My Travel Journey On Slim & Save ~SaDia's Diary~

Morning hun, congrats on day 2, bring on day 3!! have a lovely day xx

I like reading that the days get easier on this plan. Phew! I'm so excited for your next weigh in too hunny!!! I think you'll meet your August challenge, in fact, I KNOW that you will. I'm off to bed now to read and mentally prepare for tomorrow. Well done for doing this diet so well. Goodnight lovey x x

Day 3 Week 2 DONE!! D10

Boom I feel great today! This plan has gotten so much easier and Iv'e been able to juggle my life around it easier than I thought.

Today has been the easiest by far and this week overall I havn't felt hungry.

Today Breakfast; Sweet porridge

Lunch; Thai Soup - Omg this was a suprise,It was so lush.I avoided it from my sample pack as I have it in my head soup wouldn't be very filling and boy was I wrong. It filled me up good and proper. I'm glad I tried it today too as Iv'e placed a months order and I got in a range of soup aswell

Dinner; Chicken Soup Mmmmm again this was tasty and soooo filling, I almost think I can live off these for the entire diet lol..Let's see.

Tea; Tomato chilli and salad.

I wonder if the reason for my lack of hunger is because Iv'e opted for 4 meals a day instead of 3 + a protein meal? Hmmm I wonder. Aslong as I see the same effects i'll deffinetly stick to this plan!

I'm still not in ketosis bleurgh as I suspected I just thought It may have been one of the reasons I havn't felt hungry. But i'm sure it's down to my state of mind adjusting to the restriction.

I do hope I get into ketosis within the same time as last time it would be great as this week iv'e avoided all the annoying body changes I had to go through last week. Last time I could actually feel everything shifting around in preparation hahah I know a bit dramatic but it's the only way to describe what was going on.

I could feel physical changes as well as mental ones.

Got a huuuge months pack due tommorow, the novelty still hasn't worn down I still feel excited when i'm due an order. It's going to be my last order for a while now, I ordered the 140 pack so for the next 35 days il be on that box. I just hope I what Iv'e ordered keeps me interested all the way through.

I'm sure it will. Iv'e loved all my meals up to now, I try to alternate each meal so I don't get sick of any of them.

But I don't think I will I've gotten into that frame of mind where I'm too focused now on shifting this weight once and for all I have so much at stake now.

My weights literally messed up my education with all the health complications I was having this year and Iv'e managed to reverse alot of them but it's stopped me progressing onto my final year. I have untill the end of August to turn it around. Otherwise I miss my opportunity to spend a month in China, and if that happens I would be devastated.

So this is it!! Bye bye flubber dub dub be gone! Sick of dragging you about, plus if you don't go I won't fit in that plane seat boooo lol hahah....

Cant wait for ketosis.

Day 4 here I come....

Last edited:
You've got a lovely goal of China amongst other things. So nice. I hope you get to go too and by the looks of it I reckon you will!

Do you test for ketosis using those sticks you wee on? I've been given those but some people on minimins have said not to trust them as they don't always detect ketosis or something. So, maybe you are already in it. My friends however, swear by them so I will be using them but won't test until the weekend. Have a fab day today Sadia. You changed your name from slim faster and I wasn't sure it was you. Sadia is a gorgeous name x x

Aww thanks Sonia, I changed it because SlimFaster was the one thing on my mind,at the time I signed onto this forum and since Iv'e become more active on here thought it wasn't appropriate anymore. Sonia is a very lush name indeed.

Yeah I cam across the same posts too saying not to bother with them but I wanted to decide for myself. And tbh I think they are spot on. Iv'e played around with different times of the day and found it makes no difference. I tend to go for first thing in the morning as this is usually the sample that Drs use when they test for stuff. But Iv'e found, whatever the reading is in the morning tends to be the reading throught the day. Maybe everyones different..Just do what suits you once you.

I also got the 100 ketone pack which is like the 2nd used brand after ketostix and iv'e found to get a reading straight away and not after 40+ secs like the pack suggests waiting.

Good idea the weekend gives you enough time as I think its 3 days onwards before the ketones are detected.

