My SW Journey by Hayley J x

Haylz4684

Hello!! :D

So, I've decided to create my own weight loss diary. :eek: I've been putting it off for a while now but I think It will help me stay on track!

So a little about me...

My name is Hayley, I'm 27 and I live in East Yorkshire.

I think I started putting weight on when I left home. At home my mum always cooked. She wasn't the best cook but it was always healthy. My parents didn't drink and didn't like alcohol in the house really, so up until I left home I rarely drank. Well, when I left home it was great thinking I could eat and drink whatever I wanted, and thats where my story begins!!

Upto now I've tried weight watchers which I really couldn't get on with and Slimming World which I :heartpump:!

I started SW in June 2010 at 12st 9lb and by September 2010 id lost 16lb. I was so excited when I started to feel my clothes getting bigger but then I started to get complacent. I missed a few meetings and the wrong foods started to creep into my diet then xmas came and I completly lost the plot!

I started SW again in May this year. Gutted wasn't the word when I found out that not only had I put on ALL the weight I had lost but I'd also gained another 4lb. :cry: I was so mad with myself when I thought about all the hard work I had wasted and that I'd have to start all over again. :raincloud:

Upto now I've lost 9lb so I'm pretty pleased with myself and I know this is it. With my determination and hopefully a little support from you, :) I WILL atain the slim healthy body that's hidden under all this fat!!

Anyway, sorry to have rambled on and on and on, I will stop now lol!
Thanks for reading this, hopefully I haven't put you to sleep!! :snoopyhouse:

x Hayley x

Last edited:
Hi Hayley

Your first post made me giggle regarding the alcohol :)

You've done really well since your rejoin in May and your head is certainly in the right place.

Good luck.

Thank you, alcohol is definately my biggest downfall! ;)
I do feel like I'm in the 'zone' at the mo, just hope it stays like that!

EE day today.

Breakfast
2 slices WM bread HEXb
Eggs and Bacon w/ fat cut off
just remembered I also had a clementine this morning

I knew I was out working all day so I had a big breakfast to keep me going so I wasnt tempted to stop off at a shop for nibbles!:party0051:

Lunch
Nothing :(

Dinner
Pasta with a free pasta sauce I made myself. Dont ask me whats in it because I really couldnt tell you!!

Drinks
Coffee w/ milk HEXa

Syns
measures out 8.5 syns of wine mixed with a diet tonic. You will soon find out I use most of my syns on wine! I promise I'm not an alcy lol! :D

Last edited:
Spirits are lower in syns than wine so move onto the hard stuff :)
Only kidding - I don't wanna get blamed when you're a skinny minnie attending AA meetings :8855:

Also with EE don't forget to have a third of your plate with superfree foods.

How did you cope without lunch - think I would have fainted :8855:
I know I just dont like lower syned alcohol! :cry:
My pasta had lots of onions, mushrooms, chicken and bacon in so can I count the veg in that as part of my sf food? Im not very good at that part of the plan!

Hi jackieN, thanks for visiting, I do feel in a good place at the moment and I have some things coming up later in the year that I want to be slimmer for so thats a great incentive.

I think im coming across as a raging alcoholic lol! :7834: :D

Hi jackieN, thanks for visiting, I do feel in a good place at the moment and I have some things coming up later in the year that I want to be slimmer for so thats a great incentive.

I think im coming across as a raging alcoholic lol! :7834: :D

Not at all :) it just made me smile as actually reminded me very very much of me when I left home. It was like suddenly I didn't have to be in by a certain time, could eat what I fancied, and drink what I like :D

Having an incentive is good . OH's work are having a do at christmas this year and I hate christmas do's when so fat so it would be lovely if I had lost enough to be brave enough to go this year :)

Hi hayzl,

Smiled too at the drinking after leaving home. If you swapped the alcohol for chip butties, that would be my story, too. :D
Dad banned cooking after after 7pm, as he hated cooking smells in the evening so once I left home it dawned on me I now made my own foodie rules. I revelled in the freedom of making chip butties at midnight....night after night. :eek:

I'm now off to look up the syns for the hard liquor. :gimi: Thanks for the tip Tilly.

Not at all :) it just made me smile as actually reminded me very very much of me when I left home. It was like suddenly I didn't have to be in by a certain time, could eat what I fancied, and drink what I like :D

Having an incentive is good . OH's work are having a do at christmas this year and I hate christmas do's when so fat so it would be lovely if I had lost enough to be brave enough to go this year :)

Yeh i'm going to America :D in September to see my Dad so I really want to lose as much as I can for then, partly because I will end up putting sooo much on whilst I'm there!

Last edited:
Another day another dollar! Off to work today, not a bad day but I don't like working Saturdays. No plans for this evening so hopefully there won't be any naughty food temptations! Weekends are always the hardest don't you think?

Plan for the day, no doubt it will change!
Breakfast: Poached eggs on WM toast HEXb
Lunch: Ham salad w/ new potatoes
Dinner: some sort of :turkey: dish, possible the diet coke chicken, I am in love with that at the moment!

HEXa Milk for coffee

Last edited:
Hi hayzl,

Smiled too at the drinking after leaving home. If you swapped the alcohol for chip butties, that would be my story, too. :D
Dad banned cooking after after 7pm, as he hated cooking smells in the evening so once I left home it dawned on me I now made my own foodie rules. I revelled in the freedom of making chip butties at midnight....night after night. :eek:

I'm now off to look up the syns for the hard liquor. :gimi: Thanks for the tip Tilly.

Hi Crumble, sorry I missed your post last night. Thanks for poping by! I think everyone has a particular vice when it comes to food or drink! When your young and your let loose all sense flies out the window and you go mad!
At least we can do something about it ay! :eek:

Yeh last time I saw him I was at my heaviest so I really hope I can look good when I go over, plus I know the weather will still be good so I want to be able to get some skin out!!:flirt2:

Just been to shop to buy lots of fruit! not had any really all week. Asdas got lots of fruit on offer this week if your interested. :)

Going to treat myself tonight since its a Saturday night and I've not had a very good week due to personal reasons :( so I might go over my syns but I will be good the rest of the week. Promise. ;)

Hoping you feel better soon and glad treat night is helping. ;)

Keep hearing this chicken or gammon with coke. Can't quite get my head around it. Does it taste like cokey chicken then?

Back