My SW Baking Day !

Lynne2809

Hi, I was just wondering how many people have a baking day where they do loads of baking / cooking of SW dishes for the freezer. I usually have 1 at the start of the month after pay day.

Here is my list of dishes for my baking day at the weekend:

1) Tea fruit cake
2) Sweet potato chips / wedges
3) SW chips / wedges
4) Thai quorn curry
5) Beef & vegetable meatballs
6) Beef curry
7) Vegetable cottage pies
8) Turkey burgers
9) Vegetable canneloni
10) Lasagne
11) Tomato & vegetable pasta bake
12) Lamb meatballs
13) Lemon meringue pies
14) Chicken pie

This is so far, still have a few more days to add things to it.

Just makes my menu planning alot easier no matter what plan day I am on and there is never any problems with the family getting bored !:eatdrink051:

There is a SW recpie for chicken pie?! I need this!
That list looks lovely, I might have a baking bank holiday weekend now, you have inspired me! :D

Hi, here is the recipe for chicken cake, which is what I meant by chicken pie (was trying to type and feed my 4 month old daughter her bottle of milk at the same time). I got the recipe off BritMumInCanada,not sure if that is where it originated.:thankyou:

Here it is :

Ingredients
4 skinless chicken breasts
8 morrisons eat smart pork sausages
3 babybel lights
6 rashes of bacon

Method
1- spray some fry light in a square/rectangular oven proofdish
2-slice 2 chicken breasts in small slithers and layer the bottom of the dish.
3- remove the skin from the sausages (i just slid my knife along and skin came off easily)
4-break the sausagemeat up into little blobs and layer it over the chicken.
5-slice the babybel up small and lay randomly on top of the sausagemeat.
6-using a potatoe masher push the cheese into the sausagemeat.
7-slice the remaining 2 chicken breasts in slithers and place over the cheese/sausagemeat.
8-top with the bacon
9-cover with tin foil and cook at 200 for 2 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
10-half hour b4 cooked remove the tin foil. You will have water from the chicken pour this away and cook uncovered for 30 mins.

I used pork mince instead of sausages, as they don't do english style sausages here . When it was cooked I then sliced it, put it a casserole dish and added the syn free barbecue sauce recipe to it and then put it back in the oven for a bit. I served it with SW chips and a salad and it was yummy.

I say day but I think it may take me a weekend to get through all the list, even with me being a catering manager before 2 of my 3 kids came along.

That list looks fab! I used to do this quite a lot before SW and really should get back to it as it really helps when I am working all day and know I have something for the family that I can just add fresh veg/pasta/rice etc.

I used to make big batches of bolognaise sauce and chili con carne, really bulking them out with grated carrots and tomatoes etc. I find most saucy things freeze well as do soups.

Must do this again! :D

Sounds wonderful - any chance you could post the Thai Quorn Curry recipe, I would really like to try that, thank you, and good luck with your baking weekend. X

Donnie46, I will post the Thai quorn curry recipe as soon as I get chance as I have to go and get my body magic in as my consultant as got me helping to deliver SW leaflets for the latest promotion !

Just call me super woman :superwoman: LOL

Well my mammmouth baking / cooking weekend (or should it be day) is over after 9 hours of solid cooking I have completed all of my freezer foods for the next moonth or atleast until we have eaten some of it as the 2 freezers are now choc a block !

I have made : Turkey & veg burgers, Turkey meatballs in tomato sauce, moroccan beef, beef madras, chicken tikka masala, piri piri chicken, potato,garlic and curly kale cakes, beef & veg cannelloni,cottage pies, vegetable cottage pies, tomato & veg pasta bakes, SW chips, sweet potato SW chips & Sw potato wedges.

And I am utterly and totally chuffed with myself.

Sorry Donnie46 I was unable to find a really nice tahi quorn curry recipe.

oh wow you are a megawoman!! :D

I made Dr Pepper chicken, a quiche and two pots of syn free ice cream today and I was all chuffed with myself, til I saw your list! WOW!

Back