Hope your day is good today Sonia xx :)

Ur doing amazing!! And wow china that Would be so cool!!!!

Ive never bothered with the stix either!! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

oO~SaDiA~Oo said:
Sonia is a very lush name indeed.
Why thank you!! :) x x

oO~SaDiA~Oo said:
Yeah I cam across the same posts too saying not to bother with them but I wanted to decide for myself. And tbh I think they are spot on. Iv'e played around with different times of the day and found it makes no difference. I tend to go for first thing in the morning as this is usually the sample that Drs use when they test for stuff. But Iv'e found, whatever the reading is in the morning tends to be the reading throught the day. Maybe everyones different..Just do what suits you once you.

I also got the 100 ketone pack which is like the 2nd used brand after ketostix and iv'e found to get a reading straight away and not after 40+ secs like the pack suggests waiting.

Good idea the weekend gives you enough time as I think its 3 days onwards before the ketones are detected.

Hope your day is good today Sonia xx :)

My friend gave me the ketostix brand. I tested one earlier and it didn't show a colour. I know I'm not in ketosis but just wanted to check to see if the sticks work. I would've been disappointed if they showed up red or whatever colour they are meant to when in ketosis!!

So weekend will be the next time I check. I've managed to do ok so far but I'm starving!!! Have a lovely evening x x

Yeah it would be amazing if you went into ketosis this quickly but I dont think it's possible lol, defoo give it until the weekend. Thanks Hun you too xxx

Last edited:
Day 4 Done Week 2!! D11

Todays not been such a productive day, It started off promising but by 6oclock I was ready for bed.

I decided to try the cream soda today, and I think this has had an impact on the way I feel. Iv had negative reactions to sweet food and drink for a while now and was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and since then managed to reverese my levels.

I'm not suffereing the same as before it's not as bad but it is actually putting me on a downer. So I took a nap until 11pm I also missed a meal. But iv'e just had my last meal of the day. I didn't want to be eating after 8pm but I had no choice.
I don't feel as bad as I did before now but im still not feeling peachy :S Maybe iv'e over done it with the cream soda as I just assumed I could have as much as I liked. But I have a feeling it's not good for ketosis like the coke zero is. I hope not it's been a pleasent addition today. Lets see hmm.

Luckily my appetite supresses itself when I feel crap but I do tend to want smoke when I feel like this, but iv'e refused to buy a pack. Iv'e been having a rollie on a morning from OH in an attempt to cut down.

Cant have one until he's back from work now noooo.

Today I had; Breakfast Original Oatmeal
Lunch - Tomato Soup, my months supply arrived today and I ordered the tomato soup and curry. The soup was ok not as tomatoey as I'd have liked. It smelt and tasted like the tomato chilli if anything just without the chilli :D

Dinner; Macaroni n Cheese- Love this meal it's so cheesy and the pasta is filling.

Tea, chilli con carne and salad.

Iv lost track on how much water Iv'e had today but I don't think it's enough so will be filling myself up on this before I go to bed.

Really hope ketosis kicks in soon. I just want the loses back as I dont seem to be loosing much more atm boo...

Bring on ketosis!

Hey hun sorry ur feeling abit rubbish, how much cream soda did u have? I limit myself to 2 cans per day, as then i wont drink my water allowance. I had nearly a full litre botle of coke the other day without even realising just going back having sips, its safe to say it kept me up most the night lol

Hope todays a better day for u xxx

Hope today is loads better for you. Maybe try limiting the cream soda and up the water. I found just after slurping a little, I was a bit dehydrated but that could have been the coke zero too. Once I'd glugged enough water I was ok x x

Hey hun sorry ur feeling abit rubbish, how much cream soda did u have? I limit myself to 2 cans per day, as then i wont drink my water allowance. I had nearly a full litre botle of coke the other day without even realising just going back having sips, its safe to say it kept me up most the night lol

Hope todays a better day for u xxx

Oh no lol, I hate when you can't get to sleep. Iv'e not had problems with caffiene before bed infact it puts me to sleep maybe it's the over stimulant my brains like woooooo no need to shut down ahha.. That's what I think happened. I let myself drink it without realising I'd drank a litres worth arrrgh.. But i made sure Iv'e had plenty of water last night which helped.

