My SW shopping list !

gobolino

Gold Member
I want to make a list just to get myself in the thinking and planning mode ! I dont eat meat but I do eat fish, anyone have any ideas to add to the list ? Thanks :)

Here goes:
Fruit and Veg (goes without saying :p)
Potatoes/Sweet Potatoes/Butternut squash/Peppers (to make the basis of many meals!)
Baked beans
Red lentils
Chickpeas
Cottage cheese
Eggs (need plenty to do SW pasta quiche:))
Tinned beans (ready to make a quorn chilli :))
Couscous
Low fat cheese
Weetabix
Small loaf wholemeal bread
Yoghurts

Don't forget pasta too

Thank you -I do have plenty of pasta :) which reminds me, I also have some pesto too -mmmmmm yum !

Not too sure on something for synning ! I cant be trusted with multipacks of treat sized chocs, but I could buy 1 ;)

What about some lovely herbs and spices to add some different flavours to your dishes?? xx

Check - I have herbs and spices :) Thank you! Although I might be tempted by some fresh corriander :)

How about some Quark to experiment with - I make the most lovely Quark chocolate mousse with a flavoured Options - great for a sweet tooth and low in syns - I mix mine with blueberries for a dessert and OH likes it too! The white choc Options is fab for it! xx

pesto would be quite high in syns wouldnt it? i love pesto pasta :D
id add mugshots which are like little pasta/noodle snack that u make in a mug, but are so handy for a quick munch x

Pesto isnt as bad as you think as a little goes a long way - stir a level tablespoon of pesto through pasta and this is 3.5syns (not too bad?).

I've not tried mug shots, I might give them a whirl !

what about rice, and frozen mixed berries...
Have you tried for pudding a little meringue nest filled with sweetened fromage frais and frozen mixed berries yum!!
red kidney beans for your chilli

Salad stuff...

Thanks for your ideas ! I have quorn mince ready for the chilli, not tried the meatballs so will definitely give them a go ! I have tinned tuna too. :)

Meringue nests, oh yes - I looooooooooooove these, especially with light squirty cream, they are definitely going on my list - thanks for the reminder ! :)

thats ok...I always have a fully stocked supply of meringue nests..They are so easy to use...Crumble them up in a glass with vlf fromage frais and strawberries for a SW version of Eton Mess..
Squirty cream is a must too!! hahahaa

Tfmd, I did have a thing about a banana slip with maple syrup and squirty cream - yummy ! I hate the way it just runs out without much warning though ;) !!

Oh devon dumpling - yes yes yes quark and white choc options is lush :) Getting my list out now !

Tinned chopped tomatoes everyone !!!! I cant live without them :)

Indeedy I have a spray oil :) thanks !

Oh yes butter beans would be nice, thanks :)

Right, I'm off shopping now, thanks again everyone :thankyou:

Back