Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

My weight loss journey

Discussion in 'SlimFast Weight Loss Diary' started by pocketwocket, 1 February 2010 Social URL.

1. pocketwocket

pocketwocket Member

Current Weight:
    20st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st9lb
    :) I decided I needed something to do during those difficult times of wanting to snack! So what better than to start a bit of a blog about my journey to becomming slim!

So where do I start. Well what made me do this? After years of being slim, I suddenly piled on the pounds after a few sad events in my life, including losing my little boy at 23 weeks. I comfort ate and became very depressed, and got into complete denial about the weight I was piling on. A few extra glassed of vino in the evenings, snacking and portions far too large. Easily done.

I am desperate to fulfill my dream of being 'Me' again, and also to become a mummy again one day, which I will not risk while I am this size. I am lucky- my husband loves me dearly and finds me attractive whatever size I am- but I want to be 'ME' again. Thats not a size zero or anything- just someone who feels nice in a pair of jeans :)

So- it was a case of - deep breath, realise that you can either carry on like this and be really unhappy - or do something about it.

Don't get me wrong this wasn't easy- I needed the switch- the ping! moment- the feeling of being able to do it. I dont know where it came from because I have tried and failed so many times in the past 2 years. But I suddenly felt it was my time.

So last Monday I started, and my god I am determined! It hasn't been easy especially cooking a roast pork sunday dinner yesterday for the family (OOOO CRACKLING! lol) but I have managed to resist any temptation so far (yeah I know its only been a week- but I feel strong this time! lol). I have rewarded myself in the evening by cooking myself a really nice low fat meal- something that I know I will enjoy and had a couple- and no more- of treats this weekend.

I am really hoping this is it and I will be able to get past the demons this time!- I was looking at the goodies on offer last night at dinner time and just kept repeating to myself- 'Don't give in- You want to be slim!!' and I shall try and keep doing that.

Either that or my poor doggies will get thrown everything so I can't touch it ;) lol

Anyway - I hope to keep this up to date- if for no other reason to help me by reading back, and looking how far I have come. Maybe I can motivate some people too like I have been motivated by your stories. It is good to not feel alone on your journey :)

Good luck everyone!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

P.S first weeks weigh in (on the Wii fit- and lost 6 pounds! - Yippeee! xxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. pocketwocket

pocketwocket Member

Current Weight:
    20st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st9lb
    first weeks weigh in!

6lbs down! :) xxx

4. pocketwocket

pocketwocket Member

Current Weight:
    20st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st9lb
  5. pocketwocket

pocketwocket Member

Current Weight:
    20st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st9lb
    [​IMG]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

week 2 and another 4 (and a half!) pounds gone. Yippeeee! Ten pounds in two weeks- feeling really good- long may it continue!

Hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

6. mrskim

mrskim Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Well done Pocket, keep up the good work. you'll have to let me know your secret, been on this over a week and stayed the same weight. I find it hard with the dinner side of things, what to have.

7. nicolaann

nicolaann Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st8lb
    Current Weight:
    20st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st8.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    well done with your weight loss its brilliant!
    nic x

8. Kes

Kes Gold Member

Start Weight:
    232lb
    Current Weight:
    179.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    140lb
    Lost(%):
    52.2lb(22.5%)
    Diet:
    was on Slim Fast but changed to Slimming world and Xenical
    welcome and good luck...
    keep us updated!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.