My SW journey

Pretty much stuck to my planned meals for today.

Didn't have bread with lunch as it wasn't usable. I should have snacked on nuts for my hex B but had HiFi bars instead. However that took care of my after dinner chocolate craving so no crunchie today and only 1/2 syn today.

Water intake was 3 litres for the day.

Lots of speed foods today- watermelon, honeydew and gala melon, mixed lettuce, tomatoes, pepper, onion, garlic, carrots and cucumber.

I ate dinner when I got home, served on my special plate as it has become known - basically it's a random odd plate from OHs student days that is smaller than our normal plates so it's now mine to help with portion control. Ate most of dinner and let OH finish the rest as I was full.

It's good to be home :D

Working again today :( Also as I haven't been home OH has slipped back into old habits and there is no fruit or salad in the house. So I need to stop at tesco on my way to work to get stuff for today and then on the way home to do a proper shop.

Plan for today
Breakfast - fruit and yogurt
Lunch - 1/2 can soup (hex B) and salad
Dinner- roast veg pasta bake using 40g light cheddar (hex A)
Snacks - fruit, crunchie (6 syns), carrot sticks

Yesterday

Breakfast - strawberries, raspberries and yogurt
Lunch- 200g baxters soup (hex B), mixed lettuce leaves and tomatoes
Dinner- 3 bean chilli and rice with salad
Snacks - babybel light x3 (hex A), strawberries and raspberries, crunchie (6syns)

Water intake- 3l

Spoke to OH yesterday lunch time and he said he would cook a chilli as he'd left the pasta bake sauce in the freezer bit it was really nice so I dont mind :D

Brought some mug shots to try yesterday as they are free so I could take some to france to help keep my syns down while we are away if we like them.

Going to the city today to get some last minute shopping before we go away as I realised I need a few things and OH needs some new shirts for the wedding. Going straight to class this evening from there so am planning on a subway salad bowl for dinner and using syns for a cheese salad with light mayo as it should be 8syns. There is a subway we have found in France reasonably near our hotel as well so that's another option for while we are away.

Today's plan

Breakfast- watermelon
Lunch- left over chilli
Dinner- subway cheese salad bowl with Mayo
Snacks- 16 whole almonds(hexB) strawberries, latte using HexA milk

A manic few days trying to get organised and packed ready for the trip to france and my friends wedding. Have managed to stick to plan though, have drunk plenty of water and been having my 1/3 speed food each meal. I stood on the scales yesterday and it looked good, stood on them today and I have put on 3lbs compared to yesterday the first time, tried again and it was 1.5lbs heavier than yesterday so not sure they are all that accurate!

I need to check what is going on at work tomorrow but I might weigh in at a different group a day early if I'm not scheduled to be running classes as I could do with Wednesday evening to get the last minute bits packed.

Week 8 Weigh in = -3lbs bringing total weight loss to 1st 5lb

Weighed in a day early as I could do with some time after work tomorrow to sort out last minute bits and get on the road. Really pleased with this weeks loss, thats all of last weeks gain gone plus a bit extra - it gives me a bit more wriggle room while on holiday now which is good.

Week 9/10 goal - not to gain more than 3lb!

Week 9 weigh in = +0.5lb, bringing total weight loss to 1st 4.5lbs

Got back from France at about 6.30 so decided to pop along to another local group at 7.30 to see what the damage was - very, very pleased with my half pound as I wasn't as good as I should have been and we did eat waffles, croissants and other nice buy naughty foods on occasion. However didn't go over board with it. Off for a long weekend away with the in laws today so expecting another gain next week but hopefully not too big a gain.

Week 10 goal - not gain more than 2lb

Week 10 weight in = -2lb bringing total weight loss to 1st 6.5lbs

So pleased that making the effort to food optimise at least some of the time on holiday has paid off :D

Plus I got my club 10 award as well this week.

Hoping for a great week next week too. Weighing, seeing a loss and staying to group has helped me get my motivation back as I have struggled to get back to 100% food optimising in the few days we have been home. Am determined again now though.

