My weight loss diary

Just a quick moan...

It is hard! really really hard! Eevening are the most difficult time for me. Usually me and my DH watched telly on the sofa eating something yummy (well, loads of yummy... and then even more yummy)...

It was like a ritual for us... Every single day... And its not happening anymore...

First 2 days were ok, but Today it is just getting to me:-( Doesnt help that he keeps pestering me "come, lets watch some telly".... I know he is trying to be sweet, but it gets to me. It is hard as it is without his moaning. I know it will get easier in a time, but now its the last thing I need. I just need time to break that link - telly+food.

Its hard.

Just read Blonde Logic's diary... helped a lot. Still have blasted cravings but got my motivation back.

Have one thought in my head: just need to get through the first week! Just ine week and it will get easier. And I want to fit in size 10 clothes. I really do.

Going to take a nice bath now. Something to take my mind of food. And then sleep.

Hi love - glad my diary helped you in any way,.

It is so touch initially breaking the day to day associations we have with food. We are creatures of habit - and itsw difficult when one can carry on the same path, and the other is making major changes - the two aren't necisarily compatible to start.

But hang in there - you will find a good routine.

I know I am late in seeing this, and that you have had a great loss - hopefully that will show you how worth the effort it all is.

Hang in there, it will get easier!!! And you get an award for making it through my diary!! :giggle: (And staying awake!! :rotflmao:)

Keep up the good good work.....and you WILL be in those size 10s and then these early days of challenges will be but a distant memory.

XX

Hi again

I just read another post of your where you listed potential reasons. I am very very sad and sorry you had to experience number 3. And yes - I would imagine that may well have quite a connection with your food. Food for many of us is indeed love. It would be quite natural to turn to food for love and comfort and protection if you are not getting those things at home.

You experienced things no young child should ever EVER have to endure I suspect. And then on top of that, you lost your father - surely that only conjured up a barage of emotions, but emotions so complex a 9 year old could not process them properly. If life just resumed and carried on - without addressing those things - it could certainly play a huge roll in how you behave and where you seek and find comfort.

I have high hopes for you Mrs. You deserve to be happy and healthy in body AND mind. It will be hard work - I won't kid you. The emotional stuff for me was more challenging then the abstinance - but I feel it is absolutely critical and necessary, that in order to have success - we MUST face, at once, with eyes WIDE OPEN, our demons and skeletons and emotional baggage. Otherwise - we will be doing this all over again. And again. ANd again. Until we do.

Sending you a hug, just cause.

Keep at it - and you will receive and live the life you deserve.

XXX

Thank you all girls for your replies:grouphugg: It means a lot to me:)

Blonde Logic: About nr3 I never used to even talk about with anybody. First person I told was my DH, who is amazing. Because it happened such a long time ago and the person is dead I sort of put it far far away. But every time my mum was talking about him I felt that ... not anger, but sort of sorrow and discust..... And when anybody mentioned how much I looed like him it was like a knife in my heart! The last thing I wanted is to remeber him in any way! Btw, this is first time I am talking about how I felt, so I guess I am making a progress:) Just this summer (during an argument:sigh:) I managed to tell it to my mum. That I was abused, not the details. Dont think I can tell it out loud yet... She bursed into tears and said she knew. I was 4 when I told her (at the beginning I didnt remember, but now I do) I didnt think anything was out of the ordinary, but it WAS! I have no idea why she didnt divorce him or got to the police. I just think she was way to naive. She said, she dragged him to the shrink and he begged her to forgive him and said he will never do it again. But he did. She didnt know it till this summer when I told her. She told me, that she never again trusted him and their relationships were non-existant. She tried not to leave me alone with him as much as possible... She just had to go away! She stayed (she said, that she wanted to try to save their marriage for my sake:eek:!!)
Then he got ill and died. I remember myself crying when she told me. Everyone thought those were tears of sorrow, but they were tears of relieve! Huge relieve! My mum blamed herself all her life for his death! She said, that in anger she wished him dead and he died. So she blamed herself all those years untill I told her. I said, that I am glad he is dead, but I let it go, and so must you. I dont think she can. I hope one day she will be able to forgive him and let it go.
I am glad, that my childhood experience didnt leave a huge mark on my relationships with men. I have the most amazing husband in the world and am truly happy. Just guess, I need to get rid of my addiction to food and my comfort eating.
Gosh, can't belive I just told all of this:D

Back to weight loss. Week 2, day one!

Feeling fantastic! Very spirited and excited! Dont really feel hungry at all, but will go and have hot chok in a minute:D
I feel like I have that strenght now to actually do the diet till the end:D

Hi WOmbat.

Thanks for sharing - I think that will help you. AS you read my diary, you know I disclosed some very personal and painful things as well, adn I felt the world better for it. IT is all part of the process.

Now, now that you have "said it out loud" - I hope that starts to fill you withe some peace and comfort and that it just gets easier, until you can let go of it completely.

ALL best wishes to you my dear. :)

<hugs>

XX

week 2, day 3 of the diet. October 19th

I am doing pretty well. Yesterday was actually the firat time when I had that feeling of strenght that I am really able to go throught this.

