My Weight Loss Journey

Stuck 100% to plan yesterday, but missed my Alpen Lights as the Cashew Nuts (as a HEB) didn't quite keep me full. Ended up having 1 Alpen Light, so had to syn it.
The fish was delicious- Didn't have any cod in, but had some sort of CatFish with Shan Tikka BBQ mix and just grilled it and it was really nice.
The Quorn was okay, but think I will make Keema with it instead next time.

Another Green Day:

Breakfast: 2 large conference pears with grapes

Lunch: Bowl of Veg Soup (carrots, leeks, red pepper, onions with 1 tsp curry powder, salt and pepper) and 2 Ryvita Original CrispBread (HEB) with Chickpea dip

Snack: Activia FF yogurt and strawberries

Dinner: Appetizer-Prawn(HEB) Cocktail with Gem Lettuce Leaves (2 syns for the mayo/ketchup)
Mushrooms with Pasta

Snack: Total 0% Greek Yogurt with Skinny Cow Hot Chocolate (2 syns) with 1 crushed Alpen Light (3 syns)

Water: 1.5 litres
Exercise: situps, arm exercises

Stuck to plan, but did have some chicken curry (3 nibblets) I made for OH, but hopefully an insignificant amount to ensure a loss tonight at WI...we'll see.

Have been out most of the day shopping, so didn't get much to eat- having lunch at 3:46pm so imagine!

Red Day today:

Breakfast- 2 pears
Snack- Activia FF yogurt
Lunch: Bowl of Veg Soup and 2 Ryvita (HEB) with Crabsticks
Snack (during Image Therapy): 2 Alpen Lights (HEB) with Hot Chocolate (2 syns)
Dinner (after WI): Roasted Chicken with Vegetables
Snack: Mini Twister(2 syns) + Edited: 4 pink wafers (2 syns each- 8 syns)

Water: 1.0 Litre
Exercise: None

Last edited:
WI results: 1.5lbs off :) Think it could have been more, but haven't gone for a poo in 2 days- finally went today, so could have probably been a bigger loss.
Instead of having the Curly Wurly last night had 4 pink wafers, didn't know they were 2 syns each, but still within my syn limit.

Have a lot of fruit and veg around so may try to do a few Extra Easy days. Hope having 1 HEB less doesn't make me more hungry!

EE menu today:

Breakfast: Fruit Bowl (2 pears, banana and grapes)
Snack: 1 Alpen Light (.5 HEB)
Lunch: Vegetable Soup, Leftover Roasted Chicken Sandwich with 1 warburton's wholemeal bread (.5HEB) and ChickPea Dip (strange combination, but I'm sure it will taste nice)
Snack: Activia FF yogurt Edited: Curly Wurly (6 syns), Mini Twister (2 syns)
Dinner: EDITED- A LOT OF JUNK !!!

Water:1.5 litres
Exercise: Walking 20 mins

Last edited:
EE didn't go too well, not sure if it's because I had the sweets (mini twister and curly wurly) early on in the day and I just fell downwards from there. I ate so much junk which is probably the reason why I had such a bad stomach ache afterwards and diaorrehea. Think I cleared everything from my system and starting fresh today, but steering clear of EE for some time and from any sweets early on in the day!

Green Day today to get me back on plan:

Breakfast: strawberries and 2 large conference pears

Snack: 1 Alpen Light (.5HEB)

Lunch: Rice with Chickpea/Spinach Curry

Snack: Activia FF yogurt and 1 Alpen Light (.5HEB)

Dinner: Finish off Veg Soup, AH Spice Sensation Cous Cous with 1 Chicken Thigh (HEB)

Snack: Total 0% with Skinny Cow Hot Chocolate (2 syns)

Exercise: Walking

Stuck to plan yesterday, but did have 3 spoons of chocolate mousse that a friend brought over (instead of my total with hot chocolate) at night.

Got a Wii Fit Plus package last night (for my son's bday) so we were testing out some of the games. Hope it's because I'm totally new to it, but my age on the sports section said 72 and on the Fit Board it said 9 years more than I am. Not sure if this is normal or I'm really unfit (lol)! Have to experiment more with it, but looks like it will be a lot of fun and with the whole family participating and competing against each other. Our friend wouldn't leave yesterday trying to make his Wii age lower!

Green Day today:

Breakfast: Mixed Fruit Bowl
Snack: Edited: Ryvita Minis (sweet chilli)- HEB
Lunch: Courgette and Potatoe Soup+ 2 small chicken thighs (HEB- have to weigh these)
Snack: Activia FF yogurt with strawberries
Dinner: Egg, baked beans, mushrooms with SW chips
Snack: small piece of bday cake

Exercise: No zumba today :( May do some Wii exercises :)

Last edited:
just popping in to say hello - and that the wii age is normal!!! the more you use it , the less it gets!!! if you dont go on it for a while it goes up again! xx

Thanks for popping in Ellebear! I was a bit worried when I saw my Wii age ;) Got some more use of it yesterday and my age has improved already.