Week 11 target - 1 lb

Being back on the 100% wagon has been going well. Have had 1/3 speed with all meals and have gone back to writing everything in my food diary. Have been well within my syns as well.

Water intake has been good but could be better so that's on my to work on list too.

Really fancy spag bol and have done for a few days so OH has kindly said he will make one for me tomorrow for when I get home from classes :D

A little worried about starting my degree in a few weeks, while we have our on campus sections we get breakfast and donner provided so worried about the lack of food choice, planning on mugshots and salad to get me through lunch times as we should have access to a kettle so I can save my syns for dinner and hoping that there is fruit at breakfast. My first uni stay is likely to be the next thing that pushes me off track but hopefully I can stay on plan 100% until then

Back to feeling good about changing my lifestyle now. Was a bit down about 'dieting' again after having enjoyed waffles and stuff on holiday and still managing to average a 1.5lb loss over the 2 weeks I was away. However, although we had waffles and pastries we also walked for miles and miles each day and still ate lots of speed and free foods and made better choices from the menus so we didn't actually over eat on the 'bad' stuff - pre SW I would have stuffed my face with high syn stuff for the whole time we were away.

Have some some really tasty meals this week- Jacket potatoes, egg salad and one of my favs the roasted sausage, potato + pepper thing. Also started having more nuts as my B choice which I have been enjoying and I don't really feel like I am missing gout on anything most of the time. I do have a little bit of a chocolate craving today and have no hifi bars with me but think that once I have had a nice lunch (jacket potato with cheese and beans) I will be ok. Plus my meals are are planned to be syn free today so I think I will have a 6 syn crunchie when I get home this evening.

Was trying to work out if a small jacket for lunch and spag bol for dinner was being really greedy so logged on to sparkpeople to track calories. Haven't been on there in ages and always struggled to keep within my calories when I was trying to cut my calories down so was amazed at my estimated calorie intake for today. Guessed the amounts of soya mince and spaghetti that will be in my dinner but think it will be about right if not over estimated. have also factored in 2 hifi for my Hex B and a crunchie just incase and still coming in at under 1400 calories! So off to put my potato in the oven :D

Spag bol yesterday was fantastic :D

Have committed to joining the social team at group this week. Mostly because I wanr to be helpful but also as it will be a way to make sure I am going every week even when I don't want to as I won't want to let them down plus it will mean I can't weigh and run so will have to stay to group even if I don't want to.

Have a couple of busy days coming up, today is the first proper day of a new job although I do other stuff there already so I know them anyway. Its still a little worrying though in case I get something wrong.

I'm actually looking forward to WI on Wednesday I think I've been really good this week so I'm hoping that shows on the scales.

Week 11 weigh in =-4lbs bringing total weight lost to 1st 10.5lbs

Well what can I say? I am totally over the moon with this weeks weigh in. I have tried so hard to get back into it this week and its obviously paid off :D as well as a fab week on the scales I also got another new shiny:sw021: sticker and an now 3.5lbs from my 2 stone award.

New job has been going well, easy lunches (mug shots and salad, soup) lots of fruit to nibble on and sing on the go type hex (nuts and babybel) to use to nibble on too as its all pretty hectic and there is lots of eating on the run between classes. But I like it and its a huge step towards where I want to be in my life.

I'm aiming high this week but won't be disappointed if I don't get it and said I would aim for 3.5lbs for weigh in next week to get my 2 stone which would mean I am pretty much half way to my target.

Week 12 target - 3.5lb

If I have lost anything this week it will be a miracle!

Have had an ear infection so have been a bit all over the place (literally - couldn't stand up and walk in a straight line on Sunday morning!), some days have been great, some days I felt sick so barely ate anything some days I was starving so ate anything I saw. My healthy extras have been a bit hit and miss too and my water intake has been shockingly low. I haven't been doing my normal dog walking either so have spent a lot of time sat doing nothing because I felt dizzy if I did stand up.

So I have amended my weeks target in my head to just maintaining for the week- although I am still secretly hopefully that the scales will go down.

