My Weight Loss Journey

Stuck to plan yesterday and off to London today, so will stick to plan until the night time.

Have a good weekend all!
Planning on a Red Day, but depends what they have at the dinner:
Breakfast- Fruit Bowl, Yogurt
Lunch: Veg Soup and Syn Free Quiches (2)
Snack (on the train): 2 Alpen Light (HEB)
Dinner: Who knows...but I'm sure it will be nice Asian food :)

Update on all tomorrow night when I'm back.

Dinner last night was delicious and really synful!!! Tandoori Roast, Lamb with Rice, ChickPea Curry, Chicken Curry, Naan, Kheer and Chocolate Cake for Dessert, but the best part of the night was all the compliments that I got from everyone. Last time I saw my OH's family was in December (1 month after I started SW) and they were all shocked at how great I looked. I really was the talk of the night and it was a great feeling. Gives me more motivation to keep going and lose at least another 2.5 stones.

I'm glad I booked my train to come back today because it's just too many temptations when I go to visit OH's family. Today also was not a SW day, so won't write what I wrote. Tomorrow is my Bday so going out to celebrate, but will try to stick to plan for morning, afternoon.

Not looking forward to getting on the scales on Monday!!!

My Bday today, so another day off plan, but decided just to have a Chicken Shawarma for dinner with Hummos and Salad (so healthier than what I could have had). Weighed myself and looks like I've put on 1lb, so not too bad for being off plan for a few days. Going to visit some friends (so won't be able to make it to WI tomorrow) and they are having BBQ so sticking to a Red Day tomorrow.

Breakfast: Fruit Bowl with Shapes Yogurt
Snack: Alpen Light (.5HEB)
Lunch: BBQ at friends house ( Chicken Legs, Kebabs )with Salad
Snack: Alpen Light (.5HEB) and Strawberries
Dinner: BBQ Sandwich with 2 wholemeal bread (HEB) Salad
Snack: Mini Twister (2 syns)

Water: 1.5 litres
Exercise:None

hey mel
i think i found u!!!
your diary is an inspiration! i eat far too may syns, need to focus on free food!
hope you had a great day yesterday :))
Elisangela

Yes you did find me :) How's everything going so far?
Going to a BBQ in a few mins. Will reply via FB about getting together this week.

Stuck to plan yesterday. Kids off of school and off to London on Thursday (for the 2nd half of the wedding) until Sunday so again a challenging week ahead! Spoke with my C about not being able to go yesterday for WI, but she said to come on Wednesday to another class she does, so will definately go to that.

Green Day today:

Breakfast: Fruit Bowl (2 pears, pomegranate, strawberries)

Snack: Shapes Yogurt and 1/5 of Low Fat Super Noodles kids didn't finish +4 Original CrackerBread (4 syns)

Lunch: Moong Dhal Curry (delicious- just followed the instructions on the East End brand pack without the oil) with 2 warburton wholemeal bread (HEB)

Snack: 2 Alpen Lights (HEB), Mini Twister (2 syns)

Dinner: Mushrooms with Pasta and Side Salad

Snack: 0% Total Yogurt with 1 sachet of Laughing Cow Indulgent Hot Chocolate (2 syns)

Exercise: Zumba at home

Last edited:
Yesterday went well until after dinner when we had guests over and I ended up having 2 slices of madeira cake. Hate when that happens!!!
Need to get back in control. Find it that when I get off plan for a few days it's really difficult to get back into the swing of things. Hoping for a 100% day today and going for WI tonight!

Red Day:

Breakfast: Fruit Bowl (pear, apple, banana)
Snack: Shapes Yogurt and Alpen Light (.5HEB)
Lunch: Crabstick with Pasta (HEB) Salad with Ceasar Dressing (1 syn)
Dinner (after WI):Roasted ButterNut Squash and Fried Mushrooms with Tandoori Drumsticks and Side Salad
Snack: Alpen Light (.5HEB), Strawberries

Exercise: None
Water:1.0 litre

Last edited:
Disappointment at WI yesterday- gained 3.5lbs!!! I knew it was going to be bad, but not that bad.
Was supposed to have the BNS yesterday, but was so upset that just ended up having some AH Cous Cous with Mushrooms. Put the BNS pieces in the freezer (hope it's okay to freeze them)?
Well off to London today and will try to be prepared. Don't want to step on the scales on Monday and be in shock! Will try to make wiser choices at the 2 wedding functions and stick to a red day.

