My wedding day countdown

Confession time

I have to admit that for the last 2 weeks I have struggled to stay on the packs only - see last weekends example.

But from last Sunday I decided to stick to it 100%, and I was doing so well until I walked in the house last nite and H2b had baked some fresh "low carb" bread..(he gets terrible indigestion on normal bread so decided to buy this mix and make his own).I have to confess to having a slice or 4:eek: :eek: It is only a small loaf but that is absolutely no excuse.

I felt so guilty so I don't know why I do these things:mad: I think it was just the smell of the bread fresh from the oven - it was still warm when I got home.

I am angry at myself and fed up because I have just spent the last 3 hours trying to get Take That tickets and all for nothing (yes I am at work and have achieved nothing this morning)

I could very easily eat a bar of choccie right now:sigh:

I won't though - I will be good and go home at 1.30, make myself a cup of tea and read or snooze. I might even put a load of washing on. (my life is so exciting;) )

On a plus point I went to the florists just now to discuss the wedding flowers:)

Hope everyone is having a more constructive day than me.

Take care

Well after Fridays moody day, I got home and...TOTM:sigh: I guess that's what was causing the bad mood. TBH I knew it was due, but since starting this diet I have never been sure when it was going to happen.

This must mean by body has finally adapted to the VLCD:) and settled back into a routine.

I have just booked my hen weekend. 10 off us are going to Butlins in Minehead for a skool reunion weekend in May. Half board so I'm not sure what I will do about food - I will see when I get there. Alcohol is not an issue for me as I am teetotal. It should be a great weekend (my mum, all my sisters and 3 off my nieces):D :D

Weigh in again on tuesday - my scales haven't showed much of a change. I think about 2lbs in 2 weeks:(

I'll let you know how I get on.

Good luck to you all this week:p

Hi Lenny, you must be so excited about your impending wedding!! I hope you will share your wedding photos with us. :)

Well done on your amazing weight loss - I long to get back into my size 12 clothes so I can only envy you!! :D

And hey, who wouldn't fancy some nice, fresh bread?! The smell of freshly cooked bread is gorgeous and you wouldn't be human if you didn't give in and have some. Yum!! :D Oh, and TOTM causes cravings too so I wouldn't worry about it.

Good luck with the rest of your weight loss journey to your wedding. You are going to be slim and gorgeous.

Thanks for the words of support Janey:D

The bread has now all gone so that's one temptation out of the way!!

TBH the wedding still seems like a long way away and not quite real at the moment, I'm sure I will feel differently next month or beginning of May, but at the moment it is just plans:p

Also, my size 12 wedding skirt is the only size 12 I can get into at the moment - I am still wandering around with my trusty size 16's (safety pin attached) until I can be bothered to get my smaller clothes out of the attic. I will have to do it soon as I do look quite ridiculous:D

Good luck with your weight loss journey - what diet are you following? I will keep an eye out for your progress:)

Take care

Thanks Isobel,

To be honest I am really looking forward to it, it should be such a giggle. They have already discussed if we are going to take "skool" uniforms:D and of course all the usual hen nite stuff....my hen nite is going to last 4 days:D :eek: :D :eek:

Week 9 WI

Hello all,

I had weigh in last nite and lost 5lbs in 2 weeks (totm also) making a total loss of 32lbs so far and 22lbs to go to goal weight.

As I mentioned in a thread on Sun - My boss has passed on his lovely cold to me including a chesty cough. I had just been taking paracetamol for it but yesterday I had to buy some cough mixture. The cough has given me a headache and my throat was so sore. I know this will knock me out of ketosis but I couldn't put up with the symptoms anymore.

Anyway...this weekend is going to be a wash out diet wise - I have got my niece coming round on Fri & we are going to the local italian restaurant to cheer her up (just split with fiance) and Sat nite my twin, her BF and some friends from Bolton are coming around for a takeaway!:eek:

Restart SS on Sunday then:eek: In the meantime I will stick to the packs 100% but I won't be in ketosis.

Hopefully next week I can actually get past the 11stone mark (11st 1lb at the moment) I haven't been this weight for at least 4 years:D

I love this diet :D even though I live on choc & choc mint shakes and oriental chilli soup. My day never varies but if it works??!!

Wedding front - I can't believe how expensive wedding flowers are?:eek: :eek: I've been quoted a start price of "from £70.00" for a posy.

Hope everyone is having a good week

Hi Lenny, know what you mean about the wedding flowers, I've just had my quotes back and they're extortionate! I'm now re-thinking exactly what I need in an effort to keep costs down :sigh:

Well done on all the loss so far - I'm new to minimins & only started on LL last week but it's fab looking on here & seeing how everyone is getting on, it's very encouraging! :D

Your hen night sounds cool too - you'll have to let us know how it all goes!

Good luck this week and don't stress about the weekend - it's only 2 nights after all!! ;)

Thanks Oiseau,

I'm not too stressed about the weekend - I know that I can do this diet and 1 weekend off isn't going to ruin it. I'm glad that I have the huge incentive of the wedding though as I prob would have given up by now:eek:

I have just looked at the silk wedding flowers on Ebay and I think that I am going to go that route. I found exactly what I would have asked for in fresh, for half the price.