Went shopping with my DH yesterday (need new everyday shoes) and had a quick look in TK Maxx. And there was that absolutely terrific little red minidress in size 12-14! Just gave me such a stimul to keep going! I feel, that I am that cute, bubbly, stylish, beautiful person trapped in the wrong body! I love all the skimpy cute outfits and highheels, but at the moment I am stuck with my jeans and comfy tops. I want to be that person I am! Not only in the inside, but on the outside. I am in my 20s and I never really got the chance to wear the stuff teenagers/young girls wear. Because straight after children clothes I was into adult ones (dont know if it makes sence). And just once in my life I want to wear what I truly want to wear, not what fits, not what makes me look slimmer!

Ok, time to have my breakfast:D Hot chok-my best friend!:Dhehe
PS: I dont feel hungry at all. Yesterday made a banana mousse and struggled to get through that:D

oh - just you wait Wombat. :D And start saving your penny's now.

Shopping takes on a whooooooole new meaning when you can buy anything you want!!!! It's the best high ever!!!

Keep at it - you'll be in cool trendy clothes before you know it!! Maybe youshould by the little red dress and hang it visibly as a reminder - thats what I did. I bought a little strappy blue top that I could not eveh get past putting over my head. I hung it on my wardrobe door, so I could see it all the time. Then, I tried it on every few weeks. It was a great motivator!!

Now, the top is in the "too big" pile. I never got to wear it as it finally fit when the weather got cold. But - it did its job!

XX

hey sorry ive just caught up on ur diary :)
sorry for everything u have went throw and hopefully by talking about it it will help u resolve some issues xxx
also well done on the amazing loss and good luck for this week xxx

Day 6 of the 2nd week,

Tomorrow is 2nd weigh in. It has been pretty hard last couple of days. I dont know if its the lack of sleep, the weather or generally just a need of a good meal, but I am tired. And hungry... Well, not exactly hungry, but "brain hungry". Last several nights before falling asleep my last thoughts were about food. I DREAM about food. Getting serious, hm?

I am pretty sure I lost few more pounds. Clothes are starting to feel looser and hubby said I got new curves.
Will be interesting to know how much weight I lost.

I also wonder if there is something like delayed ketosis? I seem to have all the symptoms I had to have during first week (I never really felt different in the first week from my usual myself, except for the need of food)

The only thought what kept me going was those clothes. I dont know if I talked about it before, but I think my biggest problem is the lack of motivation. At the moment my weight doesnt restrick my everyday life. The only problem are clothes (and still, not a major problem. I can fit in size 16-18 and those are videly available). Just cant wear mini skirts, or shorts or tight dresses. Well, I guess it means my weight restricts me in something?

Gosh, its so good just to write all of this done.
Tomorrow before the weigh in will go and have a pedicure and a manicure. I bl**dy deserve that!:D

2nd weigh in...

Didnt go as I thought it will!! Just lost miserable 2lbs! Dont want to go on about it, as I also made a separate post.
Just have to hope next week will be a better week:)

Bought size 14 jeans today. I cant really see the difference in my body, so thought that jeans will help me with that. At the moment I can just about get those on my tights and am nowhere to zipping them up. Aiming to fit in them well at x-mas time:D

2nd week, day 3, October 27th 2008

Today was a struggle!!! Usually I am ok, but TODAY! Probably hormones...

It didnt help that we got one of those free ads throught the door... One was Pizza Hut one! OMG!!! By now I know all the menu! (Starting to think maybe I am a masochist deep inside!:silly::giggle: ) Id kill for that Italian thin crust chicken suprime pizza with that cheese crust stuffing:banghead::eat::hitthefan::D:D:D

Had to have savory drink instead and finish off my last pack for today:(:D

Hmmm...Isnt it funny that even writing everything down helps?:D

Also, CD counsellor had to ring yesterday and didnt.... Maybe I just should try to talk to my LL counsellor first and see what she suggests?
Will have to have a think:D
Hubby is off for a boys evening out so can't wait to have a nice bath and to watch some telly:D And, maybe if I feel naughty will have one of those banana shakes left over from the last week:angeldevil:
mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Id kill for that Italian thin crust chicken suprime pizza with that cheese crust stuffing:banghead::eat::hitthefan::D:D:D

Hey, no talking dirty here!!! :D

WHy is it you want to change from LL?

I know you said on an other post but I can't remember. Goldfish memory and all. :)

I missed that bit too about the extra shake- I would not suggest having the extra pack for the reason you are suggesting.....that would be crooked thinking at work.

Its one thing to have it if you felt dizzy or weak, etc., but to be naughty....that can lead to trouble.

That can lead to another excuse for another extra at another time....and so on.....just be careful. :)

Ok ok!:D:D:D

Wont have a foodpack:angeldevil:

hehe

Reason about changing - I dont have any group therapy. I cant attend at Thursdays when my counsellor has a new group (it is still forming) and Tusday group is half way there. So I am just a bit reserved about paying twice....
Still thin,king though. Will talk to my LL counsellor and see what she offers:D

Back