my weird ramblings

Thanks for the good wishes. Sorry about Madam.

I have treats for mine for Vday (as we are American and do it up a bit). My DD refused to fill out the American Style Valentines day cards for her British classmates this year. She is willing to hand out little bags of American Sweets, but said that they made fun of the cards in the past. She did fill out a card for her teacher.

MM

i need to learn to behave!

so day one today, roll on ketosis!
got madam home for the half term holiday, shes driving me nuts already! lol

got told off last night by HIM for being out of contact with him for a whole 2 and a half days, geez

reading a magazine and theyve had a curvy model compatition, have to laugh most of the girls are a 12 and the biggest is a size 14 - 16, wow thats whats considered plus size/ over the norm these days?

OMG -- an UK 12 is a US 8/10 -- that is sm/med! And an UK 14 is as US 10/12 and that's a medium/large. Curvey should be a true PLUS Size -- at least a US 16, which is an UK 18!

It is kind of romantic that "him" missed you after only a couple of days.

We are having a busy, busy party prep day here. DD is off for 1/2 term. After the party (5 p.m. tonight until 11 a.m. tomorrow -- sleep over), DD and I will go to London to meet up with friends who live in Germany now. Then... who knows -- we have no plans carved in stone (and we did not over October 1/2 or Christmas... but we are going to Texas in April). Maybe some day trips, etc. We'll have to see.

Do you have anything going?

MM

im thinking cinema one day, play place another and if the weathers good local park

had madam at the hospital last week for orthotics review and her legs have deteriorated :(
shes tighter now so they wanted to put her straight back into the leg splints. weve reached a compromise of inserts in her shoes which they will fit and assess on the 10th of march but its only 2 days after her surgery so her walkings going to suck and i can see them telling me we told you so and casting her for new splints :(

Poor Madam. Can you get her assessed before operation?

MM

sadly not as the inserts have to be made off site due to them being made of carbon fibre and thats the date theyve given for them to be at the hospital

i should learn to keep my mouth shut lol

HIM wants to know where to find this diary so he can read what i say about him, lol

what a long day......... of shopping lol

my sister nicely let me buy her birthday pressie today. she dragged me round meadowhall, then parkgate and finally tescos out in the sticks wow im shatterred now, lol

Hi Claire --

It sounds like a nice day out (if exhausting).

I am tired, too. Sleepover for DD's birthday last night and London to meet up with old friend today.

MM

hope the party went well mel and that your daughter had a wonderful time with her friend

going to pick up some holiday brochures. had a letter from haven to tell me i still have some money on my account ( a childrens disabled charity paid for us last year and i had some left over ) spoke to my sister about it and now she and my brother in law want to come along too, have to book by the end of next week.

Hi Claire,

We have stayed at Haven (one in Cornwall). We really liked their caravans -- very clean and nice. The entertainment was good, too. Yes, book soon they are very popular. It'll be nice to get away -- and to have other adults with you both.

Thanks for asking, and the party went well. I have had various reports back on how shattered all the girls were the next day... wall climbing, sugar overload, dancing, playing, not sleeping, etc. Good thing it is half-term. ;)

I hope you have a restful and relaxing Sunday.

MM

lol bet they all slept well when they got home and crashed, lol

we went to the one in norfolk last year, 4 hour drive but we had a great time
its cornwall they want to go to this year, thing is there expecting me to pay for it all as they expect me to apply to the charity again which i will but theres no garentee they would help this time. if im paying thou i will be having the master bedroom, no way im going to sleep in a single with madam, lol

we went to centre parks a few years ago and i paid for us all, it cost me £4000 by the end of the holiday, never again, lol

Hi Claire -- If you do go to Cornwall... mkae certain that the park is not on top of a cliff. The one we stayed at had a long walk down to the beach and a long walk up -- it would be very difficult with Madam.

Good luck with the funding -- and shame on your sister and her OH for not pulling their weight.

MM

its the perran sands one i was thinking of booking as it has more facilitys. sister wants the riviera sands one as she wants to be near st ives, never heard of the place myself, lol

hmm yeah walking up and down a cliff with madam would be interesting thou with me hopefuly being close to goal ( its beginning of september im looking at ) and with there being more adults we could carry her between us, we do that on hikes in the peaks ( makes me laugh when thier male friends cant manage to carry her more than a few feet, guess im stronger than i thought, i can lift over 15 stone thou so 18kg is easy, lol )

Holiday Summary

Park:
Perran Sands Holiday Type: Self Catered Holiday

I found the confirmation -- it was Perran Sands and it was on a cliff top!

MM

just checked the book mel and it says both have a steep walk thru sand dunes, hmm will have to have a think about it

well i checked the charity paperwork and it says if i book a holiday BEFORE an award is made then they wont help so i think am just going to book the one we went to last year and pay it myself for me and kaya

Hey Claire,

Still apply to the charity -- why can't Kaya have more than one holiday?

MM

just feel it would be a bit of a cheek asking for a holiday when shes already getting one iykwim

grrrr virgin media is screwing up today, keep losing my tv and internet and having to switch it on and off, tv is refusing to come back on much to madams annoyance, think i will be spending the afternoon on hold trying to talk to them

and minimins apprears to be faulty too

Back