• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

My version of re-feed for one week? Any thoughts?

IrishMum

A little of everything!
Well, some of you know I'm re-feeding from Friday for a family wedding the following Friday. I'm re-starting LT the next day. I know that to allow myself a few drinks I need to re-feed for the whole week, but as it's a temporary break I was going to re-jig it a little so that it might be easier to get back into ketosis?

What I was going to do was:

Day 1 & 2- Shake, shake, Small meal as per re-feed instructions (instead of just for day 1)
Day 3 & 4- Shake, 2 small meals as per re-feed instructions
Day 5 & 6- Shake, 2 Small meals as per re-feed instructions with small amount of carbs at 1 meal.
Day 7- Wedding- Shake, wedding meal (being sensible- no bread roll, gravy, dessert, etc.) and a few beers.

Does this sound okay? It's basically doing the re-feed, but doing 2 days at a time instead of one day at a time, if that makes sense?

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

LondonIrishOllie

Pensively Posting
sounds good by the looks of it but no beers I would think.. If you're gonna drink drink something less calorific.. Vodka/gin soda water/slimline tonic or diet coke or something.

kered

Gold Member
Hi, yes it looks okay, as long as you are out of ketosis you will be okay to drink alcohol at the wedding, but be warned, the alcohol will affect you a lot quicker than it used to do. Can you do a test to make sure you are out of ketosis on the day of the wedding (alcohol)?
I know you are going straight back onto lipotrim, but make sure you have protein at your meals, and maybe add 1 piece of fruit on day 5+6, as you will still need to have sufficient nutrients.

Enjoy the wedding.
I am off to Nottingham for the weekend to see my Son, he is 26 and alcohol and chinese is on the menu (argggghhh!*!), I am going to have to have LOTS of control.

IrishMum

A little of everything!
sounds good by the looks of it but no beers I would think.. If you're gonna drink drink something less calorific.. Vodka/gin soda water/slimline tonic or diet coke or something.
Hmmm..might be a good idea? Me & all my friends drink coors lite (95cals a bottle!) so I was going to stick to that (for handiness sakes in rounds etc.?) but if I swapped to 1/2 ones I could get away with only drinking alcohol every 2nd round? Hmm....got me thinking now!
As Kered said- it'll affect me quicker since I haven't drank in a few months so I'll need to pace myself.
Thanks!

IrishMum

A little of everything!
I know you are going straight back onto lipotrim, but make sure you have protein at your meals, and maybe add 1 piece of fruit on day 5+6, as you will still need to have sufficient nutrients.
I will- lean meat/fish with no sauces/gravy's! :D
I'll have some melon on standby- I'm not a fruit lover at ALL, but can eat veg til it comes out my nose!

Yeah, looks grand to me, tho having never actually re-fed, I've just binged like a champion instead - just pace it as you say. You seem very focussed and determined so you should be grand. :D

Enjoy yourself!!

IrishMum

A little of everything!
Please God I'll manage to get back on track! I could've waited until after this wedding to start LT, but then I'd still be almost 1 stone heavier than I am now! My next family wedding is at the end of June- so I hope to be nearly at goal by then?

You are doing great and being very sensible about the whole thing. Have a super time, if you concentrate on going around talking to everyone, you may find you dont have time to sit and swig the alcohol!