Modified my HEB yesterday as I saw the Ryvita Mini's and wanted to try them out. I tried the Ryvita Mini Sweet Chilli 30g bag (which counts as a HEB or 5 syns). Verdict: They were nice, but think they are a small quantity for a HEB. Would prefer to have 2 wholemeal toast or 6 wholemeal crackerbreads instead.

Also bought some Skinny Cow Ice Creams to try, but not sure how many syns are in these?? Anyone reading know?

Yesterday ran into a bit of a detour as well as I had 3 small fried chicken wings and small piece of bday cake. As I went over my syns yesterday will probably only use 2 or 3 until WI day and just make better use of my HEB's.

Gosh I'm so close to my 4 stone sticker (need to lose 1 lb) ...why am I being so naughty these days :cry:(hope another * week is not on it's way)!!!

Green Day today:

Breakfast: 2 large conference pears 1 apple
Snack: Alpen Light (.5HEB)
Lunch: Leftover Courgette and Potatoe Soup and 3 wholemeal crackerbreads (.5HEB) with chickpea dip
Snack: Activia FF yogurt and 1 mango
Dinner: Chicken (HEB) with Pasta Ceasar Salad (1 syn)
Snack: fresh pineapple slices, Mini Twister (2 syns)

Exercise: Arm exercises, Situps, Zumba online

i think skiiny cows are 4.5 each

Thanks Katie- wasn't sure about these! Didn't get a chance to try them as the kids invaded the freezer and had all 3.

It's amazing how we know our own bodies as my * week looks like it's beginning again. No wonder I've been having all these cravings! Think it's going to be hard for me to get that 1lb off for the 4 stone sticker on Monday, but will try my best this weekend to be good.

Have 2 bbq's so will be sticking to Red days today and tomorrow.

Red day:

Breakfast: Activia FF yogurt with banana and pear
Lunch: 2 wholewheat toast (HEB) with 2 slices of beef mortadella (not sure if this has syns or not), Quavers packet (4 syns)
Snack- fruit
Dinner: BBQ (main plate is BBQ Sardines- yummy, no idea what else will be there, but will try to limit the damage) will also dig into the salad there
Snack: 2 Alpen Lights (HEB), pineapple slices

Water: 1.0 litre
Exercise: none

looking forward to catching up with this!!!!!

Lurverick: Just posted on your food diary- was wondering where you went off to! It's been an up and down week for me this week, so don't want to face the scales on Monday!!!!

BBQ yesterday was supposed to be sardines, but plans changed as it was freezing outside, so they just had loads of finger foods. Tried to stay healthy by having the salads, but I know they had loads of dressing and mayo on them. Also had some veg samosa and mini onion bhajis along with a small piece of cake, so not a very good day all in all!
Have another BBQ today so hoping to stick better to plan (Eli if you're reading this and I have anything at your BBQ that is not SW friendly- just stop me- lol!)

Having a Superfree/ Free food morning/dinner as I'm not sure what I'm having at the BBQ.

Breakfast: Fruit Bowl with Activia FF yogurt
Snack: Alpen Light (.5 HEB)
Lunch: BBQ-- Edited :Chicken Kebab with Boiled Rice and Carrot/Potatoe and Onion Salad (was delicious)
Snack: Alpen Light (.5 HEB)
Dinner: Bowl of Veg Soup and a 2 Egg Omelette with pepper, mushrooms, onions
Snack: edited - 2 mini rolls (no idea how many syns- don't even want to look)!

Exercise: Tried Just Dance only 2 songs on the WII at my friends house

Last edited:
Disappointed that I've been naughty this past week and it's not going to help my WI that it's * week as well, so preparing myself for a gain tonight.

New week, new start- need to stick 100% to plan to get back on track today.

Have some chicken breasts that have been marinating for 2 days, so really need to use these up today.

Sticking to Red:

Breakfast: Activia FF yogurt with 2 pears
Lunch: Veg Soup and 5 crabsticks with 3 Ryvita Wholegrain Crackerbread (.5HEB)
Snack: 1 Alpen Light (.5HEB)
Dinner (after WI)- Marinated Chicken Breast with Fried Mushrooms, SW chips (HEB) and side salad
Snack: Mango

Water:1.0 litres

Last edited:
WI results- gained 1.5lbs, so looking at my figures in my signature I'm basically the same weight as I was 4 weeks ago as I've had a 3.5 gain and 3.5 loss, 1.5 loss and 1.5 gain. It's sad to think that my 4 weeks SW money has gone down the drain this past month, so need to kick myself back into gear again.

