My SW shopping list !

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by gobolino, 2 January 2010.

1. gobolino

gobolino Well-Known Member

I want to make a list just to get myself in the thinking and planning mode ! I dont eat meat but I do eat fish, anyone have any ideas to add to the list ? Thanks :)

Here goes:
    Fruit and Veg (goes without saying :p)
    Potatoes/Sweet Potatoes/Butternut squash/Peppers (to make the basis of many meals!)
    Baked beans
    Red lentils
    Cottage cheese
    Eggs (need plenty to do SW pasta quiche:))
    Tinned beans (ready to make a quorn chilli :))
    Low fat cheese
    Small loaf wholemeal bread
  2. JemmaBe

JemmaBe Well-Known Member

Oops, just saw you have cheese.

Something for syns perhaps? Treat size chocolate etc.
  3. malaika

malaika Lover of Extra Easy

Don't forget pasta too
  4. gobolino

Thank you -I do have plenty of pasta :) which reminds me, I also have some pesto too -mmmmmm yum !

Not too sure on something for synning ! I cant be trusted with multipacks of treat sized chocs, but I could buy 1 ;)
  5. Devon Dolce

Devon Dolce 1lb at a time!

What about some lovely herbs and spices to add some different flavours to your dishes?? xx
  6. gobolino

Check - I have herbs and spices :) Thank you! Although I might be tempted by some fresh corriander :)
  7. Devon Dolce

Devon Dolce 1lb at a time!

How about some Quark to experiment with - I make the most lovely Quark chocolate mousse with a flavoured Options - great for a sweet tooth and low in syns - I mix mine with blueberries for a dessert and OH likes it too! The white choc Options is fab for it! xx
  8. *Cherry On Top*

*Cherry On Top* Well-Known Member

pesto would be quite high in syns wouldnt it? i love pesto pasta :D
    id add mugshots which are like little pasta/noodle snack that u make in a mug, but are so handy for a quick munch x
  9. gobolino

Pesto isnt as bad as you think as a little goes a long way - stir a level tablespoon of pesto through pasta and this is 3.5syns (not too bad?).

I've not tried mug shots, I might give them a whirl !
  10. Derbynanny

Derbynanny Well-Known Member

11. tfmd

tfmd Well-Known Member

what about rice, and frozen mixed berries...
    Have you tried for pudding a little meringue nest filled with sweetened fromage frais and frozen mixed berries yum!!
    red kidney beans for your chilli

Salad stuff...
  12. gobolino

Thanks for your ideas ! I have quorn mince ready for the chilli, not tried the meatballs so will definitely give them a go ! I have tinned tuna too. :)

Meringue nests, oh yes - I looooooooooooove these, especially with light squirty cream, they are definitely going on my list - thanks for the reminder ! :)
  13. tfmd

tfmd Well-Known Member

thats ok...I always have a fully stocked supply of meringue nests..They are so easy to use...Crumble them up in a glass with vlf fromage frais and strawberries for a SW version of Eton Mess..
    Squirty cream is a must too!! hahahaa
  14. gobolino

Tfmd, I did have a thing about a banana slip with maple syrup and squirty cream - yummy ! I hate the way it just runs out without much warning though ;) !!
  15. gobolino

Oh devon dumpling - yes yes yes quark and white choc options is lush :) Getting my list out now !
  16. minn_82

minn_82 Well-Known Member

Fry Light is always a must have in my house. x
  17. gobolino

Tinned chopped tomatoes everyone !!!! I cant live without them :)
  18. gobolino

Indeedy I have a spray oil :) thanks !
  19. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Butter beans and tin tomatoes....
  20. gobolino

Oh yes butter beans would be nice, thanks :)

Right, I'm off shopping now, thanks again everyone :thankyou: