My story warts n all....I've started

Warning food mentioned in this post!

I'm loving the almost bony bits, just need a bit more covering removing from them lol.
I ordered my next 2 months Exante the other day and they tried to deliver it today while we were out shopping, so they left a card to say they will try again tomorrow, so will have to stay at home at least till it's been delivered.
I have done one of the fronts and sleeve for my silver shrug, so just got the same to do tomorrow and then sew it up. It does look so glitzy and fluffy, am sure the chooks will appreciate it lol.
I have bought all the stuff to make christmas cakes, so plan to weigh and soak the fruit tomorrow. I intend to make 4 small cakes rather than big ones and decorate each one differently. (cake making and decorating is my hobby and not done any for a few weeks to avoid the temptation). I will give a couple as gifts to friends and keep the other 2. Plus need to make xmas puds too. will have to make sure I have a huge glass of water at the side of me to be sipping from so I don't get tempted to start tasting :wave_cry:

I have had a serious rethink tonight about my weight and have decided to reset my goal weight at 12 stones instead of 11. I found it extremely difficult to maintain my weight at 11 stones when I got down to that before and kept my weight stable around 12 stones for a long time. With that in mind I want to have a life and be able to maintain my loss easily without feeling under constant pressure and not be able to eat anything, so have reset my ticker and stats to show that. I may decide once I have stabilised for a while to try to lose some more using a diet with food; but for the moment that is my new decision.

That sounds good FF - i am still trying to determine my goal. At the moment i have it set to 11st6 as that is a healthy bmi for my height. I'm tempted to stop there - the lightest i've ever been after dieting was 11st3 and i had real trouble maintaining that, although that was partly down to greed and post diet eating whatever i wanted! I'm going to try and reach my first goal, and then see how i feel and how clothes are fitting - i really don't want to be thin, just a nice size 14 would suit my frame nicely x

I think its so important to find a weight that you can maintain and be happy at. At 12 stone I was a size 14 and felt good (but thought I wanted to be a size 12, which was ok but I just couldn't maintain that weight and eat, anything).
I am 48 years old and 5'7 so a size 14 is something that I will be happy with.
I was naughty this morning and stepped on those scales again :eek: even tho I said I wouldn't; the good news is that they were showing that I was now in the 13 stones, so definately time to celebrate; so I think I will book myself in for an eyebrow reshape at the local beauticians; might even go for a top lip wax lol.

Apart from waiting for my Exante delivery and soaking all the fruit for christmas baking I want to go and buy some really nice chunky wool to knit a really trendy hat for myself. The winters here can be very cold but are usually shorter than the UK ones, but defo need all your thermals and wollies on, so better get them needles clicking so my head don't freeze.:eek:

I'm also 5"7 and i will always have boobs and a bum! Embrace the curves, i will never be a stick figure no matter how much i lose!

I did the exact same thing this week as a treat, had my eyebrows threaded and tinted (they look fab, makes such a difference to your face when they're neat and tidy!) and also top lip threaded - sadly the PCOS means i have much unwanted hair, thankfully no beard yet though ;)

Sometimes setting yourself a more realistic and maintainable goal is easier to get to as there is not as much pressure on yourself! Those cakes sound delish FF, enjoy making them and be very proud of yourself for resisting a nibble x

and also top lip threaded - sadly the PCOS means i have much unwanted hair, thankfully no beard yet though ;)

I have the same problem! Bloody PCOS, I just hope I don't end up with a beard lol x

I have always suffered with facial hair and as I get older there are more and more stronger hairs sprouting on my chin and top lip. So definately need to treat myself to a tidy up lol. Being in France everything shuts sunday, monday is also our towns closed day, so nothing open again and this next week Tuesday is a bank holiday, so shut. Wednesday morning is market so cannot go and they close wednesday afternoon as the morning is so busy with market lol. So the soonest I could go is next thursday. Having said that about things shutting, I wouldn't have it any other way. I love the slow laid back life here.

I have measured all my dried fruit out and it is now got to soak for 3 days in the brandy before making the cake.

This afternoon I have done more knitting and am really pleased with my progress. Have stopped my shrug to knit a new hat and also found some gorgeous wool that when knitted makes like a waterfall effect scarf. I have done the scarf and about a quarter way thru the hat. I love to be ready for the cold.
My Exante delivery has arrived and I have split it and organised it into smaller boxes. I really know I need to step up on my fluids but I just seem to be struggling so much with that at the moment. But I am still staying 100% so the weight has to come off even if a little slower.