Yesterday was a 100% day, so need the rest of the week to be the same!

Edited: Green Day

Breakfast: 1 mango, 1 pear

Lunch: Vegetable Soup (courgette, leeks, carrots, onion, Veg Stock, curry power) and 3 Ryvita WG CrackerBread (.5HEB) with 5 Crabsticks (HEB)

Snack: Activia FF Yogurt and 1 Alpen Light (.5HEB), Fresh Pineapple slices

Dinner: Brown Basmalti Rice with homemade Moong Daal Curry and mushrooms

Snack: 2 Mini Twisters (4 syns)

Exercise: Arm exercises, 20 mins walking, Tennis on the WII

Last edited:
100% stuck to plan yesterday and was feeling full from having the fresh pineapple before dinner, so just had a half a normal portion of rice and moong daal with mushrooms for dinner. It ended up being a green day as I didn't make the chickpea dip and just had some crabsticks as a HEB with the Ryvitas for lunch.

I bought so many vegetables that were marked down at Asda's yesterday (pepper stir fries, chopped green beans, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach), so need to find new recipes. Definately want to try out the spinach cannelloni, cauliflower cheese bake and coleslaw some time this week, but need to finish off left overs today.

Green Day:
Breakfast: 48g Kelloggs All Bran (HEB) (same nutritional values as All Bran Fibre Plus) with 210ml Skimmed Milk (HEA)
Lunch:1/2 pack SuperNoodles Fat Free with Roasted Pepper Stir Fry and Prawns (HEB)
Snack: Activia FF yogurt and 1 Alpen Light (3 syns), 1 mango
Dinner: finish off Brown Rice with Moong Daal Curry
Snack: Mini Twister (2syns), 2 clementines, 1 Alpen Light (3 syns)

Exercise: Walking (20 mins), arm exercises

Last edited:
Hi meli looks like we are both in the same boat these past 4 weeks its a downer isnt it.

I lost the 3lbs I put on last week plus 1/2 lb so i'm 1/2 lb lighter than i was on the 10th May :(

I'm doing a red week this week and going back to basics and hoping next week to get my 4 1/2 stone sticker, i'm 1/2 lb off.

Our weightloss seems to be running side by side at the moment so sending you positive vibes for a great week and i'm sure by this time next week you will have lost the small gain and more xxx

Yes by next week we will both be bragging about our new shiny stickers (although I have to lose 2.5lbs to get my 4 stone one), but still aiming hard to get it. Fed up of paying for nothing :)
Here is to a 100% week for us both and thanks for the positive vibes!

100% day yesterday and had to add another Alpen Light as I stayed up until late and got the munchies, but still stayed within my daily syns.
Zumba class if fully booked for the next 2 weeks, so really missing that. Going to see if I can do it from home later tonight. Just need to find an application that plays .wmv files, otherwise there are always breaks when I play it from You Tube.

Another Green Day today:

Breakfast: 2 pears + 42g All Bran(HEB) + 200ml skimmed milk (HEA)

Lunch: 1/2 pack SuperNoodles Fat Free with Pepper Stir Fry and Mushrooms

Snack: Activia FF yogurt, clementine, 1 Alpen Light (3 syns)

Dinner: Finish off Veg Soup (didn't have it yesterday after all) + Crabsticks (HEB) with AH Spice Sensation Cous Cous (.5 syn).

Snack: Total 0% yogurt with SC Hot Chocolate (2 syns)

Exercise: 10 min Walk (kids school), Zumba online?

Last edited:
Another 100% day yesterday,but didn't get to make the coleslaw as I was in a rush and opted for the AH Cous Cous instead. Have nothing going on this weekend, so hope to stick to plan.
Noticed that I am going more regularly to the toilet with the All Bran, so that is a great new HEB I'm sticking with.

Green Day today:
Breakfast- 2 pears and 42g All Bran (HEB) + 200 ml Skimmed Milk (HEA)
Lunch- Need to finish off the last packet of Stir Fry (can't believe how quickly they go bad), mixed with Mushrooms, leftover Brown Rice and Scrambled Egg and Soy Sauce
Snack-Activia FF yogurt, 2 clementines, mango
Dinner- Aloo Gobi (potatoe and cauliflower) curry with 2 Warburton Wholemeal toast (HEB) and Coleslaw with 2 tbsp Extra Light Mayo (1 syn)
Snack- Mini Milk (2syns), Alpen Light (3 syns), 6 Mikados (3 syns)

Last edited:
hehehe my wii fit always makes me older than i am!
i must admit i havent used it for ages now......i bought 'your shape' and am addicted to that for my exercise!

Back