Today i'm going to stick to water if I can help it. xx

Hope today is loads better for you. Maybe try limiting the cream soda and up the water. I found just after slurping a little, I was a bit dehydrated but that could have been the coke zero too. Once I'd glugged enough water I was ok x x

Water did help I was feeling alot better later on in the evening. I'm going to try cut it out today altogether and see how I feel . xx

Dear Diary; Yesturday I decided to take a week off plan, im doing fine on plan during the day and I am sure I can keep to this diet under normal circumstances.

The problem Im facing is when it comes to nights, I'm having to go to bed early-ish in order to keep the hunger away and at the moment it's conflicting with my plans. I'm needing to spend long hours working on my uni work in order to catch up and progress onto my next year.

So my entire day consists of work work work. And at the moment i'm needing to pull some all nighters.

My initial plan was to introduce another pack into my diet as I am needing more calories for brain function but this didn't work last night I still needed more, Iv'e always found nibbling on fruit and nuts throughout the nights sufficient for me to get through so I will do this.

Im also concidering taking on JUDDD for a week having Balanced meals on my UP days and sticking to Yogurt pots and fruit on my down days. As spacing out my carb intake like that is likely to stop me from putting on those few pounds im likely to put on before I get back but I know I will get them back off soon. And once I have handed in my work I will have a good month run on s&s without anything else making it harder for me.

Iv'e had a good couple of week on here and will surely miss everyone. But I will be back sooon. Hopefully next time I'm on I'll be free as a bird and ready to rolll see you! :) xx

Hunny, it seems like a good plan. Here to support whatever you decide. You've done amazingly well on slim and save and you'll do just as well on JUDDD or any other plan you embark on x x

Good luck chick, you need to do what fits best with you :) xxx

What a difference 48 hours can make!...

I made the decision to jump onto the Juddd wagon for a week. I went with the common 2 up days and I feel awful! Struggling to get 2000 cals a day! yeesh. Cant win on diets haha. it's my DD tommorow which is 500 cal tops! Been feeling soo ill today and really regret coming off s&s so early. I thought it wouldn't have such an effect on me. I'd rather restrict my food intake and feel the way I did on s&s then have the choice of any food and feel as uber rubbish as I do now :(

So my decision atm is to just get back on s&s as from tommorow and work around my days that way.

Because atm I can see this current plan not working for me at all.. JUDDD is more about a lifestlye change and I'm not ready to take control of my food habbits I need them to be controlled for me.

lol I know it sounds pethetic but It's only just come to my attention this last few weeks on why I really put weight on I'm not a fussy enough eater.

I wouldn't be overweight if I had a routine...heck I wouldn't be overweight if I had my own butler lol but I don't have that privelege heheh

So i'm guessing I'll be back sooner than I thought :) xx

Hey hun, i always struggled to fit my 2000 in, so i ended up eating things i didnt want to to get there, like cake and lots of it lol although i love juddd, i found at the time it could of sent me the wrong way as my head wasnt ready to eat treats, does that make sence?? lol
Welcome back to s&s then :D xxx

Hey hun, i always struggled to fit my 2000 in, so i ended up eating things i didnt want to to get there, like cake and lots of it lol although i love juddd, i found at the time it could of sent me the wrong way as my head wasnt ready to eat treats, does that make sence?? lol
Welcome back to s&s then :D xxx

Stef! that's meee lol you hit the nail right on the head. I didn't think it would go like that, I planned on eating healthy balanced meals but when it came down to it, I was needing to eat more than I would normally. And filled in the rest with rubbish and just felt ill :cry:
I'm glad I gave it a go, It's opened up alot of doors for me and I also see where I can go after s&s.Oh well it's all about finding what fits. Life is all about adjustments. I'm going to take it a day at a time.

Good luck with slim and save hun. What you say makes so much sense to me x x

aww thanks hun, yeah I didn't think it would make me this miserable. I'm just not ready for it. I'll keep popping in because I like alot of the advice on that forum. which I'm hoping will work out for me too. have a good day xXx

Last edited:
Back