My Travel Journey On Slim & Save ~SaDia's Diary~

When do you weigh in? X

My week 1 weigh in was yesturday (Saturday) Id lost 9lbs :D Which was great!

I started on my second week yesturday 100% but I was naughty unfourtunatly :( I decided to take a time out in the evening!!

I'd had a late night the night before and was feeling very tired throughout the day so took a nap later in the evening which caused me to be up later than I normally would.

I should of called it a night but as Im currently working on uni projects I thought I would try and get some in but that failed! (This plan is tough for late night work, but I'm trying to get out of late night working altogether as it's a bad student habit iv'e accumalated which caused me to get so big. I try to get to sleep at a resonable hour now and only binge on water)

I ended up piggin out on toast eggs and cereal! But I did this 100% conciously, this might be weird to some people but I eat when I'm happy. I'm sure others can relate. Unfourtunatly alot of people who are closest to me are the complete opposite they tend to eat when they are down.

I'm not sure if I am classed as an *emotional eater*? I guess I am since being happy is an emotion. But Iv'e always found when I am on a buzz Im happy to binge and not feel one ounce of gulit!

My plan was to just do what I wanted last night and have a good evening just chilling with the b/f and get back on plan today. So in some respect I had a mini vacation at home in front of the telly for once lol.

I'm not sure what the damage is but i'm not fussed im straight back on it today.

LoL I decided to try out the Jillian Michelas 30day shred this morning and managed about 5 mins before I was pannting like a dog Jeeeeez I need to work on my stamina! haha

Im going to work on this gradually. That little bit I did I can feel it!

So todays plan.. Back on plan 100% to the end! for week 2 start!!

I'll re-evaluate it in the next few days. And hopefully learn something new about me in the process. I'd like to do this 100% to the end and get the weight of effectively and as quickly as possible.

I have read in some posts that some on the s&s plan had a blow out at every stone they had lost and managed to loose effectively. I think there is some truth in this.

We shall see.... Day 1 week 2 onwards and downwards..

9lbs is excellent!!!!! Well done you! And well done for getting back on plan lovey x :) x

Thanks Hun! :D 9lbs is brilliant! it's exactly the range I was aiming for!

Hopefully my pig out wont make a huge gain but I feel great today.

I don't think I'm going to do it again though, I'm slowly killing off my cravings and I'd say toast was on my mind more this week then anything else haha.

I'm going to put in an order today I want some more shakes. I think I can live off them, they are sooo mourish and so filling! Going to get myself back on the scales today and do a re count.

Get on this plan 100% it's a new week and i'm more clued up on what to expect.

Are you looking forawrd to your start Tuesday Sonia? I like most of the food. up to now but i'm loving the shakes. The cottage pie up to now I havn't enjoyed as much but It's edible. lol

x

SlimFaster said:
Thanks Hun! :D 9lbs is brilliant! it's exactly the range I was aiming for!

Hopefully my pig out wont make a huge gain but I feel great today.

I don't think I'm going to do it again though, I'm slowly killing off my cravings and I'd say toast was on my mind more this week then anything else haha.

I'm going to put in an order today I want some more shakes. I think I can live off them, they are sooo mourish and so filling! Going to get myself back on the scales today and do a re count.

Get on this plan 100% it's a new week and i'm more clued up on what to expect.

Are you looking forawrd to your start Tuesday Sonia? I like most of the food. up to now but i'm loving the shakes. The cottage pie up to now I havn't enjoyed as much but It's edible. lol

x

You seem to be in a really positive frame of mind. I think that's key to doing well on a diet. At least you got some of your cravings out the way. My friend lost 4 stones on this and sometimes took weekends off to eat what she wanted to. I'm not saying it's ok before someone tells me off for it :D But it kept her sane! She's maintaining now so I wouldn't worry too much hun. She's given me 9 packs so I'm actually starting tomorrow instead of Tuesday. I'm as prepared for tomorrow as I can be. Fingers crossed! X

You seem to be in a really positive frame of mind. I think that's key to doing well on a diet. At least you got some of your cravings out the way. My friend lost 4 stones on this and sometimes took weekends off to eat what she wanted to. I'm not saying it's ok before someone tells me off for it :D But it kept her sane! She's maintaining now so I wouldn't worry too much hun. She's given me 9 packs so I'm actually starting tomorrow instead of Tuesday. I'm as prepared for tomorrow as I can be. Fingers crossed! X

WOW 4 stone is great! hahah you won't be told off on here!!

Being in the right frame of mind is key. This forum is also a huge bonus as you get all the support you need and it's also a great way to express yourself. Iv'e never kept a diary in my life (Iv'e always wanted to) and I was encouraged to as it does help keep things in check!

So it's deffinatly helped me keep on track.

Yay! I'm glad your starting tommorow. I bet it's a great motivator seeing your friends success on this? i know it would be for me.

Good luck for tommorow once your over day 1 it does get easier to get into it.

xx

SlimFaster said:
WOW 4 stone is great! hahah you won't be told off on here!!

