done FF!!! Way to go :0) Fantastic result! Much better than my cr@p effort lol!!

Your doing brilliantly....

Jo x

Well done FF. Have a safe journey xx

I am just having a little chill out and a glass of fizz before I have a lovely cool refreshing shower. It's still 38 degrees here and so hot, seems strange to be planning which jeans and sweaters I will be packing tomorrow, when I am sat in a pair of linen 3/4 length trousers and vest t-shirt.
All the tomatoes are now preserved and I have been baking to use up some food that would otherwise be wasted, so now got a packed meal done for hubby for tomorrow eve, saves finding him somewhere to eat.

DH has been a little gem and found a small stainless steel flask that he says I can take boiling water in and then when I am ready for my soup just put the powder in and shake (sounds like a bit of a workout to me lol). He's also dug out a huge flask he will fill with black coffee for us both. He's a real gem as he wants to make sure that I won't experience any obstacles on the journey.
We have a 6 hour drive to Caen from our house; then we are doing the overnight ferry crossing which is 7/8 hours (but we have got a cabin and ensuite so will go to bed and then be able to shower in morning). Then roughly a 5 hour drive in UK from Portsmouth to Manchester. So we will be on the road a good while, but as I've already said DH wants it to be as easy as possible for me. The good thing about the french roads are there are plenty of rest areas with toilets so I should still be able to glugg a fair amount of water.

frenchfancy said:
I am just having a little chill out and a glass of fizz before I have a lovely cool refreshing shower. It's still 38 degrees here and so hot, seems strange to be planning which jeans and sweaters I will be packing tomorrow, when I am sat in a pair of linen 3/4 length trousers and vest t-shirt.
All the tomatoes are now preserved and I have been baking to use up some food that would otherwise be wasted, so now got a packed meal done for hubby for tomorrow eve, saves finding him somewhere to eat.

DH has been a little gem and found a small stainless steel flask that he says I can take boiling water in and then when I am ready for my soup just put the powder in and shake (sounds like a bit of a workout to me lol). He's also dug out a huge flask he will fill with black coffee for us both. He's a real gem as he wants to make sure that I won't experience any obstacles on the journey.
We have a 6 hour drive to Caen from our house; then we are doing the overnight ferry crossing which is 7/8 hours (but we have got a cabin and ensuite so will go to bed and then be able to shower in morning). Then roughly a 5 hour drive in UK from Portsmouth to Manchester. So we will be on the road a good while, but as I've already said DH wants it to be as easy as possible for me. The good thing about the french roads are there are plenty of rest areas with toilets so I should still be able to glugg a fair amount of water.

Careful with that hot water as if you mix the powder with boiling water it expands so if you have a lid on it it can explode leaving molten soup everywhere :( very painful

Careful with that hot water as if you mix the powder with boiling water it expands so if you have a lid on it it can explode leaving molten soup everywhere :( very painful

I was about to say the exact same thing, be careful xx

I will be super careful, honest girls; its ok as I did it when on LL, so long as the waters not boiling (which it wont be when its been in the flask for 5 hours) and every few shakes you let some steam out.

I am soooooooo excited I have just realised that I have reached one of my targets.....................I have managed to get my engagement ring on with my eternity ring and wedding ring. For the last year I have only been able to wear 2 of them at a time and not all 3 together. I am so happy. Now need to be able to cross my legs easily and sit like a lady for mini target 2 lol.

Now need to be able to cross my legs easily and sit like a lady for mini target 2 lol.

you are funny Debbie xx I long to be able to kneel down properly lol so with you on that one ... looking forward to my legs getting slimmer ... and being able to fit in my clothes again that I had from when I was alot slimmer xx:D

me funny? never, I just say it as it is lol.

The other thing I really want to be able to do, well 2 things really;
1 to be able to go in a public toilet cubicle and not have to wrestle with the door and lack of space.
2 to be able to sit on said public toilet without my bum/thighs touching the sanitary waste bins, OH how I hate public toilets; theres a lot of positive things to be said for the old french pissoirs lol.

Well today is the testing day where we pack up and set off for our uk road trip lol. I am usually well organised and packed but not this time, been too busy doing other stuff. So this morning like in 10 mins time we will be packing the dog and all her pills up to take to the kennels; then go clean the car as DH likes to start with a clean car with no flies stuck to it lol. 1 hour into the drive and you wont be able to tell he's done it, but he likes to do it.
Then once the dog is out from under our feet we can get our clothes packed etc.
I jumped on the scales again this morning as I will have to say goodbye to my scales till 16th. My mum does have scales but I dont know if they weigh different to mine so don't really want to be trusting hers. This is going to be a real cold turkey experience for me as I am a habitual weigher.
Right guys off for now and will catch up later. x

Have a lovely and safe trip, when you arrive in Portsmouth you'll be in my neck of the woods, give us a wave! ;)

Will you be able to keep your diary whilst you're away do you think? I find writing very cathartic, am going to start one today.

One of my mini goals is to be able to wear both my wedding and engagement rings together without them rubbing/cutting off my circulation as soon as i get a bit warm!! x

Have a lovely trip sweet!!!! Weather us quite nice here today but set to change this week :0(

J x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back