my tummy feels odd :$

twinkabelle

Hi All,

I was on my way to work this morning, my radio is broken so i was just mulling life over etc,

when i realised i felt really odd, i couldnt pin point the problem to begin with but then i felt it... the odd sensation in my tummy!!!!!!! what could be wrong?

then it hit me! my tummy feels as it SHOULD feel, neither empty NOR full!!!!

this is how a healthy persons tummy feels!

i dont recall the last time i felt like this, im either hungry or full from eating!

it's odd but great! and def something i want to keep going!!

loving SS xx

It's a whole new thing, isn't it! I'm getting used to it. I haven't opened my fridge in days now, my stomach isn't sending me the 'eat now' signals. Can only be a good thing! I need to educate my tummy into understanding that once I've eaten a meal, I don't need to eat and eat till the next meal. I'm not going to starve to death!

totally agree x

i can tell now 70% of my eating before was mindless boredom, emotional rubbish x

this is a real eye opener to me x

One of the criticisms of VLCDs in general seems to be that they don't re-educate you, that you go strait back to eating badly. But I've learnt a lot about my body- i don't need to stuff myself to bursting at each meal to get through the day, I won't be hungry on a smaller portion, I can get through the day without snacking constantly. But most importantly, I can get though cooking food for the kids without eating some, or making extra for me!

This is exactly why I think a VLCD is a perfect educator. I bet the people who say it have never been on a VLCD and therefore they don't realise the effect that it has. x x

i think its a wonderful thing to actually recognise the difference,

on ww etc all i ever thought about was food, what can i eat next... how many points do i have left.... not healthy me thinks....

VLCD is amazing and i think this will def help me keep the weight off for good x

I absolutely agree twink I used to do ww's and it made me obsessed about how much food I could cram in for my daily points allowance.

This diet actually gets you listening to your body again and recognising the signals.

One of the criticisms of VLCDs in general seems to be that they don't re-educate you, that you go strait back to eating badly. But I've learnt a lot about my body- i don't need to stuff myself to bursting at each meal to get through the day, I won't be hungry on a smaller portion, I can get through the day without snacking constantly. But most importantly, I can get though cooking food for the kids without eating some, or making extra for me!

Agree, agree! I'm at the unbelieveable point of having to make myself eat up all my soups/shakes. I have porridge for brekkie, a bar for lunch (at work) and for the past few days I no longer feel any hunger after lunch. I KNOW I have to finish each days intake so I do, but really, I'm learning that I can cope with much less food -when I think of what I used to get through a day :eek:

It's quite an empowering feeling isn't it; that you have complete control over what you consume without your body trying to decide for you. I'm not suggesting that it's the same thing at all but I wonder if the element of control is how anorexics feel when they decide not to eat? I'm in no way in danger of becoming anorexic as I love food too much but I do like the control element.

Absolutely Borders. It is about control and away from the routine and ketosis of a VLCD diet, I have little of that. Right now, I'm aware that I'm living with a false sense of security. Not meaning to be a debbie-downer but it's a fact. I will manage the refeeding and maintenance somehow, right now I have precious breathing space to figure that all out -ish and yikes!

Last edited:
Back