Being in the right frame of mind is key. This forum is also a huge bonus as you get all the support you need and it's also a great way to express yourself. Iv'e never kept a diary in my life (Iv'e always wanted to) and I was encouraged to as it does help keep things in check!

So it's deffinatly helped me keep on track.

Yay! I'm glad your starting tommorow. I bet it's a great motivator seeing your friends success on this? i know it would be for me.

Good luck for tommorow once your over day 1 it does get easier to get into it.

xx

Thanks hun. This forum seems great. Other ones seemed quite intimidating but I found this one quite friendly. I'm not much of a diary keeper either but know that this will help me. I am lucky that I've got friends and family who are supportive of vlc diets and I've seen a few success stories. I do have a few family members who like to scare me but I've decided to ignore them!

Day 1 of Week 2 Done!! - D9

After a day break after week one was over I got straight back onto the horse.

Breakfast Banana Shake
Lunch Vanilla Shake
Dinner Spagetti bolognese and salad
Supper Original Oatmeal

It's been an easy day today but feel quite satisfied still from my break.

I am deffinetly out of ketosis now and put on a few lbs but I'm still feeling quite motivated and determined to carry on.

My goal now is to complete my 2nd week off 100% again but this time raising my water intake and limiting my coke zero amount to maybe 3 bottles maxium per week.

I also plan to limit my coffee intake too as well as cutting out smoking altogether. I've dratically cut down last week and hope to eliminate all my bad habbits all together :)

My 1st week has brought on so many positive changes I didn't expect to see so much of a change so quickly. But i'm glad I did.

I hope to see much more great improvements and this time will continue to stick to plan for full 2 week 100% without taking any breaks.

Here's to the rest of week 2 and beyond....Toodles

Last edited:
Well done on your 9lb loss :) I am enjoying your diary very inspiring... X

Hey hun just popping in to say hello! I was on s&s this year for 10 weeks then came off it but now im back :D Well done on ur first week, and wow 9lb loss thats brilliant!!!
xxx

Well done on your 9lb loss :) I am enjoying your diary very inspiring... X

Thanks, Katie.

Im glad you find my diary inspiring that's really great. There's alot of inspiring diaries on here and it's helped me so much. Glad I can give back that inspiration :)

Your losses are amazing :O you've done so well sticking to it, have you been on slim and save all the way through?

I'd like to carry on to the end on slim and save. providing the losses are substantial.

haha I have Shred to managed 5 mins youv'e done great on it too. I do like the workout over many others I have collected over the years :D

Hey hun just popping in to say hello! I was on s&s this year for 10 weeks then came off it but now im back :D Well done on ur first week, and wow 9lb loss thats brilliant!!!
xxx

Hi Hun,

wow 10 weeks and your back on it is great. I hope to get to 12 weeks but 10 alone would be brilliant.

Was it easy getting back onto it after your break? I'd like to think it's easy but I can imagine it being difficult after being on it for soo long then coming off xx

SlimFaster said:
Thanks, Katie.

Im glad you find my diary inspiring that's really great. There's alot of inspiring diaries on here and it's helped me so much. Glad I can give back that inspiration :)

Your losses are amazing :O you've done so well sticking to it, have you been on slim and save all the way through?

I'd like to carry on to the end on slim and save. providing the losses are substantial.

haha I have Shred to managed 5 mins youv'e done great on it too. I do like the workout over many others I have collected over the years :D

I have been on slim and save since jan dropped most of the 8 stone with it. Had the last month or 2 off as I'm fasting Ramadan but I feel comfortable enough fasting now to start again to drop the last 35lb x

Thanks hun :) I tried again after id been on it for 10 weeks and i couldnt do it, but i was so chuffed with what id lost i wasnt too bothered, im back now because i cant seem to lose anymore weight so im determined this time i will be seing it through!! I suppose it depends on ur frame of mind at the time.It will fly by honestly, my 10 weeks did not feel like 10 weeks xxx

I have been on slim and save since jan dropped most of the 8 stone with it. Had the last month or 2 off as I'm fasting Ramadan but I feel comfortable enough fasting now to start again to drop the last 35lb x

WOW 8 stone! Lady that is brilliant. It's so reasuring the amount people have lost on this plan in such a short time. I really hope iv'e hit the holy grail of diet plans. Ahhh that's cool so are you fasting atm or starting the plan? xx

Thanks hun :) I tried again after id been on it for 10 weeks and i couldnt do it, but i was so chuffed with what id lost i wasnt too bothered, im back now because i cant seem to lose anymore weight so im determined this time i will be seing it through!! I suppose it depends on ur frame of mind at the time.It will fly by honestly, my 10 weeks did not feel like 10 weeks xxx

I bet it would be difficult to get back on it, and I totally agree i'd be the same with the loss I wouldn't feel so bad. I had a mini break at the weekend and I didn't feel guilty because my first loss was the biggest amount i'v lost in like forever? hahah. Sad I know but I was so happy and It's taken me 2 days now to get back to my loss weight.

