My SWC isn't what you'd call 'slim' - do you think this matters?

i must admit, as un pc as it is, i would prefer my swc to be healthy size or on plan to get there. i think its a little hypocritical to tell us all what to do when u arent on plan, and i think to be a true ambassador of sw one would be taking on the plan as a way of life, for life. maybe idealistic, but still how i feel in my heart of hearts.

I just know how dangerous it is to call someone fat/make them feel it if that makes sense? But then again not losing weight is dangerous - it's grey area eh?

Stay safe - stay happy :) xxx

Very true hun! Eat too much, or not enough our bodies are so fragile and I think we forget that from time to time.... I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. ED's don't just destroy the body they consume that person and even alter there personalities.

I know some people may not agree with the statement i'm about to make but i'm gonna say it anyway..... losing a friend is a great loss and unfortunatly she lost the battle like so many........but atleast she is at peace and she doesn't have to spend the rest of her life battling for normality.

sorry if this offends anyone.... it's not meant nastily.

I was thinking of posting a topic similar to this the other day!
I do think if my consultant was very big I would question the plan.
My C still has some to loose and says she goes to another group and that I don't mind as she is on the journey with us. Thing that bothers me slightly is her partner who helps her with the group is very overweight and therefore unhealthy. I don't think that looks very good especially as on her site she says something along the lines of slimming world is so easy my whole family have adopted it. To me he is not a good advert for SW!

Very true hun! Eat too much, or not enough our bodies are so fragile and I think we forget that from time to time.... I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. ED's don't just destroy the body they consume that person and even alter there personalities.

I know some people may not agree with the statement i'm about to make but i'm gonna say it anyway..... losing a friend is a great loss and unfortunatly she lost the battle like so many........but atleast she is at peace and she doesn't have to spend the rest of her life battling for normality.

sorry if this offends anyone.... it's not meant nastily.

No offence taken Kissme...I agree. She was very tormented, especially the latter 18months of the fight. I agree, though it still pains me to have lost her, she's no longer suffering. I still speak to her parents now and then and they said the same thing - that she is at rest. And she will never be gone - she's always with everyone in their thoughts and hearts and memories. She was and always will be my best dancing buddy and whenever I hear Rollin' by Limp Bizkit I smile and think of her :)

This has been a really interesting thread and it's good to see everyone's different views on the matter - thanks for the thread hun xxx

P.S given you some stars though not showing atm??? x

It has been an interesting thread hasn't it? I'm glad it came across in the correct way.

I'm glad that you have lots of positive memories of your friend Sticky.

Just bumping this up as my Consultant has decided to take a 3 month break so that she can focus on getting herself to target. She explained that she felt like a hypocryte standing up at front telling what to eat when she wasn' taking her own advice.

Hopefully the time out will do her good. It must be difficult focusing on your own weightloss when you also have to actively support 30-40 others in doing so on a weekly basis!

if there is one thing my consultant has taught me is that there is no shame in a gain and no shame in coming back to slimming world. we all have periods in our lives where 'life takes over' and we gain weight and if i had a consultant that thought it was unaccceptable to gain weight i wouldnt be interested in what they had to say. im going back to my old consultant who has been at target for many years and i do find it inspirational however i also had a consultant who had gained a bit of weight due to one reason or another and was loosing with us and i think thats fine.

i also never knew that you had to have lost weight with slimming world to be a consultant. very interesting!

I wouldn't like to have a consultant that is overweight and not on plan as it is not a good advert for the business. My friend has became a consultand and even though she is not at her target (short distance away) she is fab and her before photo is amazing when you see the amount she has lost. I would much rather walk into her class and see what she was and is now and think wow this is it this plan works, I will be like her than see an overweight one who is not on plan and then has cheek to tick you off if you don't loose and preach to you about healthy eating etc.

I think as long as ur C can make u feel good and help u lose weight it doesnt matter if they have gained a few pounds!! My C is great and she openly admits falling off the plan a few years ago bt shes bk on it now and doing better than any1!!xx

I found this when I went to WW...there was a picture of the C in underwear (as the before picture, looking very overweight)...got in there and my mum went to me..."did they take that picture today?!".

On first glimpse my C is probably overweight, but then on actually talking to her she'd lost 7 stone and just stopped where the felt comfertable!

Like what was said earlier about the dentist, there are lots of doctors that smoke!

I dont think it really bothers me as long as they are helpful and supportive, I generally didnt like my C, didnt like my class and didnt like WW in general so maybe thats why I took a disliking to the C's weight! x

i had a ww c who was very large. that wouldn't really have bothered me in itself. but every week she'd say something along the lines of 'well i tell you girls. i did this this week and i lost 6lbs!!' and you just thought 'what a blatent lie. if you'd been losing 6lbs a week all this time you'd be losing size and if anything you are getting bigger!!'

she irritated me too which wouldn't help. i don't think an overweight c is much of a problem as long as they are following the plan themselves or not lying to you about following it. if the consultant can't stick to it it really doesn't give you much faith when you are having a hard time.

abz xx

this is a really interesting debate. I definitely think as a new joiner the change from what your C 'was' to what she is now makes a difference. But once you're on the plan and if you're being motivated it doesn't matter.

saying that, my c is lovely, but i feel a little bit, i don't know, ripped off maybe. there are no pictures (before and after) and when i joined i didn't get anything said apart from a brief overview of the plan. i wonder if it's because im at a london lunch time club and not a local club.

A few years ago, I used to attend a group and the C was very large, I mean huge (sorry, I don't know how else to say it) I found it very difficult to take advice from her regarding the plan. At the time, I was probably not really overweight but being young I used to like to keep a check on my weight before it got out of hand. I possibly only wanted to lose a stone, if that. So you can understand what I mean when I say that I was a 'normal' weight and having a C who was hugely overweight telling what I may have done wrong that week if I didn't lose 1lb was not very encouraging!! I'm not sure if she was midway through her journey, in which case it would have possibly made a difference to how I felt.
However, my most recent consultant has reached her goal and for as long as I have known her, has maintained it. I'm not saying she is a Saint and doesn't gain a couple of pounds here (she wouldn't be human if she didn't) but on the whole she stays around the same weight and she looks fabulous! She is what I would call a normal weight (not stick thin), has a decent figure, dresses lovely and always looks glowing! I know she attends another meet for weigh in to keep her on the straight and narrow.
Personally for me, someone like that is so much more inspirational. It proves that not only does the plan work but it is sustainable.

I think as long as the C is on plan and up to date with the info then its all good! It would be helpful to know the circumstances ie, ' i lost and put back on but im on plan'. Although this is their personal business

I can see what some of you mean though, it could be de-motivating for a first impression of a newbie

Good debate!!

xx

I rejoined the other week at a different class and the C was one who had stood in for ours in August. She was big the, and trust me she is no smaller now, but she is a wonderful consultant.
To digress I went for an interview for a consultants job, and the area and district managers were both clinically obese! I would asy the district manager morbidly so.

I like the fact that my consultant isn't stick thin and is definitely on plan! She weighs in at another group and regularly updates us on her progress.

She has lost over a stone since I started in November and you can definitely tell!

What I think makes it even better though is that she sets challenges against us. For example during image therapy she might say "We have both only got 2lbs until we are in the next stone - lets see who gets there first!" It is motivating and also refreshing that she takes her own advice.

I also think it is vital to be able to draw from her experience of what she is eating on plan and she often gives us tips for example what she has in the cupboard for a quick "on-plan" meal if she can't be bothered to cook!

I agree with others that as long as the c is motivating and is helping you reach your targets then it shouldn't really matter - although i'm not sure how a person who preeches one thing and does another can be that motivating!

Amy xx

I rejoined the other week at a different class and the C was one who had stood in for ours in August. She was big the, and trust me she is no smaller now, but she is a wonderful consultant.
To digress I went for an interview for a consultants job, and the area and district managers were both clinically obese! I would asy the district manager morbidly so.

I was going to say a similar thing. My c is lovely, a few pounds out of target but working now to get back in, but her district manager is big and funnily enough I know her from years ago when she was my old boss at a recruitment agency.

She is a lot bigger now than then and has not lost any weight on this plan as far as I can tell :rolleyes: but she is sat there marking and analysing what my C is saying :confused: I find that rather odd.

Surely you cant manage a group of SW consultants without having shared an experience of the plan and being a consultant...or can you :D

Back