My weight loss journey.

Bellerine

Silver Member
I'm on day three of restart number...... I don't know but it feels like fifty. Had some support here which got me over bout of self sabotage and I'm back on plan and in ketosis again.

However an unfortunate side effect of losing weight appears to be that I've Lost my sense of humour. My mood is dour this evening.

So I'm just gonna go to bed with a trashy novel.
Belle.

Ick, I understand about being in a sour mood. Sometimes I feel very very negative myself.

Get a good night's sleep, tomorrow will hopefully be better. Good luck! :wavey:

Well, I might as well be honest. This feels like sh*t. I am in bad humour all the time, threatened to leave my husband this morning (he knows I dont mean it, dont worry) and generally I am being a bit of a cow. Moooo.

Going for walk to see if endorphins help. Of course if my husb didnt have to work every weekend I wouldnt have to hump three kids with me every time a take a walk......

No wonder I am fat. And I am. I caught sight of myself in a security camera tv screen yesterday - I was the fat old lady with the buggy...

I had felt so good up til then cos I am already two stone down. No illusions now.

I dont know what I am facing into. I was thin until about 10 years ago. I missed my thirties entirely. I loved my looks and body til I put on the weight. I am afraid I wont look at all like myself when I lose it- that I will have ruined my body totally - that I'll be left with saggy skin everywhere and huge wrinkles because I couldnt resist food.

Yes misery loves company so I think I will go down to the local coffee shop allow my kids to scream and run about and I'll sit with my milkless coffee and glare at happy people.

Belle

Thanks Missfortissimo. Miss Stong? Well you look it in the pics. Lovely wedding pics.

Belle
And thanks for reply. Often negative posts are left unresponded to - I appreciate a hand held out when I feel like Im drowning.

I really understand, sometimes I feel the only comments I can make are negative, but they're simply all I have!

I have wondered how difficult it will be to maintain my weight once I have kids, which I do want after college. My mom has the five of us (well, four at home now that I'm married and moved out) and up until the youngest was old enough to entertain himself, it was a real struggle for her to exercise and she was quite unhappy.

It's easy to say "throw that baby in a stroller and go for a walk," but not so easy to do, I'm sure! (Especially if you have two older kids whining at you that they don't want to go!)

I know exactly how you feel honey. I divorced 10 years ago when my kids were 3yrs and 6months, suddenly a single parent. I'm 40 now and wonder where my 30s went. Oh yes, they were spent depressed and eating, and trying to find another Mr Right (I didn't). I look at myself and think, who's that old stressed, fat, worn out woman?

But like you, the babe I was is in there somewhere! So let's jolly along together and tease her out again! xxx

Oh thank you both sooo much, Miss fortissimo and gina. It is really nice to have someone say "I understand". Specially as I felt like a total b'tch this morning. Husband has forgiven me, I think. He'll have to be allowed watch football tonight!!

I achieved something major today. I borrowed a double buggy from my sister innlaw and loaded the 18mth old and 4 yr old into it and went for a walk. The 10 yr old walked with me. We went 8kilometres (5 miles). It took hours and the buggy was heavy but I feel great now. I feel like barrack Obama. YES I CAN!!!

Belle

Belle that's fabulous!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: How did the 10 year old do? My brother is nine and my parents have been taking him on bike rides with them; to their pleasure he has not whined but has done very well!

Hi missfortissimo. The 10 yr old whined. A lot. Had to be bribed with sweets half way around. Funny really. While I try to lose weight and get fit I teach my kids bad habits. Oh dear oh dear. What to do.

Well. I'll get slim and then feed them carrots only for two years!! The future is orange!!

Belle

Hahahaha. 10 yr old is very supportive of weight loss cos I am fattest mom in class. I think he'd like me to look like other moms.

I cannot eat the Tesco ultraslim bars. They do not fill me up and I wind up having two. Terribl terrible. It keeps happening. Thank god they are all gone. I will never ever buy them again.

I was 14st 13 lbs on weighing scales this morning. Felt great to have crossed that line. I'll never be 15 s something ever again. I hope! I need to lose another 9 lbs to get out of the 200s.

Belle

Last edited:
Sounds like you didn't do anything that terrible in my opinion, you wrote nothing about wolfing down cake and icecream! ;)

Bed is good. :) I've found that the later I stay up the more I eat... which rather defeats the purpose.

Glad your son is supportive :D

Back