My weightloss diary

Day 5 and going stong :)

The weekend if coming up though, that's going to be the real test. TBH after a kick start I think I am going to have a day off on the weekend, not to wreck all my hard work for the rest of the week but keeping an eye on the calories without necessarily using the shakes, depending on what we do as a family. I am really keen on instilling healthy eating habits in my children, especially my daughter. Having a shake for breakfast is not one of them! It is a case of doing what I preach and not what I do, lol. I do think I am quite sensible about dieting though, I do it to be healty and reaching for the Slimfast tin was a last resort for me after 7 months of trying to lose this babyweight had proven fruitless. I am not taking it to the extreme and think I am doing it in a healthy way, I am having all my snacks (and a little extra if I feel like it as I am still partially breastfeeding my baby). As I think it would be difficult to get my daughter to understand the difference between all this, I just want her to see me having a healthy diet, i.e. eating the right amount healthy food (not stuffing my face with it just because it is healthy) and the odd treat. If that means losing my weight at a slightly slower rate, then so be it!

There is no need for my midnight snacking though, my daughter does not see that and it is not doing myself any good!

Despite calls for homemade pizza tonight, I am going to grill chicken breast and serve that with boiled new potatoes and veg. That will make it easier for me to keep a track of the calories and fill me up nicely without a temptation to overeat. :)

Day 5 and going stong :)

The weekend if coming up though, that's going to be the real test. TBH after a kick start I think I am going to have a day off on the weekend, not to wreck all my hard work for the rest of the week but keeping an eye on the calories without necessarily using the shakes, depending on what we do as a family. I am really keen on instilling healthy eating habits in my children, especially my daughter. Having a shake for breakfast is not one of them! It is a case of doing what I preach and not what I do, lol. I do think I am quite sensible about dieting though, I do it to be healty and reaching for the Slimfast tin was a last resort for me after 7 months of trying to lose this babyweight had proven fruitless. I am not taking it to the extreme and think I am doing it in a healthy way, I am having all my snacks (and a little extra if I feel like it as I am still partially breastfeeding my baby). As I think it would be difficult to get my daughter to understand the difference between all this, I just want her to see me having a healthy diet, i.e. eating the right amount healthy food (not stuffing my face with it just because it is healthy) and the odd treat. If that means losing my weight at a slightly slower rate, then so be it!

There is no need for my midnight snacking though, my daughter does not see that and it is not doing myself any good!

Despite calls for homemade pizza tonight, I am going to grill chicken breast and serve that with boiled new potatoes and veg. That will make it easier for me to keep a track of the calories and fill me up nicely without a temptation to overeat. :)

You are doing really well - keep up the good work. I have a treat night/day once a week but I try not to over do it. I always try and burn off what I let myself have. I find it makes the diet more fun and when you have those lull moments in a diet you can have something to look forward too. So hopefully it will stop you raiding the sweet/crisp cuboard at that morment!

Dryads, your post could not be more timely as I have just logged on to say:

Da*n Friday nights, red wine, DH & his peanuts!!!

Good gym session for me tomorrow!!! :wave_cry:

Day 6 - already!

Well, I knew the weekend was going to be my downfall!! Today I had a SF bar for breakfast and lunch, a banana for my first snack and a little bit of leftover pasta for my second. I had half a scoop of ice cream and a bit of chocolate in the afternoon, so at dinnertime I filled up half my plate with broccoli, and just 3 baby new potatoes and a grilled chicken breast.

A nice glass of white wine would be delicious, but I am going to have a can of diet coke instead!

1 day until weigh in!

Day 7

OK, so I may not have been entirely angelic diet wise, but last night I stuck to my promise to myself and only had a diet coke, no snacks whatsoever. That is a small miracle for a Saturday night!

Last day before weigh in today so my last chance to do some good. Just had my breakfast shake and now going to have a cup of coffee whilst I do some work. I will have another sahke/bar for lunch. Not sure what to do for dinner yet; I may make some butternut squash, carrot, sweet potato and red lentil soup. With the other veg I put in there (celery, onion etc) it pretty much satisfies the 5 a day in one go, and is tasty and low calorie too. I normally serve it with bread, cheese and cold meats, but I can steer clear of too many additional calories there.

I have to go and check what my start weight was, as I am not entirely sure and that would help me determine how much I have lost tomorrow, lol! I did my profile based on what I thought I weighed, then weighed myself the next morning but I am not sure if I updated the profile or not!?!?

Day 1
Weighed in at 83.3kg this morning, which is 183.5lbs, so I have half a pound more to lose than I thought. Oh well, it's going!

This is where these diaries come in handy! I get confused as I normally use kg, then have to convert to pounds for the profile here but then I always have to round up/down a little and it gets inaccurate!

It looks like you are doing really well Emma. Hope you had a good weekend. Can't wait to hear what you've lost :)

Day 8

After a less than angelic weekend, I am happy to report a 2 lbs loss this morning! :) Now let's see if I can match that this week!

I have been on my run already this morning, did 40 minutes. Had my two shakes too and some tortelloni when I cooked lunch for my son - I will use my snack allowance for this morning and afternoon on that.

Had curry with chicken and cauliflower tonight, and when I served myself I picked extra pieces of cauliflower so that I could have a big portion without filling up too much on the calories. I had a little steamed rice with it and a small piece of nan bread. I also had an espresso cup with chocolate mousse, and a small glass of champagne! Hopefully that will all be covered by the evening meal and one snack worth of calories I had left! :rolleyes:

So much easier to stick to the diet now we are back on weekdays though! Weekends are really going to be my downfall with this diet!

I forgot to say that one of my extravagances this weekend was some strawberry cheesecake ice cream. Supposedly a premium product, but I thought it tasted rather like fake strawberry, in fact it tasted just like my strawberry shakes (and not worth the extra calories at all!).

However, it did give me an idea involving my shakes and my ice cream machine come summer time! :p

Oh dear, I did not realise quite how many days it was since I had logged on here! End of week 2 weigh in today and I have lost another 2 lbs! Yay! I find the shakes easy to stick to during the week, but weekends are near impossible. My greatest downfall is snacking in the evening, especially if I have a glass of wine...

Today I have not had any shakes, however I had a latte for breakfast, a banana for a snack and two weetabix with skimmed milk for lunch, so I was still on the same calorie level as if I had the shakes. Dinner was grilled fish with rice and veg, no sauce, so quite healthy too. Just have to avoid the evening munchies now!

Oh, and I forgot to add that this last week I went on three runs with DS in the pram, swimming with the kids once and for one gym session! I also walked to school for nearly all drop offs and pick ups and for walks to parks etc in the nice weather :) Going to try to keep the exercise levels up!

How many calories in Lemsip, Strepsils and the like??? I am going through them at a magnificent rate, with the potential detriment to the diet. I have not had Lemsip in years, but I have three kids to look after, so I need all the help I can get to get back to full health.

Today:
B: 2 chocolate weetabix and skimmed milk
S: Banana
L: SF bar
S: Strawberries
D: Chicken and veg curry (homemade by DH)

And lots of cold remedies!

Hi - just found your diary! :D Well done with your motivation and losses so far!! My goodness you're better than me avoiding the chocolate so early on! lol I love Lindt and WILL have a bunny for easter! lol

That's the fab thing about SF I find that you can be bad when you want, and not mess up your diet totally - you can just start again on it the next day. :D I was on Cambridge before (not allowed while BF) and if you messed up a day then you were back 3 more days to get into ketosis.

Remember to eat enough to keep your feeding 'good' for baby as still needs you - but it can be done! :D Just maybe one more healthy meal or snack needed.

Look forward to reading your progress!

Back