1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

My VLCD weight loss diary

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by HEmam, 8 January 2014 Social URL.

1. HEmam

HEmam Well-Known Member

Thought I'd start a weigh in diary to help me keep track. I've just finished week 1.

Start weight: 14st 10lb
    Week 1 loss: 10lbs (14st)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. LH181

LH181 Member

Wow that's amazing, I'm on day 2 so I hope I do as well!

4. Miss Demeanour

Miss Demeanour I.P. Freely

Excellent news! :)

Watch out for week two, and hang in there x

5. HEmam

HEmam Well-Known Member

Thanks, I've found this weekend hard going Not because I've been hungry, just fancying everything! Bread, cheese & crackers, pasta & cheese, curry.... Arghhh. I had a naughty 5 mins on Friday night and ate about half dozen chocs from a box of black magic, whoops! Other than that I've kept well within calls and carbs. Focusing on our holiday in May. Need to be slim enough to wear comfortable clothes (shorts, vest tops, maybe even a skirt!!) Need to get my holiday count down board down to motivate me xx

6. Miss Demeanour

Biology is an amazing thing. Cravings are perfectly natural, but sometimes damned overpowering. It a real shame you can't switch them off, as after all, we're trying to do ourselves a favour with this!

However studies show that cravings and hunger can subside quite substantially by week five. Seems like a long way off, but keep on keeping on. Put the wobbles behind you, you won't have done any damage, and move on. You're doing marvellously. :)

7. k8joealf

k8joealf Well-Known Member

WOW 10lb in a week, well done, keep at it :)

8. vsprocket04

vsprocket04 Member

How many calories are you allowing per day?

9. HEmam

HEmam Well-Known Member

I'm having 700 calories and 50g carbs xx

Was hoping for another good week but AF is due any minute now and bound to hinder Wednesday's WI. Doesn't she know when she isn't welcome :/

10. Starlight

Starlight Well-Known Member

Are you following a 'proper' vlcd like exante etc. DiY vlcds are not allowed on minimins.

11. LH181

LH181 Member

I couldn't wait and weighed in on day 5...... Lost 8lb already! Totally chuffed and is keeping me going. I have a work meal on we'd.. Chinese so I'm going to phone the place and ask for bean sprouts beef, monge tout no oil no starch just soy!

Long way to go but I'm determined!

12. Miss Demeanour

Starlight - earlier posts by the OP do mention the use of bona fide products. Exante are also touting a 700 cal plan, now.

13. Starlight

Thanks. Theres been a couple of diyers so got to check any that aren't clear :)

14. Miss Demeanour

Quite right too. :cool:

15. HEmam

HEmam Well-Known Member

Yep I'm on a proper plan. Wouldn't know where to start with a DIY plan

16. arc4

arc4 New Member

is this all you do all day? Looking through your posts you seem to be an absolute keyboard warrior!

17. Starlight

No im a moderator here and respond to posts or concerns people have about posts

18. Starlight

You're doing great so far look forward to seeing how you get on

19. HEmam

HEmam Well-Known Member

Thank you :) WI today and 3lb down - AF is in town so I'm hoping that's affected my loss. Been really good this week too. Never mind, happy with a total of 13lb loss, will be pleased to be past the first stone :)

20. Miss Demeanour

you look at most people's stats - week two is usually, for most, a inexplicably slow week. I think one's system compensates a bit for the shock of week one.

It's just one of those odd things that happens on this rather bonkers diet. You're doing marvellously though, and will be over the stone mark within a matter of days. Who'd have thought it, eh? ;) :D

Well done :)

21. Lakeke

Lakeke Member

I had a sneaky early weigh in and I'm up two pounds. Hope that was just a mistake as I haven't cheated at all.