Good luck with your diet journey and I'm sure you will be a beautiful slimmer bride.

Take care

Thanks Isobel,

To be honest I am really looking forward to it, it should be such a giggle. They have already discussed if we are going to take "skool" uniforms:D and of course all the usual hen nite stuff....my hen nite is going to last 4 days:D :eek: :D :eek:

Hey girl, if you're gonna do it, do it right!!!! lol

Mine will be very similar, of that I have no doubt!!! lol

xxxxxx

Hello everyone, I hope you all had great weekends?

This week has been a disaster for me - I have had this nasty cold and all I have wanted (& eaten is stodge:( :sigh: ) I knew that this last weekend would be hard cos of the planned nights out eating but I have picked all this last week. Result being 5lbs on:cry: - on my scales anyway.

I have restarted SS today, stopped with the Lemsips, and I am drinking enough water for England. I know that this last week was a blip and I am feeling so in control of this diet right now determined to stick to it 100% (there is now no food left in our house). We have got guests coming for Sunday lunch next week and I have already told H2B that I am sticking to my soup & he is okay with that:D

Official WI is tomorrow but I am resigned to putting on. Hopefully next week will be a good loss and I will finally be back in the 10's. (a girl can dream can't she?)

On the wedding front - I ordered the flowers from Ebay and H2B bought his suit at the weekend. Only thing left to organise is the meat for the BBQ.

Take care & good luck with losses this week.:p

Hi honey, seems as though you have already put the blip behind you...so carry on ss-ing and you will be fine!

I was very much the same last week, ate all weekend went back to ss-ing and was fine till the night before wi and ended up picking all evening WTF??? ended up gaining a pound!

Anyway had Hen night this saturday, ate drank and was merry.....then got back to ss-ing yesterday...complelty 100% focused on the next 11 days....and looking forward to pre wedding wi!

I think with this diet, most of us are going to have blips of some kind or another, its the getting back on the wagon and not the falling off thats the important bit. Never give up trying and you will get where you want to be!!

Have a good week and fingers crossed for wi today

Lou XX

Thanks Noo Noo,

I have just posted on your thread. Your hen nite pics are fantastic and it looks as if you had an amazing time. Loved the cake by the way:D

Well the damage was done, WI last nite and I gained....2lbs:( so not as bad as I had thought. My CDC said that it is probably glycogen and it should come off easily this week. Fingers crossed eh?

I am certainly more focused this week, and I realise we are only human and we will fall off the wagon occasionally. The trick is getting back on:eek:

Hope everyone has a great week:D :rolleyes:

I forgot to mention earlier...

My twin measured me last night as it has been a while since we last took out the tape measure and in total I have lost 19.5 inches over my body.:D

I am so chuffed with this - all those stomach and waist crunches have been worth it after all.

Thats fab inch-loss - well done you!! :clap:

Well done for getting back into it too - you're right, the trick is the getting back on the wagon and you seem to be there so good for you!! (and if in doubt, just keep thinking about that amazing inch-loss!!)

Ois x

Thanks Ois for the encouragement:D

TBH the wedding is a huge incentive and enough to get me back on the straight and narrow.

I love the thought that if I can just lose the extra 24lbs I might even fit into a size 10 skirt (Don't get me wrong, I am still chuffed about the size 12) Its just that we have invited a few people that I would love to wipe the smugness off their faces when they see the skinny me...they won't be able to ask me when the baby is due or tell me I'm too fat to be veggie anymore.

I am a vindictive cow aren't I?:D

Day 4 of restart and suffering from a major headache and I am freezing:( , but ketostix was pink this morning so I am happy.

Not at all!! I know exactly where you're coming from on that one, there are one or two that are coming to ours where I can't wait to see their faces, either!!! Ooh, I'm soooo looking forward to it :D

He He He :D Good luck to you too :D

Hi Guys,

I had a good weekend diet wise. After work on Friday I went up to the NEC for the outdoor show (cambridge bar for lunch), then we dashed back down the M40 to Oxford for my nephew's 30th birthday party. I resisted the nibbles:D lots of dancing too:D

Saturday I spent the day on housework and washing, keeping busy avoiding food. Sunday we had people around for lunch (they stayed until 8pm) H2B cooked them a fantastic looking roast, with apple crumble for dessert. My twin and I sat there with our shakes and water. Even when they had snacks while watching dvds we still didn't give in:D

Only downside to weekend - TOTM again:mad: I thought my body had finally settled down with this diet. Its only been two weeks since the last one:mad:

Nevermind, I will see how it affects my WI tomorrow.

Hope you all had good weekends too:p

Hello everyone,

Well WI in last nite and I lost 4lbs:D

My aerobics instructor found out last nite that I have been on CD and she gave me this huge lecture about how bad it is for me:sigh: So I just started to explain how the diet actually works - its amazing how so many people have these pre-conceived ideas about it without actually knowing anything about the diet:mad:

She couldn't believe that I have enough energy to do the exercise class, but I said that I am using my fat stores not energy from carbs. Anyway I did the class (very energetically I might add), in fact when she forgot what she was doing and the rest of the class stopped, my twin and I were the only two doing the routine!!!

Anyway, hope you all have a good week.

Take care

Back