Having a Green Day today:

Breakfast: 2 pears, strawberries
Lunch: AH Cous Cous with Mushrooms and Chicken Thigh (HEB)
Snack: 2 Alpen Lights (HEB)
Dinner: Asda ChickPea Dhal with Brown Basmalti Rice and Salad
Snack: Fruit Salad with Activia FF Yogurt,
Curly Wurly ( think it's 6 syns)

Exercise:None

Back from London and didn't do bad at all for being away with tempting food all over for 4 days. Think it all comes down to planning and that I took some food with me : (Low Fat Noodles, Asda ChickPea Daal- which was really nice, Basmalti Brown Rice, Wholemeal Bread, AH Spice Sensation Cous Cous, Alpen Lights, Mushrooms, Quavers, Mikados, Diet Cokes). Also bought some lovely fruits from the market (mangos, grapes, bananas, pear and strawberries), so snacked on these most of the time. Also ended up having Omelettes most days for breakfast. At the 2 wedding functions I ate well, but tried to limit the damage by skipping desserts, so let's hope it paid off for WI day today!

Sticking to Red Today:

Breakfast: 2 egg omelette with peppers and onions
Snack: Activia FF yogurt
Lunch: Veg Soup with 3 Ryvita (HEB) and 5 Crabsticks
Dinner (after WI): Tikka Chicken Thighs with Pasta (HEB) Ceasar Salad (Dressing 1 syn)
Snack: Alpen Light (3 syns), Mini Twister (2 syns), Curly Wurly (5 or 6 syns)

Last edited:
Hey Mel, great food diary- what are the mini twisters? the ice-lollies? do you have the choc ones or do they have more syns? thanks Elis x

Thanks Eli! Mini Twisters- I have the Chocolate ice cream ones- they are really nice for only 2 syns per ice cream. I like these because if you are feeling very peckish you can have more than one (if you have syns left), compared with other ice creams that have 5 or more syns. Try them!

Yesterday's WI results - really pleased that I lost the 3.5lbs that I gained last week :) I think taking my own food and skipping desserts really helped! Nothing on this week, so hoping to stick to plan.

Took the cut up pieces of Butter Nut Squash out from the freezer, so hope it will be okay for my soup today. Reviews on this tomorrow....

Breakfast- 2 Alpen Lights (HEB) and Activia FF Yogurt

Snack: 1 pear

Lunch: 2 wholemeal toast (HEB) with Tuna, Cucumber, Tomatoe and 1 tbsp Extra Light Mayo (.5 syn) and an apple

Dinner: ButterNut Squash Soup with 2 Thin Peri Peri Chicken Breasts with Gem Lettuce with Tesco Lite Ceasar Dressing (1 syn)

Snack: Mini Twister (2 syns), Strawberries

Exercise: Arm Exercises, Bike (20 mins)

Last edited:
Despite my efforts to have the ButterNut Squash don't think it's meant to be. Called my mom and was telling her what I was having for dinner and she warned me not to have them as last time she was here she made me a BNS soup and I got a really bad allergy from it. So ended up throwing it in the bin :( Was so looking forward to trying them roasted and in a soup, but not worth getting a bad allergy again!
For dinner last night just had the 2 peri peri chicken breasts with gem lettuce, tomatoes Caesar Dressing and fried mushrooms on the side.

Need to get another water bottle as I didn't drink the 1.5 litres and find it much harder to drink that much water from a normal glass!

