My SW Journey by Hayley J x

made the egg fried rice it was nice but felt needed something with it ie rather than on its own.

I love egg and chips, you could have mushy peas with it if you like them too. As a lunch on an EE day you could have cheesy chips? ie sw chips with a HEXA of cheese on them, or I love pouring a mugshot over them ! especially the sweet and sour one

You can use any flavour pasta and sauce for the quiche. My kids even pinch it when I make it as they love it

oooh cheesy chips!!!! :drool: :gimi: Ah thankyou for all these suggestions, Ive practically got my menu for the week now!! youve been an absolute star hun. I am well and truely back on :thankyou:

Seems like you've been given some lovely ideas there. :D I like potato cakes made from Smash, too. Actually I only use the cheap value tattie but it comes out lovely mixed with onions, cheesy triangles, nutmeg, s&p and a rasher or two of bacon if spare. Spray fry it off and they're lovely and crispy with eggs and beans.

This recipe from Morrisons mags was lovely and might be a way to use couscous up if you have it lying around. Dry fry the patties and use triangles instead of cheese and should be lovely. Only tried it the way it shows so far tho.

http://www.resultcc.co.uk/ezine/issue07/recipe/4WW/Cheesy_couscous_fritters.pdf

Always ask if stuck. There are enough of us regularly read your diary (cos we luffs you lots) who can give ideas. SW does not need to be expensive and its all too easy to eat rubbish if we feel abit deflated and down. Glad you're back with us :D

Thank you so much, I know if I didn't have you guys I would still be off today!

Seems like you've been given some lovely ideas there. :D I like potato cakes made from Smash, too. Actually I only use the cheap value tattie but it comes out lovely mixed with onions, cheesy triangles, nutmeg, s&p and a rasher or two of bacon if spare. Spray fry it off and they're lovely and crispy with eggs and beans.

This recipe from Morrisons mags was lovely and might be a way to use couscous up if you have it lying around. Dry fry the patties and use triangles instead of cheese and should be lovely. Only tried it the way it shows so far tho.

http://www.resultcc.co.uk/ezine/issue07/recipe/4WW/Cheesy_couscous_fritters.pdf

Ooh both of those sound lurvely! :D I've had the cous cous in my cupboard for so long but I've never really known what to do with it. I know people use it for alsorts but my imagination fails me when it comes to food like that, it just seems very bland to me!

The couscous patties are really lovely and the only way I could get my lot to eat it. They hadn't a clue what it was because it doesn't look like couscous.
TIP - dampen your hands when you're making the patties up then you'll have no troubles. ;) got that from 'Giada at home' on food network.

Dried potato is great for potato cakes I read because it is drier and so creates a lovely crispy 'shell' around them. I make my mix very slightly drier than they tell you too. Also holds its form better than fresh mash.

Just an added thought - if you have a panini press it is absolutely the way to go cooking both these. Amazing!

I thought I was reading Good Food for a minute then :D

There's some nice sounding food being mentioned.

My ideas would have been much less exotic. I'd have suggested egg and chips, egg beans and chips, baked potato and cheese, baked potato and beans, cheese toastie, cheese on toast, cheese and beans on toast and egg and soldiers.

I think I might be a bit obsessed with potatoes and cheese :8855:

Just made the egg fried rice. It's really tasty. I agree tho Jackie it does need to be eaten with something else. Stupid me mis read the rice instructions (I usually guess the measurements and it ends up sticking to the bottom of the pan) and ended up with enough rice for about 6 people lol!! My pan was practically over flowing!!

Hello jackie, sorry I've not been on. I did have a huge fall off the wagon, think I drank my body weight in alcohol on sat night! Was recovering yesterday! But I'm back on, was actually pretty good food wise yesterday normally when I'm hungover I eat everything in sight! So not expecting the best loss this week but I'm drawing a line today and I'm back on! Thanx for checking up on me! I need to keep focused now! X

Very spooky!! I'm glad you did know tho, I could have easily slinked away but you dragged me back to answer for my syns!! :D
Well start by adding today's menu to get me back on track

Breakfast porridge (b) melon
Lunch ham salad w savoury rice
Tea maybe chicken salad w potatoes

Going to the gym tonight gonna work HARD to make up for sat night!

So my food plan changed but I was still good today! Determined to stick to it for the rest of the week!

Breakfast
Mullerlight, Bacon (fat off), Eggs, Chopped tomatoes

Lunch
2 WM bread HEXb, ham, lettuce, tomato, cucumber
Melon

Dinner
Egg, SW chips, Beans, Bacon (fat off)

Milk for coffee HEXa

Morning girlys! Hows everyone?

Need to confess to a food naughty for yesterday! Hubby came home from the shops with a pack of 5 twirl bars! I don't even really eat choc but I had to have some since it was there! So I have to add on 11.5 syns for the twirl bar last night!!:d'oh: I did go to the gym for an hour last night so I must have burnt some of it off! BTW can anyone tell me anything about body magic and how it works pls?

Plan for today

Breakfast
Egg, Bacon (fat off), chopped tomatoes

Lunch
Pasta n Sauce, salad, ham (slightly random lunch!)

Dinner
Not sure yet think hubby wants spag bol so will have to do myself something else.
may just have spaghetti on toast HEXb and some fruit for pud

Last edited:
Why can't you have spag bol?

Forget about the twirl and give hubbie a slap for leading you astray :D

Because its not ex lean mince and the suace is a jar. The jar was something else he bought from the shops. If I loved spag bol enough I'd syn it but he likes it with nothing but mince and sauce, no veg in it which i find really boring! To be honest he deserves to have a tea he enjoys, I'm always experimenting with different sw meals which bless him, he does eat without moaning, even when there not the best!! :D

Back