My totally honest food diary!

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Food Diaries' started by archers33, 3 February 2014.

1. archers33

archers33 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I've been looking through the different threads, and lots of people have suggested having a food diary to help keep on track. So I've decided to go for it, and record everything that I eat. Even those days when I mess up, and eat all round me (I'd love to say that it will never happen, but I know myself better than that... :eek: )

B - Blueberry wheats (Asda) and 125ml semi-skimmed milk, 2 mandarins, apple

L - Beef pieces, carrots, onion (left over from yesterday's cassserole), baked potato, grapes, pineapple slice

D - :confused: I'm not sure yet. It will either be chicken fajitas (without the wraps and rice instead) or SW chips, ham and eggs. It depends on how much I want to cook by the time I get home.

Just writing this had made me realise that I really need to prepare my meals more. I'll sit down tonight and plan out this week, and see if that helps.
  2. archers33

This is what happens when I don't plan, lol. My dinner is now completely different:

D - boiled potatoes, chicken, beans, onions, peppers
    S - muller light (0.5), apple, pineapple

I've also had a small piece of nougat (3), a pack of wotsits (5) and a rocky biscuit (5.5)

Total syns: 14

Sent from my GT-I9195 using mobile app
    Last edited: 3 February 2014
  3. archers33

So today I've planned my meals. However, I may have to change dinner, as I'm going to the dentist this afternoon, so I'm not sure if I'll feel like eating.

B - blueberry wheats (hexb) and 125ml milk (1/2 hexa), mandarins, banana

L - baked potato, chicken, salad, apple, pineapple, muller light (0.5)

D - homemade stew

"Never, never, never, never give up." Winston Churchill
  4. ACH

ACH Well-Known Member

Hi there, how you doing? Do you go to group or at doing it alone?

Here re to sub to your diary :)
  5. archers33

I'm doing it at home (although there's a couple of us in the office all doing it together, if that makes sense). I weigh in on a Wednesday morning, so I'm trying to be really good today and maximise my loss, lol.
  6. jenniecakes

jenniecakes Well-Known Member

My plans always end up changing, what you fancy in the morning, you can't be bothered cooking by tea time! Ha, I'm hoping to freeze a few syn free meals to pop in the microwave.
  7. ACH

ACH Well-Known Member

Ahh bet that's so much more helpful doing it together atleast there is no cakes being brought into work haha nothing worse than a table of donuts in the staff room! Good luck for you weigh in, mines a Saturday I do it at home too
  8. archers33

Ok, so my planning doesn't always help. I had a pack of wotsits this afternoon, which I hadn't planned for. However I prefer to keep my syns for this kinda thing rather than plan to use them all during the day. I don't know if it really helps, but it gives me the illusion of control.

Syns: 5.5 (wotsits and yoghurt)

9. archers33

So I've had a really good day today. I lost 5lbs this week, taking me down to 14st exactly. That's 7lb in two weeks. I'm chuffed with that.

Anyway, I got some Alpen light bars, so I've changed my breakfast to allow me to eat these as my hexb. I've been missing my mid-morning snack in work, and although I had fruit, it just wasn't hitting the right spot. So hopefully these bars will help.

B - fruit salad (mandarins, banana, pineapple, grapes), muller yoghurt greek style (0.5)

S - alpen light (0.5 hexb)

L - chicken salad wrap (this was in a restaurant, and I thought it was the best option on the menu; 7 syns for wrap)

S - alpen light (0.5 hexb)

D - homemade stew (all F or SF)

I think I might have some cheese and crackers tonight, as I haven't had my hexa today, and I've some lovely reduced fat mature cheddar in the fridge. This would be 40g of cheese and 5 syns for 5 m&s crackers, plus onions and grapes.

Total syns: 12.5

10. archers33

Today was really busy in work, and I'm out at a couple of meetings tonight, so this is going to be a quick post.

B - fruit salad, muller light greek yoghurt (0.5)

L - baked potato, chicken breast, baked beans

S - alpen light bar (hexb)

D - boiled potatoes, sausages (5), onion, pepper

Syns: 5.5

Last edited: 6 February 2014
  11. MrsSOS

MrsSOS Well-Known Member

Congrats on your weight loss: you are doing GREAT!!! :clap:
  12. archers33

So I forgot to track yesterday, and it showed in what I ate. But I was at a funeral, which kinda messed up my thinking for the day. Anyway, I'm drawing a line under yesterday and moving on.

Today, I've gone back to basics.

B - onion and bacon omelette (made with healthy medallions - f), 2 slices nimble wholemeal (hexb), ketchup (0.5)

S - muller light yoghurt, orange, banana

D - roasted vegetables, tuna

S - popcorn (5.5)

Syns: 6

13. archers33

So I'd got a new cereal, which I thought would be a hexb, as the golden crunch and choc varieties are hexbs, but I checked it online, and it's not listed. So I'm kinda annoyed. Wish I'd checked it before I'd eaten it though...

Sundays are always a tricky day for me. I don't eat my breakfast until I get back from church, which is closer to lunchtime. So I always seem to miss a meal on Sundays. I know I should get up earlier and have breakfast, but I just can't do it, lol.

B - All Bran berry crunch (5), 125ml semi-skim milk (0.5 hexa)

D - boiled potatoes, chicken breast, onions, brocolli, carrots, gravy (2)

Small bag of dolly mixture (5) - I shouldn't have eaten them but I was having one of those days... but it's still within my syns for the day, so I'm not feeling bad about it.

Syns: 12

14. archers33

Sorry I haven't been around. I've got a vomiting bug, and haven't been up to eating or typing. I'm hoping this is only a 48 hour thing, cos I don't think I can take much more.

15. MrsSOS

MrsSOS Well-Known Member

Sorry, Archers, I missed this! Are you feeling better now? So sorry to hear you have been poorly :patback:
    Sending speedy recovery vibes your way :vibes:

Drink LOTS!!! Keeping yourself hydrated is the main priority!
  16. archers33

Thanks. I've stopped being sick, so now I just feel really run down. On the plus side, I lost 3lbs this week - it's amazing what not eating will do, lol. I wouldn't recommend it as a diet of choice though.

17. ACH

ACH Well-Known Member

Ah I hate the vomiting bug I'm usually so prone to bugs!! It's my first winter abroad so I've managed to bypass everything even a cold woohoo! Hope your feeling better Hun xx
  18. archers33

So I'm feeling better, and I'm back at work, so I'll have to be good now. Somehow I find it easier to be good in work - there are still temptations, but it's easier to keep busy.

B - Bleberry Wheats (hexb) and 125ml semi-skim milk (2.5)

S - Alpen light summer fruits (3)

L - baked potato, chicken, small spoonful coleslaw (3), onions, 20g cheedar (hexa), banana, apple, one square caramal chocolate (2)

Total syns: 10.5
    Last edited: 13 February 2014