My story warts n all....I've started

So so sorry about your awful news x It really is horrible when these things happen x Sending you my love and hugs x

thanks guys, we really have been thru the mill today but know we did the right thing. It's just that the whole place doesn't feel right. We originally said this morning that we would have a few months without a dog to grieve our girl; however this place is just crying out for the pitter patter of dogs paws and we have now said that we will never forget our special girl, but we will start looking for another dog in a few days or so. We rescued her and feel that another poor unfortunate should be given the chance she was. Some people may say it's too soon, but living in a place with so much land and when a lot of our time was spent with a dog it is just wrong to be without.
On the diet front, I have not cheated; not that I was intentionally being good, but I just have felt sick all day and have struggled to get my packs down.
I feel totally exhausted and think I could sleep for a week.

I'm new here, but just wanted to post to say sorry about your news. It's a complete individual choice about how quickly/slowly you get another dog and what a wonderful decision to rescue one :)

thanks Emma, we would only ever consider taking a rescue dog/puppy as the refuges over here are bursting at the seams and it seems wrong to leave all those poor unloved dogs in cages thru no fault of their own.

When we were in the UK I puppy walked for the guide dogs for the blind and loved the opportunity of giving those pups a great start in life. It seems such a shame that all these poor dogs in refuges don't get that chance.

I think its lovely and very selfless of you to offer another poor dog a wonderful home. The time is right when you feel it is right. I'm sure Elsa is having a ball wherever she is and no longer suffering x

Still finding it very difficult without our big girl and keep bursting into tears; my husband is exactly the same. We have been in touch with the charities and dog rescues tho now and they are actively looking for us.

I feel absolutely washed out and thought that I would sleep as so exhausted last night but it just didn't happen; maybe tonight?
We are trying to keep busy and hubby is busy cleaning and re-organising the gararge/workshop in preparation for our next rescue dog/pup. It does help to be busy, but little things spark us off.

I cant imagine how your feeling FF, my thoughts are with you both and I hope that the rescue charities find you a lovely pup to bring you some joy x x x

It's hard, the place is full of memories.
Hope your new dog brings as much joy to your home as Elsa did xx

We had a better night last night and have both managed to sleep, so don't feel quite like a zombie today. We cleared out the garage yesterday and put some big items up for sale like an electric woodburner type fire, leg magic exerciser and an electric treadmill. They were all just sat there collecting dust, so I put them up for sale on our local network over here and within an hour sold the treadmill and fire.

We also chose a young dog aged 10 months and called, of all names "Biscuit". We have a 4 hour roundtrip drive to collect him on Saturday, so all systems go for him. And today we are going to the rescue centre where we got Elsa from to view some puppies aged 4 weeks that just arrived yesterday; as we plan to have one of those but obviously won't be able to take her home for 4 weeks which will of course give Biscuit time to settle in.

We spent a good hour yesterday going thru our photos of Elsa and chose some lovely ones to put in the digi frame in our lounge so we can still see her beautiful face every day as she was such a special dog.

I am not going off to the market today, don't feel like seeing friends today and I don't really need much in the way of shopping so we can manage without me going.

We went to the rescue centre this morning and have picked a delightful little black girl puppy with grey feet and grey chest. Completely different from Elsa but very sweet and with character even at 4 weeks old. Mum was so placid and sweet which was good saying as she was a dumped dog.
So we are now racking our brains to think of a suitable name for her; so feel free to suggest names.

Awwwwwww FF, sorry haven't been around for a while!!! So so sorry to hear about Elsa :0( we lost our huge 12st Rescue Rottie Boy of 7 years last November to a brain tumour!

I never cried so much in my life for days..... It's only recently I can talk about him without crying (unless I've had wine).....

It does get easier....!

We too missed him sooooo much that a few months later I was the very proud owner of a Mini Pinscher x Chihuahua.....Complete contrast but same colours, I lost 2 Rotties to cancer and wasn't risking it again!

And now one became two with our rescue 5 month old teacup yorkie x chihuhua!

So here they are, Mr Baggins and Gizmo

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-4191869385.jpg
    image-4191869385.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 24
And I don't wanna make you cry, but this sums it up beautifully and is with our dogs urn, it helped a lot to think like this.....

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

They are both gorgeous FF!

You could call her Mittens/Mitzy as it looks like she has a pair on lol x

Too cute!!!!! I think Raider.......as it looks like she's raided the ice cream tub.......with both paws! ;0p

Back