My study of one

happy&healthy

Well here goes, Im starting a diary today. After trying various different forms of intermittent fasting I have decided on my own kinda mash up version. I know fasting works and I enjoy it, but I find it soooo hard to no eat 7000 calories in anticipation of fasting and Im a binger too, plus I find it soooo hard to stop at one biscuit etc.

So here is my plan

17.30 - dinner + dessert
Fast until 11.00 next day - 17 hours
11.00 Breakfast/lunch (no eating/snacking till dinner)

So I can eat what I like but am less likely to go mad with two meals as opposed to eating constantly (which is what I have been doing recently)

Right so I started on monday so Im going to perform my 'study of one' - they love that saying in diet books dont they :)

i also know my numbers so ill be able to see how they improve ie. BP,chol, body fat %

Good luck! There's a lot of people on here doing their own versions of various fasting diets. I find that even if I'm having a bad week and don't manage to fit all my fasts in , then doing something similar to what you plan to do is better than nothing. It always helps me to skip breakfast. I know that goes against all well known diet advice but it makes me hungry all day. Generally the longer I can leave it before I eat the better, and the less I eat strangely!

I like the sound of your plan so good luck with your first week.

Louise x

thanks louise :)

well last night was the first time I have really struggled on this plan but I got through it, and Im feeling more motivated today thankfully. I think this is going to be a long slow road but at least i suppose that's it for life then if I can get into a good routine I enjoy and then stick at if forever basically

Good luck xx I do a 5pm - 5pm fast and that way I can have dinner. I'm never bothered about food during the day so it works for me. I find if I eat breakfast it sets me off on an all day food fest.

Well the weekend was a disaster, there is no excuse really but what counts now is what happens next, do I continue in a food frenzy ignoring the scales or dust myself off and hop back on the wagon and carry on regardless - i choose the latter. I wish I had better will power I so want to be slim fit and healthy, i just cant seen to get a proper grip. Im tempted to do a vlcd for 8 weeks as a kick start but I know ill hate it, and then I tell myself if I can comteplate giving up food for 8 weeks why not just give up crap for 8 weeks, Id be healthier and happier and on the road to sucess. ohhhh i am so frustrating - honestly i drive myself nuts, dont know how hubby puts up with me :(

Wot Welshmamma said and you can eat a bit of crap on UD - I think most of us do and still lose. Win, win situation. I've had chocolate, take out chips, cake, biscuits, crisps and wine on UD's last week and still lost 13 lb. I think the 13lb is unusual tho - most seem to lose between 2 - 4 but what other plan can you lose and eat like that?. I lost 2 lb the first week. You can do it. :) It's hard at first but the DD's get easy.

thanks you for your replies, right Im going to give proper Juddd a proper go, im so scared of eating on UD or more likely never stopping eating. But I need to do this and realistically I need to make peace with food once and for all, so UD today (my sons 5th birthday) and DD tomorrow.

Back