My SW journey

Went to a family celebration at the weekend. Planned to make good choices, eat before we went out etc etc

Delays, cancelled trains and a total lack of will power involved the eating of many cookies, cake, buffet, chips, pastries and milky coffee along with alcohol :(

Dreading Wednesdays weigh in - even on my 'I know I will have gained weeks' I still have managed to stick to at least some my damage limitation plans so feeling pretty bad that this weekend I blew it.

Hello, Enjoyed reading your thread. I have just started SW myself, and have my first WI today. You are very inspiring, and makes me feel really positive about my journey. (I am trying to lose weight for my wedding next August). So don't beat yourself up over a bad weekend, as what you have achieved so far in a short amount of time is amazing. I'd love to lose 2 and half stone in 4 months like you.

Hello, Enjoyed reading your thread. I have just started SW myself, and have my first WI today. You are very inspiring, and makes me feel really positive about my journey. (I am trying to lose weight for my wedding next August). So don't beat yourself up over a bad weekend, as what you have achieved so far in a short amount of time is amazing. I'd love to lose 2 and half stone in 4 months like you.

Hi Charlie, hope your WI went well. Thank you so much for posting it was what I needed to hear today especially after going 'sod it I've already messed up this week' and having another bit of cake earlier!

Have just had a sneaky stand on our inaccurate scales and it's looking like a 3lb gain so far, however my water intake has also been rubbish so I might be able to get rid of 1lb of that if I drink more tomorrow and wednesday. Going to try a syn free day (or very low syn - maybe 1 for a bit of mayo) to make up for the excesses of the rest of the week and see if I can try to make it so that at WI it's no more than 1.5lb on this week.

Hi Charlie, hope your WI went well. Thank you so much for posting it was what I needed to hear today especially after going 'sod it I've already messed up this week' and having another bit of cake earlier!

Have just had a sneaky stand on our inaccurate scales and it's looking like a 3lb gain so far, however my water intake has also been rubbish so I might be able to get rid of 1lb of that if I drink more tomorrow and wednesday. Going to try a syn free day (or very low syn - maybe 1 for a bit of mayo) to make up for the excesses of the rest of the week and see if I can try to make it so that at WI it's no more than 1.5lb on this week.

I'm glad it helped! I always find when you weigh yourself right after a bad weekend it is always a "fake" high. Once you have a day of drinking plenty of water and eating well it drops off again quite quickly. I reckon you will gain a small amount or nothing if you do what you plan. Good luck :)

It was a 3lb gain - not unexpected but annoying as I had been doing so well before this weekend. New week though and back on it today.

Made curry yesterday, filled the dutchie to the brim so now have almost an entire freezer draw full of curry :D still have some of OHs chilli and a pasta bake sauce in there too. Need to make some more pasta bake sauce though as it was really tasty.
Brought a countdown at group on Wednesday so excited to get my free comfort food book and see what's in there I can make.

Was good with meals yesterday, lots of speed foods, both my healthy extras and only 3 syns for half a crunchie.

Determined to get rid of that 3lb asap so going to go back to writing down what I'm eating too so that I can keep track.

sure it will be back off in no time xx

Thanks Jenny. I hope so although I have just been out for brunch with a friend, was supposed to just be coffee but we were hungry. I chose beans on wholemeal toast - 1 slice being my hex B and the other being synable - forgot to ask for no butter on the toast :doh: but my meals for the day have all been planned as free ones as I was saving my syns for chocolate and I'd chosen a white americano with skimmed milk over a latte so just going to have to skip the chocolate. Was amazing to have buttered toast again though so it was worth the syns :D

Hi, hope you don't mind me following you, I have a diary myself, just back on plan after falling off the wagon 6 months

I don't mind at all, the more the merrier :D Well done for getting back on plan.

I can't stop getting on the scales and it's driving me nuts. I know our scales can be slightly unreliable but they are telling me that I've not lost anything yet this week and depending on the time of day they are even telling me I have gained!

I have been trying really hard to rely on speed foods for snacks to get through the day so I really hope I haven't gained :(

So have just realised I am slipping back into old habits and having a coffee when I get to work and one part way through the day to perk me up. Coffee made with semi skimmed milk as that's what work buy. I'm not counting the syns for it either. Luckily I don't normally use my full 15 anyway so have been getting away with it but need to be careful about it.

OH did burger, sweet potato chips and salad last night - the Linda McCartney ones with mozzarella are so tasty but 5 1/2 syns so we haven't had them since starting SW as I normally use my syns on junk food or extra cheese. Had extra cheese on the burger from my hex a and a roll as my hex b. It was amazing! It's the first time we have tried making sweet potato chips at home, they tasted nice but think they could have cooked a bit longer so will have to experiment a little bit.

Hope you're having a good day today!!
I've been good not weighing myself, tempted this morning but what's the point lol it is what it is, as long as you follow plan, you will lose, count those syns OK xx

Thanks @leigh1877 I'm going to try not to weigh every day going forward. I never used so I need to stop before it turns into a habit.

WI last night and 2.5lbs off this week :D

Really pleased with that after last week. However it's going to be a challenge this week as I'm away at the weekend and have no control over my meals. The person I'm visiting cooks meals on the opposite end of the scale to slimming world, lots of oil, butter, milk etc so will be happy with a maintain this week.

Hey, how was your weekend away? x x

I managed to lose 2lbs last week! Even after a trip to toby carvery where I stuffed myself full of nice stuff. I may also have converted them to SW too which was great as it meant that food wise it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

Managed to comfort eat my way through a huge slab of cake today and a lack of sleep on Saturday (the dog wasn't well so I was up in the night with her so barely slept) meant my will power was at a low and I stopped at the chippy on the way home from work :oops: so not hopeful that I will get a loss at this weeks weigh in. How are you doing?

well done on the loss :)

sorry to hear about your dog, hope she's better soon.

I'm doing well thanks, getting a loss every week so cant complain.

its difficult when you're tired to make good choices. hope you still get a loss at next weigh in x x

Thanks. To be honest I would be ok with a maintain cos the cake was good!!

I have decided that, whatever I weigh in at next week is going to be my target weight for the first weigh in of the new year too - I know that my weight loss will stall because of weekends away and Christmas parties but I don't want to have gained anything over the next 6 weeks. Compared to going into the Christmas period. I have some weeks where I know I will gain and some where I should be able to stick to plan 100% so hopefully it will average out! Once we are into the new year I can get back on it properly.

that sounds like a good plan :)

I'm planning on staying on plan over the Christmas period, I've had the week off other years and always struggle to get back on plan and have a massive gain, I always regret not sticking to plan. As I have a baby and I'm breastfeeding, I wont be drinking or going out much this Christmas so hoping to continue losing every week. that's the plan anyway lol.

x x

Have been struggling recently. Tiredness and lack of time haven't helped. I comfort eat and my will power around food hits rock bottom when I am depressed or anxious, it took a full blown panic attack for me to properly realise what has been going on the last few weeks. I knew that I needed to be careful and had picked up on a few of the warning signs but had tried to work through it myself which obviously wasn't working. So I went back on prozac this week.

Hopefully improving my mood will allow me to make better food choices as this week I have eaten lots of chocolate then skipped meals to balance the calories I've eaten. Not a sensible or SW friendly way to do things.

OH is making butternut Mac and cheese tonight for me while I try to do more studying. He has been really good and agreed to pick up some of the household jobs for me as I am working full time hours in 3 days as well as doing a full time degree and having no time for myself is not helping my stress level.

We are going to try to work out how I can have an hour of protected time twice a week to do something me focused like read a book I want rather than a text book, have a bubble bath or paint my nails.

Back