Hi FF, awwww your poor dog getting stuck in the cat flap. Is she better now then? Did the vet change her medication?
I can relate to facial hair, I am plucking hairs off my chin daily, big thick black ones :(.
I haven't made my own Christmas cake and pud for years. I really enjoy knitting though. Baby stuff mostly 'cos it comes up quickly, I want to finish it before I've started almost hehe.
I enjoy reading your diary, the French way of life certainly sounds relaxing but you are always busy! Take it easy xx

Ali I love to be busy doing stuff. I was always worried when taking early retirement (at 45) that I would get bored so I made a point of making sure I had plenty to fill my days. Even when i am sitting watching TV, I am usually surfing the net finding new recipes, or researching something or other, polishing up my french , knitting or sewing. It's not often I sit and do nowt lol.

Elsa is just the same and vet will see her again in 3 weeks for another review, but they are doubting that we will ever be able to reduce her meds. Since the rain has stopped for last couple of days we have seen a slight improvement in her hips, but she has good and bad days, we just get on with it. We have set up a baby gate in the garage to keep Elsa away from the cat flap and it does appear to be working.

We are just taking a well earned lunch break at the moment as we are cutting the Laylandi hedge between us and our 92 year old neighbour. It is about 15 feet high and we are cutting it down to 6 feet so it is more managable for us both. We have been at it all morning and only done about a quarter of it so far, but think we will get the chain saw on it after lunch; that should be quicker than the petrol hedge trimmer as the stems are so thick.

Some friends called this morning wanting us to go to dinner and I said we would but only my dh would eat, she deiced that she would prefer to wait until I was eating as she would be uncomfortable if I didn't eat. This I do not understand as they are friends, not strangers. Hey Ho nowt as queer as folk eh?

We finished all the cutting of the hedges yesterday afternoon and cleared up in the neighbours garden, but not yet cleared our side. Hubby has now declared that Sundays are from now on to be a day of rest. So we are having a leasurely brekkie whilst dh watches match of the day and I am on here. (he records MofD, so he can flick thru the talking and just watch the footie lol). Then we are going to visit our friends up on the farm and see how our christmas dinner is growing and that is it!!!! Well no doubt I will do some knitting and be planning my next asda shopping delivery for November (yes we have a monthly delivery here as a lot of things are mega expensive over here and there are numerous delivery companies that bring stuff over).
Hopefully tomorrow will show a good weight loss and we may even get back into our routine of morning lake walks. It is bright and clear today but cool.
This tuesday is one of the bi-monthly coffee mornings for local women, where we meet in one of the cafes and put the world to rights and also we are going to see if anyone wants to start up any other sort of social group to be running during the winter when people tend to lock themselves away. Has anyone any ideas I can put forward.

Enjoy your Sundays FF :)

I think its a lovely idea that you and the local women meet up for a social gathering, I'm not sure what to suggest for the winter though, what about one for christmas preparations? To share gift idea's/latest bargains/drama's that happen around xmas time, could still meet at a coffee shop of some sort x

This afternoon has been mega stressful; so much for sunday chillaxin day! Our poor dog has had 4 epileptic fits; she had 3 in 25 mins so I gave her vallium to calm her, which did eventually work and she slept for an hour. Then she has had another one and is now sleeping this one off; we are on pins with every movement thinking she is going to have another one. I hate this illness, you feel so bloody helpless! Gonna stay strong and away from temptations and food as this is when i would want to stick my nose in food and inhale the lot! Sorry for whinging.

Awwww poor Elsa and poor you. You're not whingeing hun it must be hard to watch her suffering when she fits :(
You're being good to stay on track, be strong for her too. Hope she has a restful night, can she be seen by the vet sooner than they want?

Sorry to hear this FF, don't get too down about your loss, its still in the right direction. I hope things get better for you x

We have just got back from the vets and have had to have our beautiful girl put to sleep. The vet thought that she possibly had a brain tumour and that is why the disease progressed as rapidly and was so poorly controlled as it was. So with a very sad heart we decided to let her die with some dignity, which she did on my knee. So as I said before definately a **** day

So so sorry to hear your sad news FF. Bought a tear to my eye as I've enjoyed reading about her little antics, bless her heart.

You have got a lot to deal with today so please don't beat yourself up if you feel like today just isn't the day for Exante, do what you feel is best for you.

Thoughts are with you and your husband x x x

God bless Elsa, she won't be suffering any more.
You will remember the joys she brought and have comfort in knowing she had a fantastic home and life with you.
You won't look at the cat-flap the same again ;)

My thoughts are with you both xx

Back