This plan has just taught me that I can control my food. Once i loose it I'm more than sure I'd be able to maintain it. It's if I decide to loose more after coming off plan I know I'll prob struggle with as I do tend to over do it on portions. But hopefully after x amount of weeks on sns I hope the portion control is firmly engraved haha. xx

SlimFaster said:
WOW 8 stone! Lady that is brilliant. It's so reasuring the amount people have lost on this plan in such a short time. I really hope iv'e hit the holy grail of diet plans. Ahhh that's cool so are you fasting atm or starting the plan? xx

I am fasting at the moment I want to try to do the plan while fasting even if I have to add extra packs... I'm going on holiday the middle of september to see my in laws and want to be as low as possible.

I am sure you will do great :) its a fab plan which with the variety really doesn't feel so difficult x

I am fasting at the moment I want to try to do the plan while fasting even if I have to add extra packs... I'm going on holiday the middle of september to see my in laws and want to be as low as possible.

I am sure you will do great :) its a fab plan which with the variety really doesn't feel so difficult x

That's a good idea, so are you just going to open your fast will all the packs I suppose?

Im from a muslim background but Im not a brilliant muslim lol Im not fasting this year at all... :S

How are they going for you?

SlimFaster said:
That's a good idea, so are you just going to open your fast will all the packs I suppose?

Im from a muslim background but Im not a brilliant muslim lol Im not fasting this year at all... :S

How are they going for you?

I'm going to open with a meal pack with extra protein and veg... Then later have a bar with my coffee :) to close I'm going to have a shake with some boiled eggs and maybe a pack of the porridge and see how I get on.

They are going well to be honest I was a bit worried as they are long but the longer I do it the better I feel...

I'm going to open with a meal pack with extra protein and veg... Then later have a bar with my coffee :) to close I'm going to have a shake with some boiled eggs and maybe a pack of the porridge and see how I get on.

They are going well to be honest I was a bit worried as they are long but the longer I do it the better I feel...

Oh thats a good plan, Im glad they are going well for you so far. Good on you, great determination there :)

I looove your hearts on your signature, how did you do them? they look awesome .xx

SlimFaster said:
Oh thats a good plan, Im glad they are going well for you so far. Good on you, great determination there :)

I looove your hearts on your signature, how did you do them? they look awesome .xx

I copied and pasted someone else's lol feel free to copy mine :) I just need to get into the 12s next and I'll worry about everything else later

Day 2 Week 2 Done!! - D10

The days on this plan seem to be getting alot easier, I am also finding myself very full.

Im hoping I've gone back in ketosis, Iv'e held back on testing as from prior experience I was in ketosis by day 4 onwards.

But nontherless I'm findidn cravings are to a minimum and hunger is little.

I have however gone onto 4 packs a day this week, I wonder if this has something to do with it as I get to have my four packs and my veg allowance whereas last week I was only on 3 with my veg allowance and protein? Hmm I wonder.

Either way I think I will be sticking to 4 packs and veg a day.

Today I had;

Breakfast : Strawberry shake. Again I made this hot, I still havn't had any of the shakes cold. I proberbly should as everytime I make these shakes hot I find im having to clean up some spills from the explosions that re occur when I shake lol!

I didn't like the strawberry shake too much it wasn't thick enough and left a sour after taste.

Lunch; Chocolate shake, I didn't care for this shake either. Iv'e deffinetly have my selected few shakes now, I still find the shakes filling. This time however I found myself with a headache an hour or so after having my shake. This passed after I had my dinner

Dinner ; Macaroni cheese! Omg this is the second time I made this and this time I let it sit in water for a bit before cooking which helped loads as the pasta cooked alot better. It's deffinatly a satisfying meal. I find this and the spag bolognese to make adequate amounts. And if prepared with the veg allowance almost make enough to fill me through out the evening. I can live off the mac n cheese for sure! And to be able to have this on this plan is great as it's naturally a high calorie meal.

Tea; Spagetti Bolonese and Salad - scrummy. I love s&s meals :D

Today been really good, Brains deffinetly caught up with the plan, meals are alot more filling and i'm not craving anything outside my plan.

I had a coke zero today which I did question whether to have or not. But iv'e cut my coffee intake dramatically. I still have loads of my milk allowance left at the end of the night for the second night running yay!

Hopefully coke zero will eventually cut down and out.

Iv'e have well over 2.5l of water today It may well be 3.5l by the end of the night as Iv'e noticed having 4 packs is leaving my more thirsty.

Iv'e dropped back down to my loss weight this morning which I'm chuffed to bits about. I'm learning some great lessons being on this plan. I'd realised on my last diet just how quickly weight is lost and put on which I hadn't realised before.

Seeing how quickly the scales have gone up and down makes me feel a bit better as I understand how energy is used and burned now. Also after my break it's eased of any worries about days I need to be off plan. Which will be limited until I get to goal now.

Overall a good day today and it's taught me that I can deffinately stick to it. Also I have noticed the slight difference in mind set being out of ketosis. I found ketosis helped clear my mind and helped me focus on the *bigger picture* alot more.

Really looking forward to my next WI and getting my -20lbs off for my August challenge which I'm more than confident I'll be able to do.

For now going to get on with Uni work as Im seeing my tutor next week eeek!

Toodles xx

Last edited:
Back