Bench Dips - 3 sets of 20 reps
Reverse Grip Pressdown - 3 sets of 12 reps
AB'S
Seated Knee Up - 3 sets of 20 reps
Crossover Crunch - 3 sets of 20 reps
Crunch Hands on Chest - 3 sets of 20 reps

Last edited:
Hi CraigA,

Hope you're well. How do you know your exercises are right for you? I've joined a no frills gym & if you want a plan then you need to pay the personal trainers. So I've not bothered & I put together my own plan although sometimes I don't know if I should do more reps or lift heavier e.g on the lateral pulldown.
Is there a website you visit for all exercises or how did you go about setting your plan up.

Take care

Hi CraigA,

Hope you're well. How do you know your exercises are right for you? I've joined a no frills gym & if you want a plan then you need to pay the personal trainers. So I've not bothered & I put together my own plan although sometimes I don't know if I should do more reps or lift heavier e.g on the lateral pulldown.
Is there a website you visit for all exercises or how did you go about setting your plan up.

Take care

To be fair i have sort of winged it and thats probably not the best way to go about things. I have a load of body building/weight training books and mags, so i just use those which have worked. I go for around the 8-12 rep mark on the weights but 12 seems to work best for me. I normally stick to 3 exercises per body part and train 2 body parts per session and do each body part once every 6 days but once a week is fine. As you have seen with my cardio on here i have taken it to the extreme, which is not good. The websites ive used are shape fit just to look at exercises. It might be best to pay for a session just to get a plan off the personal trainer to get you started.

Thursday 22nd November
Cardio
X-Trainer 10 minutes
On the weights i am going to try using the FST-7 training system for a few weeks to see how that goes which basically means on either the first or last exercise you do 7 sets and only have 30-45secs rest in between sets.
Legs
Single Leg Extension - 3 sets of 12 reps
Single Leg Press - 3 sets of 12 reps
Single Leg Curl - 7 sets of 12 reps
Shoulders
Normal grip Machine Press - 3 sets of 12 reps
Inside Grip Machine Press - 3 sets of 12 reps
Smith Machine Shrug - 3 sets of 12 reps
Cable Front Raise - 7 sets of 12 reps
AB'S
Seated Knee Up - 3 sets of 20 reps
Decline Crunch - 3 sets of 20 reps
Hanging Knee Raise - 3 sets of 12 reps

Saturday 24th November
Cardio
Bike - 30 minutes
X-Trainer - 15 minutes
Treadmill - 10 minutes
Back
Pull Ups - 3 sets of 12 reps
Smith Machine Deadlift - 3 sets of 12 reps
V-Bar Pull down - 7 sets of 12 reps
Biceps
21's - 3 sets of 12 reps
Twisting DB Curls - 3 sets of 12 reps
Reverse Curl - 7 sets of 12 reps
AB's
Seated Knee Ups - 3 sets of 20 reps
Cross over Crunch - 3 sets of 20 reps
Butterfly Crunch - 3 sets of 20 reps

Monday 26th November
Cardio
Bike - 15-60 and 30 minute blocks

Not sure what your logs mean? What's 15-60 and how long is a block and what do you do inbetween?

Not sure what your logs mean? What's 15-60 and how long is a block and what do you do inbetween?

It just means i did 15mins 60mins and 30mins on the bike. Theres no science behind it haha i did 15mins when i woke up yesterday then did 60mins about 6:30pm had a break for 30mins then did another 30mins. I dont do anything inbetween just chill out watch tv or something. If i put down ive done blocks thats all it means i might only have 10 mins between doing some more it all depends how i feel that day.

I was planning on doing some other stuff last night but i hurt my neck headbanging in Rock City sat night (sober to) as ive not done it for ages haha. So i was limited to what i could do so just went for the bike in the end as i was going to do my GSP Rushfit but had to give up after the 10 minute warm up as my neck couldnt take it.

Last edited:
Sounds brill! My new motorised treadmill came this morning...raring to go! Also just started a drop a dress size in 4 weeks program...nothing spectacular...strength/toning exercises that take about 15 mins total per day.

How long have you been working out like this for? How much did you do to begin with and what were your increments like?

Sounds brill! My new motorised treadmill came this morning...raring to go! Also just started a drop a dress size in 4 weeks program...nothing spectacular...strength/toning exercises that take about 15 mins total per day.

How long have you been working out like this for? How much did you do to begin with and what were your increments like?

Ive just had look back through some of the first stuff i wrote down and i started on 17th jan. I did about 20 minutes bike (one of those bikes with just the pedals on so you can use your own chair to sit on as i was to big to use an exercise bike) a day then i did a couple of walks at the weekend i can remember them to in the dark about 6 in the morning in the heavy snow all up and down hill to.

I just increased weekly from there doing abit more on the bike and walking further as i wen.

I started on the weights on 18th feb. I did a load of research on what weights to do and just did 2 body parts at a time and 3 exercises per body part. I did each body part once a week and followed that for 12 weeks.

I just increased the intensity and weights as i went through.

Back