My Trial Week on the Unit Diet

Trash

Still fighting
Ok - I had a rubbish WI result with WW this week even though I've earned 12 Activity points and stuck to the diet......So
I'm going to do The Unit Diet for a week to see if my WI next week is any better.

I have 10 Units per day

Todays menu and points

Breakfast - Oats so simple =1

Lunch - 2 x wholemeal bread,spread and half tin of baked beans = 3.5
Snack 2 finger kit kat = 1.5

Dinner - Uncle bens sweet and sour chicken and rice = 2.5

TOTAL = 8.5

Leaves me 1.5 for a snack later or to save for the weekend ;)

Would be great if anyone else is doing this diet could post on here too so we can compare etc x

Ok Day 2

Menu

1 bowl of cornflakes (unlimited amount) = 0 units

6 Ryvita's, 2 laughing cow triangles, tomatoes and cucumber & bannana = 1 Unit

Homemade chick curry & rice with Mango chutney small portion of oven chips = 4 units

TOTAL = 5 Units
Leaves 5 Units (prop have snack in the eve)

Anyone else doing this plan??

Hi Tracey,

Your menu's are looking really good - well done.

Yes I restarted this plan and have been doing it for nearly 4 weeks now - have lost about 5lbs so far (am in the middle of week 3).

I stick to about 7-8 units a day as I was sts or losing only 0.5 lb a week on 10 units when I did the plan for the first time about 2 years ago. It is different for everyone though and some people lose more on 10 units.

Good luck!

Louisa x

Hi Tracey,

Your menu's are looking really good - well done.

Yes I restarted this plan and have been doing it for nearly 4 weeks now - have lost about 5lbs so far (am in the middle of week 3).

I stick to about 7-8 units a day as I was sts or losing only 0.5 lb a week on 10 units when I did the plan for the first time about 2 years ago. It is different for everyone though and some people lose more on 10 units.

Good luck!

Louisa x

Hi Louisa

Thanks for your input! I'm struggling to eat 10 units a day as you can see from my menu plans!

Yesterday I have 2 units left and today will have 5! Not going to eat for the sake of eating my units so maybe good idea to stick with 8 like you have.

5 lbs is a good loss - I wouldn't complain at that!

I've got the Unit diet plan book bought it second hand. Its got the fast track plan in there and also the Twist plan - have you tried any of those?

Tracey

Yep 10 units a day is a lot of food!

My maths is terrible - I've lost 7lbs not 5!! :D

I haven't heard about the twist plan - what is it? I have a paper copy of the fast track plan, I really couldn't survive on rice crispies alone for breakfast though!!

Louisa x

Yep 10 units a day is a lot of food!

My maths is terrible - I've lost 7lbs not 5!! :D

I haven't heard about the twist plan - what is it? I have a paper copy of the fast track plan, I really couldn't survive on rice crispies alone for breakfast though!!

Louisa x

7lbs is even better :D

Twist is 8 units a day with a few adjustments to zero foods i.e.no more than one bannana a day and only 2 slices of bread a day, and either 75g pasta or rice or 225g potato a day. Plus make sur e you drink 1.5 - 2 litres of water each day Its supposed to boost your weight loss.

I've also had reply about what the changes are to the Unit diet - and they say only a few minor tweeks main one being that rice and pasta no longer free and also that only free breakfast cereals are now cornflakes, rice crispies and special k (i thought that was the only one's anyway)

ok

DAY 3

Oats so Simple = 1 unit

Small portion of chick curry and rice = 1.5

Kit kat = 2

Jacket pot
tuna with mayo light
salad and sweetcorn = 0.5 units

3 digestive biscuits = 2

Total = 8 units

I'm doing ok regarding hunger - just impatient to see results on scales on Tuesday! :eek:

I received the new plan book today so if you need any info ask away...

Angie xx

Ok Weigh in Day is looming (2moro) - a little nervous as went over on Sat night couldn't resist Chocolate Tarte and icecream :eek:

So today I'm doing Fast Track (which is just 2 units) to try and pull it back!

menu
Corn Flakes and skimmed milk (unlimited) = 0 units

2 wholemeal rolls, salad and branston pickle = 1 unit

Chicken, veg, boiled potatoes, gravy = 1 unit

Peaches in juice = 0 units

Banana = 0 units

Am hoping for a loss 2moro x

WI day

I've lost 2 lb's ;) :p :D

Am well pleased with that as Totm is looming and I usually gain!

I def made sure i drank as much water as poss though as they keep banging on about it!

Todays Menu

Cornflakes and skimmed milk = 0

Fish finger Sandwich
3 fish fingers = 1
2 slices medium brown bread = 0.5
Tomato ketchup = 0
Muller Yog = 0
Fruit = 0
Frazzles = 1.5

Chilli = 1.5
Jacket pot

Total = 4.5

Snack later ? = 1.5

= 7 units (will carry over 1 for wk end)

Needless to say I'm sticking with this as I've found I'm less hungry with it - If i do get the hunger pangs I have a bowl of cereal! Which is great as I usually get munchies around 8pm and cereal isn't too heavy to eat at that time of night.

I hope anyone else who is doing this plan is having great results too ;o) x

Back