1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

My Travels

Discussion in 'Holidays' started by Bananas, 31 August 2008 Social URL.

1. Bananas

Bananas Well-Known Member

Theres so much to see!!! But its so exciting! I think I'm going to aim to leave sometime between June-August next year and just see where I end up.

Anyone have any travel/holiday stories or plans???

Last edited: 20 November 2012
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. margaretmc

margaretmc Well-Known Member

Hi I don't know if youve heard of couch-surfing its a web site you join and you can go all over the world . You stay in peoples homes and you return the favour . The only thing you pay is your air fair it might help you . Good luck and take care . Have a great time on your travels .
    MARGARET XX
    PS
    I`D LIKE TO LET YOU KNOW ABOUT
    www.couchsurfing.com

Last edited: 3 April 2009
  4. thunderthighs

thunderthighs Well-Known Member

My DH is working in Curacao at the moment and I'm flying out to join him on Monday....all planned yesterday! Looks like a lovely island, will post about it when I get back :D

5. PurpleButterfly

PurpleButterfly 16lb to go!

Ooh sounds exciting! And I totally know what you mean about getting the travel bug. I went travelling round africa in 2005 for 6 months. I SO want to go again for a good stint.
    Mind you I'm going to new zealand for a month, next month! that's cool I think...

You planning to go alone?

6. thunderthighs

thunderthighs Well-Known Member

Got back from Curacao last Tuesday and can highly recommend it....not cheap though :eek: Weather was great, plenty of sunshine with big fluffy clouds that break up the sizzling heat. Had a private beach at the hotel but we went for a drive round one day and found a beautiful beach with not many people on. Just a shame it's not closer!

7. Bananas

Bananas Well-Known Member