Sticking to another Red day today:

Breakfast: 2 egg omelette with mushrooms and 1 Warburtons Wholemeal Toast (.5HEB) with 1 Extra Light Laughing Cow Triangle

Snack: 2 pears

Lunch: Bowl of Gazpacho and 2 Ryvita Crispbread (.5 HEB)with Crabsticks

Snack: Activia FF yogurt and strawberries

Dinner: Grilled Fish with Spices and Pasta (HEB) Salad with Caesar Dressing (1 syn)

Snack: 0% Total Yogurt with Skinny Cow Indulgent Hot Choc (2 syns) and 1 crushed Choc/Fudge Alpen Light (3 syns)

Last edited:
100% day yesterday and stuck to plan. Didn't do the exercise bike though as I was too tired from cleaning up the house.
Also some good news is that the size 14 Next Suit which I bought quite a few months ago now fits perfectly (and I was hoping it would fit by September), so really happy today! Was looking through my closet for other clothes to wear other than my every day jeans and trying on clothes, but nothing fits- all the sweaters, skirts, tops, jeans are big and hanging off me! Really need to get some new clothes, but don't want to fork out money as I want to still lose another 2.5 stones. Will check out the car boot this weekend if they have anything nice.

Sticking to Green Today:

Breakfast: 1 egg, baked beans, mushrooms (ran out of bread- so must go shopping)
Snack: 2 pears
Lunch: Veg Soup and Baked Potatoe with 1 LC Extra Light Cheese with Chives, Salt/Pepper
Snack: Activia FF yogurt and 1 Kelloggs Fibre Plus Bars (HEB)
Dinner: Prawn (HEB) stir fry vegetables with 1/2 pack of Low Fat SuperNoodles
Snack: 2 Mini Milks (4 syns)

Exercise: Zumba tonight :cool:
Water: 1.5litres

Last edited:
Well done in getting into your size 14 suit! Sometimes that's even better than getting your sticky awards.

Q

Thanks Ellebear and Queenie you are right it's not always the numbers on the scale that matter, but how the clothes fit (measurements).

Stuck to plan yesterday, but instead of having the 2 Alpen Lights, tried the Kelloggs Fibre Plus Bar. It was definately nice, but missed having an extra bar for the HEB that I get with the Alpen Lights.

Zumba was great yesterday---really worked up a sweat and we are starting some belly dancing moves next week- that will be interesting!

This week feeling really motivated and nothing going on this weekend, so fingers crossed I stick to plan.

Green Day today:

Breakfast: Fruit Salad (strawberries, 2 pears, 1 apple)

Lunch: Fried Egg, Baked Beans and 2 Warburtons wholemeal toast (HEB)

Snack: 2 Alpen Lights (HEB) and Activia FF yogurt

Dinner:Brown Basmalti Rice with Asda ChickPea Daal with mixed cucumber, tomatoe, onion salad

Snack: 2 Mini Twisters (4 syns), mango

Exercise: Arm exercises

Last edited:
100% day yesterday and stuck to plan. Need to work a bit harder with the Body Optimise as I didn't do the exercise bike yesterday and was feeling lazy. Looks like a nice day, so will aim to go out walking in the park and chasing after the kids on their bikes- this should definately burn some calories!
Weighed myself (although I know I shouldn't have) and looks like I am at the same weight as this past Monday, so thinking of changing some HEB's around to see if it makes any difference until WI day on Monday.

Sticking to Green:

Early Morning: Green Tea with Lemon and Splenda

Breakfast: Banana Strawberries and a Pear + 1 tbsp Nutella (4 syns!!!!)- had this while making the kids some Nutella sandwiches

Snack: 20 Cashew Nuts (HEB) + 1 Alpen Light (3 syns)

Lunch: 142g Baked Cod (HEB) with Baked Potatoe stuffed with onion and tomatoes and topped with Mozarella (HEA), apple

Snack: Activia FF yogurt

Dinner: Quorn Moussaka (layer of Quorn sauce made with Quorn mince, onion, garlic and tomatoes), sliced courgettes and mushrooms fried in Fry Light, topped with an egg and fat free Natural Yogurt mixture and baked until golden. Salad with Ceasar Dressing (1 syn)

Exercise: Walking

Last edited:
Back