Week 12 weigh in = -1lb bringing total weight loss to 1st11.5lbs

Really amazed with the scales this week - pleased of course, but amazed!

Didn't think that I would see as much as a pound off this week so very happy. Am off to uni tomorrow so no control over meals, am scared and excited and ate my body weight in pasta yesterday comfort eating but it's one weekend out of the rest of my life so I am hoping to enjoy it, and won't worry too much about the food and my weight while I am there if I have to deviate from the plan a little.

Week 13 goal = maintain

Last uni day today, it's been stressful for all sorts of reasons but my eating has been ok ish, or at least no worse than expected. The drinking however.....

Shall just have to see what the scales say Wednesday but I was proud of myself for avoiding the chocolate that was doing the rounds last night when we were all a bit tipsy :D

Week 13 weigh in after uni was a 0.5lb gain. Not unexpected due to the drinking and nice but not SW friendly food.

Week 14 weigh in was a 3.5lb loss earning me my :sw028:. So very happy with that. Especially as we have been driving over half the country to see ill relatives. I did take my own ready made pasta sauces and mugshots so that we didn't end up in the hospital canteen eating rubbish. Wouldn't have been surprised with a gain as I didn't eat properly more binge and starve depending on where we were going but it obviously wasn't too bad. Did drink even more water than usual though as I always find it too hot in hospitals. Discovered M&S veggie sushi is only 1syn though for that mad 'need food!' dash through the motorway services which was a great grab and go option so I didn't end up with chips and a milkshake from Macdonald's.

I did have to check my progress online before writing this though as I have lost track a little with everything going that has been going on. Have always known exactly what I weighed in at previously so hope that this doesn't signify me being about to falloff the wagon as I need to be skinny for my maid of honour duties next year!

Well done, you're doing awesome! :D

Doing great. I enjoy reading youre diary and you r getting some fab losses.

Thanks a for the replies :)

I am doing ok thanks @Jenny_b busy as usual and drowning under a pile of uni work but enjoying being a student and learning new things :)

I couldn't weigh in yesterday so popped to a group this morning instead - 4.5lbs gone this week and my:sw035:! Last week I lost 2lb and dropped into a new stone bracket - was so excited to see that 11 on the scales!

Pretty sure this week's great loss is more to do with a 9.30am weigh in vs my usual 7.30pm one so I expect to maintain or lose a minimal amount next week but I'm still pleased to add another sticker to my book.

Am enjoying SW still although starting to get to the time of year where I get a bit down most years and start to comfort eat so working hard to avoid that. I would normally have already brought (and eaten!) Christmas foods like Christmas pudding, stollen and mince pies as I love them but have avoided them so far.

Am thinking of doing a skinny bakery order to get some low syn sweet stuff because just denying myself the treats is more likely to result in me binging one day and the resulting guilt and more eating loop that a binge brings.

Thanks a for the replies :)

I am doing ok thanks @Jenny_b busy as usual and drowning under a pile of uni work but enjoying being a student and learning new things :)

I couldn't weigh in yesterday so popped to a group this morning instead - 4.5lbs gone this week and my:sw035:! Last week I lost 2lb and dropped into a new stone bracket - was so excited to see that 11 on the scales!

Pretty sure this week's great loss is more to do with a 9.30am weigh in vs my usual 7.30pm one so I expect to maintain or lose a minimal amount next week but I'm still pleased to add another sticker to my book.

Am enjoying SW still although starting to get to the time of year where I get a bit down most years and start to comfort eat so working hard to avoid that. I would normally have already brought (and eaten!) Christmas foods like Christmas pudding, stollen and mince pies as I love them but have avoided them so far.

Am thinking of doing a skinny bakery order to get some low syn sweet stuff because just denying myself the treats is more likely to result in me binging one day and the resulting guilt and more eating loop that a binge brings.

sure all the uni work will pay off :) I remember counting down the days to the end.

well done on getting into the 11s, that's brilliant. you must be feeling really good.

x x

Back